JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Party Starter on the Charts

fan 4ever

switch never got to the top 3 so its a flop in my opinion. They've never played it often on TV here and the promotion was and is still too bad.

The Summer is over and its actually time for Tell Me Why or Loretta...

btw, i thought that Will want to show his more serious side, but instead of releasing deep songs like Tell Me Why or Loretta he is still acting like "Mr Nice Guy".

JJFP Rock The House

Well FP is "Mr. Nice Guy", he don't curse in his raps, I mean gangsta rap fans won't accept him unless he starts rapping about blunts and hoes, how many rappers out there that don't curse in all their songs are platinum right now? That's why less people buy LL's albums recently too.

He needs a tour, he needs to perform.... he's acting...Why? Party starter is a great song and it hasn't the right support.. This is what I hate of Will: he says he's a rapper but everytime he puts his movies above his rap career!! Stop acting and start rappin Fresh prince!! u Gotta give a worldwide tour to your fans

I mean that he is still representing himself as the party guy and not the deep meaningful FP he wants to show.

Well that's his trademark and hate it or love it that's what he's gonna be known for, I don't think releasing "Tell Me Why" is gonna change that overnight after 20 years of club songs, and it probably won't be that popular anyway, "Parter Starter" has the biggest chance to be a big hit, this is not a commercial friendly album, we can't expect it to do "Big Willie Style" numbers, it's a surprise to me that it outsold "Code Red" 'cause that's his other known street cred album, the mainstream public wants him to do songs like "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" and "Summertime", they don't want him to do songs like "Shadow Dreams" and "Tell Me Why", if he released all the club songs on the album like "Pump Ya Brakes" and "If You Can't Dance" then maybe he'd have a chance to sell millions, "Tell Me Why" and "Ms. Holy Roller" won't sell millions but win street cred just like when "So Fresh" was released for "Willenium" it didn't sell anymore, Nas releases serious songs all the time and he don't sell millions, actually when he released that club song with Ginuwine he hit double platinum but "Nastradamous"'s like his least street cred album, you either have popularity or street cred, you can't have both usually, I believe the only reason why "One Mic" had so much success and "Stillmatic" went double platinum was 'cause he was in the middle of battlin' Jay-Z at that moment so maybe if FP releases "Mr. Nice Guy" around the same time as "Tell Me Why" with Eminem and him go back and forth battlin', maybe he'll have success, beef sells, that might be the only hope.

Edited by bigted