JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jay Z Signs The Roots to Def Jam.

Vipa

Source: http://www.HipHopGame.com

This is long overdue, The Roots, who've played backed Jay-Z in numerous acoustic sessions , are Def Jam's newest group.

Last week we hinted that Jay-Z was looking to sign The Roots, now the deal is official.

The Roots are currently putting the finishing touches on their album, 'Game Theory' to be released early next year.

Some of the guests include Black Star and Saigon.

Wow, i'm impressed. Jay-Z actually did something good! Don't knock Rihanna tho'...her album is one of the best one's i've gotten in awhile. U can't put her in the same category as Tierra Maria or Ciara. Naughty Be Nature might be a cool addition 2 Def Jam...interesting idea.

Wow, i'm impressed. Jay-Z actually did something good! Don't knock Rihanna tho'...her album is one of the best one's i've gotten in awhile. U can't put her in the same category as Tierra Maria or Ciara. Naughty Be Nature might be a cool addition 2 Def Jam...interesting idea.

I don`t diss Rihana..

I juts think Artits like here shouldn`t be on Def Jam!

Same for 112..I love 112,I realy love them but i don`t think they should be on dDef Jam..

I don`t diss Rihana..

I juts think Artits like here shouldn`t be on Def Jam!

Same for 112..I love 112,I realy love them but i don`t think they should be on dDef Jam..

:iagree:

finally Jay-z has done somethin' good

:word: Jay-Z made a great move there, now that's a start to help rebuild Def Jam, there ain't nothin' wrong with Rhianna or 112 but Def Jam should be strictly hip-hop, I think that's what Turntable means there.

Edited by bigted

"The Roots got a new home. It's a legacy, it's historical. Of course, for the Roots, the most important thing for us is providing grade-quality, hip-hop connoisseur music. So we're very excited to have a new home. We're gonna maximize on it. [The new album] is 15 songs, it's gonna be our darkest, craziest record since [2002's] Phrenology, [1996's] Illadelph Halflife. This is a dirty, dirty record — a raw-sounding record.
Edited by Turntable

JJFP need to do a track with The Roots one day, I know Jazzy produced a track on their "Things Fall Apart" album but I'd love to hear FP and Black Thought rippin' the mic together, that'd be groundbreaking if they had an all Philly tour as well.

Yeah The Roots were starting to hit rock bottom by being overcreative on their last 2 albums, their fanbase lost interest in them but I think they said in the article that the next album is supposed to be the rawest album since "Illadelph Halflife" and "Phrenology", I don't know why they'd consider comparing "Illadelph Halflife" to "Phrenology", it ain't even close that'd like if Will compared "Code Red" to "Born To Reign"! :hmm:

I was one fo those that actually liked phrenology. Maybe cause the day i copped the cd, i also saw then live..and they're probably the best live hiphopact ever. So the songs became much better in my head maybe.

The last albums is really nice too..not as good as illadelph, but still good. I love to hear scott storch produce things that ain't plastic and just commercial.