JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

DJ Jonny5 feat. Will Smith & DJ Jazzy Jeff - Running and Reading (The Key to Life)

Jonny 5

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im listening this track again & again & it's growing up in me!

When Will said that? How old he was?

CAN SOMEONE WRITE ME LYRICS, PLEASE? (I understand what he is saying about reading, but can't exacly figured out about running:( )!

"I want to say something, that I want you to remeber for the rest of your lives, ok. I want you to listen closely. I am giving you the key to life right now, this is the key to life. The key to life, the key to life is running, and reading. Alright? Now listen, I'm very serious. The key to life is running, and reading. Alright now, why running? When you're running, and you're out there running, there is a little person that talks to you. And that little person says"oh I'm tired, my lungs are about to pop, oh I'm so tired. There is no way I could possibly keep going." And you want to quit. Right? That person, if you can learn how to defeat that person when you're running, you will learn how to not quit when things get hard in you're life."

In other words, if you learn how to not quit when you are running and very tired, then you will learn how to not quit when things get hard in your life.

hey, now it's clearly for me, thank you very much!

I'll try to write other text:

"I have got this reall sarcastic thing about, like, you know, profection & working hard, like ....... young, I realized that the person .... works the harders wins, you know it's like, while others guys sleepin, I'm workin,

while others guys eatin, I'm workin, you know, the others guys makin love, I mean Im makin love ............"

"Love what you do & do what you love"

"Reading, the reason that readin is so important. There .... a millions, a billions, a billions, a gasillions of people that had lived before all of us. There is no new problems you can have, with your parents, with school, with the ...... , with anything is no problems you can have, that someone has a result & wrote about it in the book. So the in live is a running & reading."

If I made some mistakes, correct me!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...