JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP at Taxi's Hamburgers

WesSyde

ok here's a great story that happened to me yesterday. my family and i go out to eat at a restaurant called Taxi's Hamburgers. i dunno how common place they are in the US but i'll describe the place anyways. it's an old fashioned burger joint with pretty good food. it was really popular back in the 60's and 70's i think. well anyways, they used to have jukeboxes at every booth back in those days and u'd pay a quarter to play whatever song u wanted. they kept that tradition even as it faded out of style and they still have the jukeboxes there today. so i went in, ordered my food, and started flippin thru the jukebox. a lot of it is 60's/70's/80's rock/pop/soul music and stuff. there's Elvis and Beach Boys and even some compilations of Billboard hits. there's no rap tho, which i wouldn't expect. then i start coming accross some 80's and 90's pop compilations where u see 1 or 2 rap songs. i saw Kool & The Gang and i saw Naughty By Nature... i thought that was pretty cool. then the unthinkable happened, a flipped the page and a whole album of JJ+FP!!!! i was about to lose my mind!! they were the only rap group in there to have a whole album! it wasn't one of the released albums tho, it was just 13 of their biggest hits... i think all of them were on the JJ+FP greatest hits cd. they had MIB, Just Cruisin, Girls, Brand New Funk, Parents, A Touch of Jazz, the FPOBA theme, Summertime, Boom!, and a couple others. i was really hyped but my dad wouldn't give me any money to play a song! i would've used my money except i didn't have my wallet with me at the time. :shrug: it's ok tho cuz i can always come home and listen to them :thumbsup: it was really nice to see a whole album devoted to them tho cuz almost everything else was 60's and 70's music. New Edition also had a whole album on there for anyone who's interested. other than those 2, everything else was oldies music.

When I first read the topic, I thought you meant Will and Jeff were at that restaurant! :lolsign: It's cool that they have JJFP in the jukebox tho, lots of good songs there! :thumbsup:

I thought the same thing.

Ya'll ain't alone either. I did 2 :rofl:

When I first read the topic, I thought you meant Will and Jeff were at that restaurant! :lolsign: It's cool that they have JJFP in the jukebox tho, lots of good songs there! :thumbsup:

I thought the same thing.

Ya'll ain't alone either. I did 2 :rofl:

Wouldn't it be funny tho if you just went to some fast food restaurant and all of a sudden Will and Jeff show up? :lolsign:

Wouldn't it be funny tho if you just went to some fast food restaurant and all of a sudden Will and Jeff show up? :lolsign:

:yeah: I wud yell for joy and then panic because I wudnt kno what to do or say..

• 2 weeks later...