JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

DreamWorks Plans 'Madagascar 2' for 2008

MissAshley

DreamWorks Plans 'Madagascar 2' for 2008

Wed, Sep 14, 2005, 12:09 PM PT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com)- Leaping lemurs! DreamWorks Animation is looking to go back to the jungle with "Madagascar 2," a sequel to this summer's smash hit.

Given that the computer animated "Madagascar" has made more than $500 million worldwide (nearly $200 million in the United States alone), a sequel was probably a foregone conclusion, but DreamWorks principal Jeffrey Katzenberg made it official on Wednesday (Sept. 14). A new theatrical follow-up is beginning to rev up with an eye towards a 2008 release.

"As a result of its tremendous box office success, the potential to tell a new chapter in its story and the popularity of the film's characters, we are excited to announce that we are making 'Madagascar' our second company franchise -- along with 'Shrek,'" says Katzenberg in a statement

Ben Stiller, Chris Rock and Jada Pinkett Smith are committed to returning as Alex the Lion, Marty the Zebra and Gloria the Hippo, respectively. Other voices from the original are expected to be back as well.

In addition to the official "Madagascar 2," Katzenberg revealed that the popular penguins, supporting characters who primed many a young mind for the documentary "March of the Penguins," will star in a direct-to-DVD sequel set for 2009. The penguins will also return in a ten-minute short that will play before the DreamWorks October release "Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit."

http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/story/0,...--26762,00.html

i hope Ali G comes back too, b/c King Julian had me lmao!

i figured there would be a sequel when i heard the box office numbers