JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jay-Z Declares War !

JamesUK

I agree..I think LL would make Def Jam Legendary again!He would sign Legends and real talents to bring back quality Hip hop..

I mean LL is Def Jam!He`s been there from the begining.Whithout him they would be nothing!That`s just the truth..

Jigga is only signing Rihana and stuff like that to sell more Records..

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame that things didn't work out with Overbrook with Will, he was planning on singing MC Lyte, who knows he coulda signed Public Enemy too since he's good friends with Chuck D and Flava Flav, I thought Jay-Z became president of Def Jam to help restore the label but it seems he's setting it up to sign less talented artists so that he looks better than all of them, look like he's shelving Redman's and DMX's albums 'cause he knows that they're better than his probably, lol, if he does it to LL though it'll be a war, lol!

Edited by bigted

You can't deny that Jay Z is an icon in this business. He's one of my favorite MCs, and whether you agree with what he says or not, Dude can spit, and dude did something for this genre...

Him standing up, and not letting people wlak all over him is no problem with me. Remember his little thing with nas? One of the best back to back battles in recent history, so you know jay Z Knows what he's doing. It's more than just "You suck IM BETTER!", he puts thought into his disses, and he actually says something more. He'll acknowledge if his opponent has talent, at the same time, putting him down. Can't wait for the track.

Dear Summer is a dope song, along the same lines.

I don't care who he disses, he better release the Redman and DMX albums soon, if he doesn't then they might battle him too, lol, it's not they're new artists either you're talking about either, DMX has as many #1 albums as Jay-Z does, he deserves more love than what he gets and Redman been there longer than Jay-Z, over 10 years now, he's a great battle rapper too. That'd be a nice statement to bring some quality hip-hop back if he'd only release them, if he's gonna start making albums again, somebody else should be president of Def Jam 'cause he's doing a lousy job so far, those 2 albums were supposed to come out before Young Jeezy's, Foxy Brown's album should be out now too, she's better than Tiarra Marie. btw a lot of hip-hop fans, even a lot of Jay-Z fans think that Nas won the battle between them, they roll with Jay-Z though 'cause he has more appeal than Nas does, Nas is too conscious for a massive audience, he's like the modern day KRS, you could say Will might be able to sell more records too 'cause he's more of a feel good rapper than KRS is but they all got a lot of talent regardless, Jay-Z not a good battle rapper but Nas is not a good club rapper, FP and LL are the total package, they could rock a club and knock out mcs at the same time which is what seperates them from everybody else.

Edited by bigted

I don't care who he disses, he better release the Redman and DMX albums soon, if he doesn't then they might battle him too, lol, it's not they're new artists either you're talking about either, DMX has as many #1 albums as Jay-Z does, he deserves more love than what he gets and Redman been there longer than Jay-Z, over 10 years now, he's a great battle rapper too. That'd be a nice statement to bring some quality hip-hop back if he'd only release them, if he's gonna start making albums again, somebody else should be president of Def Jam 'cause he's doing a lousy job so far, those 2 albums were supposed to come out before Young Jeezy's, Foxy Brown's album should be out now too, she's better than Tiarra Marie.

Thas right!

But even when he brings out the Albums they got louzy promotion..Just look at the 112 Album!The was great but the promotion was juts terible..

Jigga only cares about Rihana and Kanye and the so they can get some sels..

Also he kicked Murda Inc. just `caus they had some law problems.That is just wack!When he`s going on like that Def jam will become a R&B/Pop Label..

Jay Z had nothing to do with the 112 album. He's just PRESIDENT of Roc a Fella. Def Jam owns 100% of ROC, and Universal owns def Jam. So essentially, it's their jobs to do the promotion, if they want their artists to sell.

Well if he's only president of Roc-a-fella, he should stop bragging about being president of Def Jam then, btw ain't 112 Bad Boy? I think that's Diddy's job to promote them. Ja Rule's supposed to be on stage with Jay-Z at that concert too so it's probably a no-brainer that they're gonna diss 50 Cent, 50's taking shots at Jigga too, everybody's fightin' to be the highest selling rapper, this is a joke, commercial rap is turning into wrestling.

Edited by bigted

Jay Z had nothing to do with the 112 album. He's just PRESIDENT of Roc a Fella. Def Jam owns 100% of ROC, and Universal owns def Jam. So essentially, it's their jobs to do the promotion, if they want their artists to sell.

Well if he's only president of Roc-a-fella, he should stop bragging about being president of Def Jam then, btw ain't 112 Bad Boy? I think that's Diddy's job to promote them.

Yo no man!

The newest 112 Album "Pleasure And Pian" came out (about the same time "Lost And Found" came out) on Def Jam when Jigga allreaday was president!

Now you see how wack the promotion is `caus even you guys don`t know about it..

Edited by Turntable

I remember the album came out the same day as "Lost and Found", I thought they were on Bad Boy still, I only saw their video like 2 times on BET and that's it, they weren't promoted well at all, and yes Jay-Z is really president of Def Jam, even though it doesn't seem like it since he hasn't done anything big there yet since he was named, Mariah was signed before he was president so Jay-Z had nothing to do with her success, the only platinum artist that he signed so far is Kanye West, everyone else is flopping, Def Jam ain't looking like the powerhouse of hip-hop right now, he's losing to G Unit and Shady Records so he's gonna try to battle them probably.

Edited by bigted

I remember the album came out the same day as "Lost and Found", I thought they were on Bad Boy still, I only saw their video like 2 times on BET and that's it, they weren't promoted well at all, and yes Jay-Z is really president of Def Jam, even though it doesn't seem like it since he hasn't done anything big there yet since he was named, Mariah was signed before he was president so Jay-Z had nothing to do with her success, the only platinum artist that he signed so far is Kanye West, everyone else is flopping, Def Jam ain't looking like the powerhouse of hip-hop right now, he's losing to G Unit and Shady Records so he's gonna try to battle them probably.

Yep 112 and al them besides Kanye and Rihanna are floping caus Jigga does lousy job so far!I gues when you look at Redman and Dmx they (112 and them) could be happy thath there Albums came out tho. :lolsign:

east rutherford nj!!!! thats close to me.. haha otherwise i dont have anything to say but that jay z is a rapper that i respect the most.

I wish it was JJFP comin' to New Jersey instead of Jay-Z, I guess Jay-Z does have a legit beef 'cause Def Jam ain't the powerhouse of hip-hop like I stated earlier but G Unit and Shady Records suck too, commercial rap bores me, all these suckers are only in it for the money, Will's the only one keepin' it real, he makes a lot of money but he puts his skills first on his priorities.

Edited by bigted