JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Next Year's Honorees Should Be?

Hymn Strings

JJ and FP definitely gotta be in there

they're losing credibility without Rakim on there

De La, Tribe, or Brand Nubian deserve it

it wouldn't hurt to honor an underground artist, like Gang Starr, or Kool Keith/Ultramagnetic, and of course I'd like to see Aceyalone or Freestyle Fellowship on there...

So, any other early nominees for next year's show? :hmm:

oh...and Wu-Tang?

Here's my ideal line up (with so many people in mind for future shows).

Kurtis Blow

-Run (aka Son of Kurtis Blow) tribute, maybe MC Hammer

JJ+FP

-Nick Cannon pays respect

MC Lyte

-Foxy Brown pays respect

Eric B. + Rakim

-not sure who could pay respect

A Tribe Called Quest

-Black Eyed Peas pay respect

Juice (movie)

Here's some that I have in mind, btw I think KRS was honored last year but he should definately come back and pay homage to somebody:

JJFP

Big Pun

Slick Rick

MC Lyte

NWA

Geto Boys

Kool G Rap

Eric B. and Rakim

Nah, they were honoring Run-Dmc but they weren't honored themselves! It'd be awesome if Slick Rick, Biz Markie, and JJFP were all honored at the same time, they could perform "So Fresh"!

Edited by bigted

I can't imagine them not honoring JJFP and Rakim next year unless they honor a bunch of earlier pioneers like Kurtis Blow, Roxanne Chante, Whoodini, Busy Bee, and UTFO but if they honor a bunch of gangsta rappers that came in the 90s and don't honor JJFP and Rakim I'll be mad! :woono: They got the right thing going right now balancing every style of hip-hop so they're gonna be honored I'm sure unless they start screwing up. I think "Do The Right Thing" would also be another classic movie that should be considered being honored if they don't honor "Juice", they should honor "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" too one day.

Edited by bigted

I can't imagine them not honoring JJFP and Rakim next year unless they honor a bunch of earlier pioneers like Kurtis Blow, Roxanne Chante, Whoodini, Busy Bee, and UTFO but if they honor a bunch of gangsta rappers that came in the 90s and don't honor JJFP and Rakim I'll be mad! :woono: They got the right thing going right now balancing every style of hip-hop so they're gonna be honored I'm sure unless they start screwing up. I think "Do The Right Thing" would also be another classic movie that should be considered being honored if they don't honor "Juice", they should honor "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" too one day.

Word! I never thought about that one, but FPOBA should be honored somewhere down the line.

Eric B. and Rakim should squash their beef and make another album together, I think Pete Rock and CL Smooth are working on a comeback album, they should be honored too, there's so many ol' school legends that should be honored like Heavy D and The Boyz, EPMD, MC Hammer, Digital Underground, Gangstarr, Nice and Smooth, and Too Short to name a few, they could do tribute shows for the golden era for at least the next decade! I must confess I need to get some Ice-T albums too, I heard a few of his songs but I never bought any of his albums, his albums need to be re-released again, this is a thing they should work on too, in between when they ain't honoring the legends they could work on re-releasing their albums so the public could easily be able to access those treasure albums.

Edited by bigted

I'm gonna post over on the VH1 message board and say that I want JJFP to be honored, we should all do the same, maybe the peeps in charge of VH1 might notice that a lot of peeps want JJFP there to be honored and they'll honor them next year, they won my respect over so I might post over on their board once in a while, I wonder if they have a voting thing to vote for "Party Starter" to make their top 20, I'll have to check the site:

http://www.vh1.com/interact/boards/main.jh...ffset=0&index=0

Edited by bigted