JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Craziest Job You've Ever Had

MaxFly

I can't really say i've had a crazy job. My 1st job waz working at the grocery store. I remember doing silly thing like running out 2 the farthest part of the parking lot...getting a running head start and jumping on top of it while going down hill (this waz years b4 Jackass). I remember being told 2 clean a bathroom that someone had crapped all over. My way of doing this waz blocking the door with Wet Floor signs, hooking up a hose and hoseing the whole thing down from a distance. I remember cleaning the same bathroom at another time with a friend. We used so many chemicals that we probably shouldn't have mixed, that we got so loopy, that we just leaned on the mops looking at each other and laughing histarically. I think we were laughing for the next 15 minutes until it wore off.

My job at the dinner theater is just dope. Doing what u love, waiting tables, and working with your best friends. The cool thing about doing a show 20 or 30 times is that we can add things in a change things which can lead 2 crazy outbursts on stage.

Lastly, working at the photography studio is just fun. We have wheeles on the bottom of these toy boxes that we store stuff in. I used 2 take the locks off the wheeles, get a running head start and jump on top of them, then go flying out in2 the mall while on top of them (i seem 2 have a habit of this). We also have 100's of balloons in the store. Sometimes i get bored and start people watching where i'll just blow up balloons and let them go zig-zagging all thru' the mall.

Nothing real crazy, just a few bits of the silly stuff i do.

well my craziest job is my first and only job and i have it right now. i work Logistics for a store called Mervyns which sells clothes and stuff. my job usually consists of taking things off the shelves in the back and stocking them in the store. however, it often requires a lot more. i often have to carry out large items for customers who can't lift them, i have to carry tables and racks out to the floor, and just about anything else that comes up. a couple of times i've even had to get the mop out because of kids wetting their pants on the floor. of course my approach is similar to AJ's. just mop it up with a dry mop and put some caution signs next to it. it's not really that crazy of an experience or that crazy of a job but it's all i have to share.

I haven't really had any crazy jobs, my jobs have been mostly programming or teaching. I've had two somewhat interesting experiences.

On one of my programming jobs, of which I was salary, I had to work 80-100 hours a week for 6 months straight. 180 12+ hour days in a row with no days off get's a bit old.

When I started teaching I was 20 years old and most of my students where much older. For those outside of the US, the legal drinking age is 21 here. From time to time one of my former students would be so kind as to make a beer run for me.

Well my parents had a small vending machine business sometime back, so I wouldd go with either or both of them to fill these machines once every week or so. It wasn't necessarily a weird or crazy job, but it is somewhat unconventional. You'd be surprised how much these vending companies mark up the prices of snacks and drinks...

I also worked in a pathology/histology lab at Boston Medical. Basically, we'd recieve tissue samples from various departments of the hospital: biopsies from surgeries, samples from autopsies and a few samples from the dental school daily. After a number of steps, the result would be a stained slide with a very thin slice of tissue. Residents and doctors who worked with us would spend several hours every evening looking at the slides under microscopes and making diagnoses based on the tissue abnormalities. The cool and sort of weird part is that I got to sit in on autopsies and aided in doing some. We'd talk about lunch and stuff while we were splitting dead people's rib cages and cleaning out their bowels, and we'd usually be half serious. It was definitely fun. Some of the weirder things came from the dental school. You'd be surprised the sort of things people allow to grow in their mouths before they go to see a dentist or a doctor. Usually, I'd be by myself cutting the samples to proper sizes for slides, so it wasn't the most pleasant part of the day.

This past summer, I worked at a Visiting Nurse Agency installing vital sign monitors in patients homes and setting up a website for the agency. I can add more, but all I'll say for now is that old people love to talk.

My craziest 'job' to date would be grouse beating. Basically over the summer holidays when I was like 14 to 16 lots of kids would go grouse beating for £30 (~ $50). You run throught the moor (huge expanses of land covered with heather (plant that grouse (game birds) like to eat)). You wave flags that make a lot of sound and shout stuff, when the birds fly into the air they would get shot by at by a load of rich blokes who pay thousands of pounds a day to shoot them... Julie's gonna love me for this! :lolsign:

ive ony had 2 jobs, the first was in a pet store but that was based in a diy centre and they ended up making me put all the diy equipment on the shelves and i nearly died of boredom.

My job now, which most know is as a veterinary nurse (vets helper). i could tell u a crazy story from everyday to be honest. Our clients are mostly a little under equiped in the brain department.

The lowest moment (well theres many) is probably the time a dog had an operation, now your not supposed to feed them before an anaesthetic bcoz they vomit afterwards, only the owner didnt tell us the dog eats its own poo. And yes the dog woke up and vomited poo everywhere. So guess who cleaned up the dog sick/poo, yes me. If u think reading the story is bad then u should have been there!

Sometimes bcoz the job is really serious we have to joke around and do weird stuff. My new thing is when we get old fruit given to us by some woman (i dont know why she does), i enjoy putting them all over the vets car, once i put about 100 bananas on it haha. He wasnt mad tho, he actually saw the funny side, the shop people over the road thought i was mad tho.

I get yelled at a lot too, it used to be scary but now its kinda fun. bcoz im so used to it, it doesnt bother me and people get really wound up bcoz i dont flinch. and a lot of people run off without paying so i run into the car park after them and embarass them lol.

Im gonna stop now coz i could go on forever.

JONNY!!!! ive just read what u wrote. Dont encourage those evil people. I rescue pigeons and seagulls and allsorts and people just Kill grouse like that.

Julie is shocked! :willvspaparazzi:

• Members

My craziest 'job' to date would be grouse beating. Basically over the summer holidays when I was like 14 to 16 lots of kids would go grouse beating for £30 (~ $50). You run throught the moor (huge expanses of land covered with heather (plant that grouse (game birds) like to eat)). You wave flags that make a lot of sound and shout stuff, when the birds fly into the air they would get shot by at by a load of rich blokes who pay thousands of pounds a day to shoot them... Julie's gonna love me for this! :lolsign:

And I was thinking you guys ran through the moor beating the birds lol

And I was thinking you guys ran through the moor beating the birds lol

naaa, that's only occasionally if they're not totally deceased... I'm kind to wildlife see Julie, I put 'em out of their misery :)

i bet u dont do it in a kind way with an injection thats like just falling asleep.

Dont get me started on rich hunters. Ive had to see what they do on tapes and stuff while in animal care college and veterinary nurse college. Its sick basically. They get turned on by somethings pain. I'll never forget the squeel a badger made when it was being ripped apart by 3 dogs, i know the grouse things a bit different coz its a quick shot, but those hunterd are all the same. :daveuidiot:

sorry for the off topic!

yeah, I've seen the videos when we used to debate about it at school, probs not as graphic as yours tho... I'm not arguing by the way, I can try and understand what it must be like working in a vets...

Jonny.... lol, That's a crazy job. I'm with Julie on the animal cruelty though... Whatever happened to shooting skeet?