JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jay-Z Declares War !

JamesUK

Will's the only one keepin' it real, he makes a lot of money but he puts his skills first on his priorities.

No there are more!

He`s maybe one of the best but he isn`t the only one!

Of course there's quite a few more but Will's the most popular one that keeps it true, the other ones just don't get recognition at all is basically what I mean.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will's the only one keepin' it real, he makes a lot of money but he puts his skills first on his priorities.

No there are more!

Of course there's quite a few more but Will's the most popular one that keeps it true, the other ones just don't get recognition at all is basically what I mean.

Yeah well you could mention De La Soul and The Beastie Boys and stuff..

No there are more!

Yeah well you could mention De La Soul and The Beastie Boys and stuff..

Yeah they're awesome but I don't think they're that known on the commercial scene right now, well maybe Beastie Boys since basically all their albums go platinum, I was more referring the commercial scene where you have a bunch of wack crews with the fame and glory, but when it comes down to it, crews like De La Soul, Beastie Boys, Hieroglyphics, Wu-Tang would destroy these crews in a battle, somebody gotta get them on a popular label so they could take over the game.

Edited by bigted

"That's what wrong with the rap game right now

There's a bunch of clowns and a bunch of clicks I could probably rap circles around", that basically sums up how it is!, Yeah it sucks that Naughty By Nature ain't signed, just like Rakim, that's what's wrong with the rap game right now too, like I said before if Jay-Z wants respect in hip-hop he should sign these great mcs, he has the power to do it, he can't knock all these wack mcs himself he's gonna need help or else he'll end up hyping up the wack rappers' careers more, the great mcs he could try to sign could bring quality back to hip-hop but putting DMX and Redman on hold makes it a long shot that he'd consider doing that.

Edited by bigted

like I said before if Jay-Z wants respect in hip-hop he should sign these great mcs, he has the power to do it, he can't knock all these wack mcs himself he's gonna need help or else he'll end up hyping up the wack rappers' careers more, the great mcs he could try to sign could bring quality back to hip-hop but putting DMX and Redman on hold makes it a long shot that he'd consider doing that.

Yep thats why i think he isnt`a good president for Def jam!

LL would do a better Job..LL is Def Jam!

I want Russel back!Why didn`t he just sign Rev Run to Def jam insteed of making a New Label :davidblaine:

Edited by Turntable

This is what makes Lost and Found such a great song, it is such a great portrayal of the sorry state of hip-hop today, I would love to see Will perform that song somewhere, say, the Grammies...