JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The F word on ''Tell me why''

PhiL

He bleeped it out though so young kids wouldn't know what he said still so it's all good, Will's not against cursing in songs, he's against rappers cursing repeatedly with no reason like Eminem and 50 Cent that's all, sometimes cursing in a song builds intensity just like when 2Pac and Public Enemy but when done too much it sounds ignorant.

Edited by bigted

I think the song would sound way better without it. Sounds crazy with an old rotten beep...

They didn't bleep out bitch in "You Saw My Blinker" so I don't see why they had to bleep out "f***" in the 1st place, he only said it one time, there's a lot of albums out there that have quite a few "f***" mentioned without getting parental advisory labels, especially Queen Latifah's "Black Reign" album.

I don't think the the F-word is on "Tell Me Why" is the same as the B-word on "You Saw My Blinker." The F-word is in a league of it's own. I don't think it would have been cool for FP 2 leave it unedited in the song. However, i think they should have just edited it out rather than put that rediculous beep in.

I think the f-word should have been bleeped out. That second verse is like lava getting hotter in the volcano before eventually erupting. You can hear the passion and intensity in Will's voice as he goes thru the verse. The f-word simply sums up Will's frustration and anger at the injustice in the world. It's quite possible the best verse he's ever spit.

I wish they didn't bleep it. But I understand why they did. I think that bleep is like Kev said a lil 2 loud and solid. But it kinda adds a lil something 2 the song with that beep. Shows that WS was really emotinal in that verse. I'm ok with the bleep and it's a great song still.

The beep doesn't really do nothing to ruin the song, actually it's probably loud to signify the tension of the song, if it was silence it just wouldn't feel the same, basically it would be the same thing if it was unedited and he was yelling the f word, everybody knows he said the f word anyway though in the song, it ain't a mystery, that's why I think it's kinda pointless to edit songs anyway especially if there's only like one or two curses in the entire song 'cause we all sorta know all the curses they're saying in the songs like it was unedited still, I could see maybe if he was cursing in every line of the song that's inappropriate like songs that have over 100 curses in it and it sounds like" ___ this ____ suck my ___ ___ i'll ___ this ____ ___ you", when it's an edited Eminem song. But if you only curse one time like what the ___? you know what I said right? :lolsign:

Edited by bigted