JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The New Will Smith?

joetwizzy

Nick Cannon has a hand in everything. From comedy to music and even movies, the squeaky clean Cannon may be heir to the throne Will Smith has created- but will he be as successful as his older, more seasoned counterpart?

First up, the 24-year-old is getting set to debut his new sketch-comedy show “Wild ‘N Out” on MTV. The show, set to debut July 28th, will feature a blend of rap and comedy performances.

"It's amazing. I just got all my comedic friends together, introduced them to my hip-hop friends, and we just created this big, huge improv sketch-comedy show that's unlike anything you've ever seen on television," Cannon told MTV. "Common came through. Kanye West, the Ying Yang Twins, Method Man, [Cannon's longtime girlfriend] Christina Milian. Comics like Kat Williams and Wayne Brady. It's just like a party in every episode."

Next is the completion of his 2nd album, Stages, which is scheduled to drop this fall. The first single “Can I Live” is already building up steam and the album will feature the likes of Kanye West and Talib Kweli.

As far as movies go, Cannon has five films on deck. Coming September 23rd is the roller-skating film “Roll Bounce.” He’s also doing a detective “Beverly Hills Cop”-ish film titled “The Underclassman” which drops August 5th. And he’ll also be seen in the gambling drama called “Even Money” which features a bevy of film talent including Forest Whitaker, Ray Liotta, Kelsey Grammer, Kim Basinger and Danny DeVito.

Watch out Will Smith, the kid is coming on strong!

This discussion has been done with for quite some time, and the general consensus was that Nick Cannon is pretty talented, his works in music and movies don't compare to what Will was doing at that point of his career.