JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Americans at school

Lerkot

We had some amercians visiting us at school today.. 21 and 20 years old, two guys. They talked about the american culture and they were really funny even tho many in my class were too shy to talk with them. Anyhow, at the end of the lesson we asked questions to the guys. My question was "Who's you favorite actor?" and they answered "Jim Carrey and maybe the guy who plays the king in lord of the rings, whats your favorite?"

And I answered "Will Smith" and one of the guys said "Yeah Will Smith is a favorite... he's a much better actor than he is a rapper" and the other guy told me about a relative whos Wills neighboour. Of course, when the lesson was over, I spoke a with the guy who said Will was a better actor than rapper... I think i changed his mind haha :) A cool thing happened when I answered Will Smith... some of the people in the class said "Yeah" loud and clear... gotta speak with those people, they got knowledge!

Otherwise the Americans was nice as I said... They thought Swedish food was better than American and they said that Americans should go travel more abroad than what they do right now. I think I could live in USA, these guys convinced me that you actually can shake the hands of Americans without gloves or without touching them with a stick to see if they are for real. America, i'm coming!

Edit: By the way, the american guys didnt understand what our teacher was saying since she are talking with an accent that is more brittish than... James Bond.

Edited by Lerkot

You made that sound like we're so usual. Well, your not from America so I guess it's because I'm used to it. But actually, I don't even see people here as "Americans". I just see people as people.

What did these two Americans do? What to you say to him to change his mind? I know you brought up some good points. Probably went back to his crib to listen to some Big Willie.

You made that sound like we're so usual. Well, your not from America so I guess it's because I'm used to it. But actually, I don't even see people here as "Americans". I just see people as people.

What did these two Americans do? What to you say to him to change his mind? I know you brought up some good points. Probably went back to his crib to listen to some Big Willie.

Well I told him that he should go get Wills latest album and he was like "oh yeah I heard a track from it yesterday, lyrics were really good" and I said "yeah check it out" and he said "i will" so it didnt need a lot of work really ^^

I'm moving to the states for a year after high school.

dunno where, when, how or with which money, but i'll prolly manage.

i think Americans are brillient. i like they way u are so loud and un-boring like british people. Everything is so much more dramatic, i think everything should be done that way.

Im definatly going to America on holiday when im older, i cant wait, i love the food, the people, everything. I sound like im sucking up now lol.

Yeah, there are boring Americans...like Wes and Jim. :lolsign:

Jus' playin'. This post has really made me wonder how the rest of the world looks at Americans. I agree that ANYONE ANYWHERE needs 2 travel the world. I think it would really open up people's eyes. I've never left the east coast. One day when i'm more finacially stable, i'm sure i'll do some traveling.