JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

R&B songwriters C. Haggins/I.Barias mention JJFP!

bigted

• Members

Yeah sure blame the white man for ruining hipnhop.Hip-hop's been in a demise em has no part of it he does what most rappers do so cut your crap.He rappers raps about what sells not great lyrics em is one the last great lyricist yet.So get off his balls stop hatin' for nothing.More great words form em."Homo-phobic,naw you just hetero-phobic.Staring at my jeans wathcing my genitals bulgin'.That's my motherf*kin' balls you better let go of them.They belong in my scrotum you'll never get hold of them" I dedicate that line to my new best friend Bigted. :chuks:

Edited by smootb

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not hating on Em just 'cause he's white, I think Beastie Boys are one of the greatest groups ever and they're white, they're original though, that's the point Eminem is unoriginal, he does the same things other rappers on MTV do by puttin' out gimmick songs to sell albums, like Will says in "Lost and Found": "Why should I try to sound like y'all sound?/That's what's wrong with the rap game right now"!, I have the right to diss Eminem if I want to, if he never made it big, the rap game would be much better than what it is today, there are high talented white rappers out there like Aesop Rock that could rip Eminem in a battle easily but they're slept on 'cause they don't make gimmick songs, I don't care what race Em was, I'd still say he sucks, like KRS-ONE says in "Ain't Ready" about sell-outs like Eminem:

"These rappers ain't got God in they heart

All they want is quick money, and a movie part

Let me begin - what, where, why or when

What's the use of double platinum if you're livin in sin

Hear the truth - how long you think you gonna last

rockin the mic, without havin to go back to class?

Now you're forced, to listen to the teacher outrap them

Yes there's life after platinum"

This part from KRS' "Ova Here" could also be used against Em:

"I think it's 'bout time we stop these pop rappers

F*** these pop rappers, hip hop does matter to me

Does it matter to you? My crew

If it does, you know what the hell to do

Throw your guns in the air, pump it like yeah

Let these bitch ass rappers know we in here

Go to the shows huh, boo 'em off stage

Tell 'em KRS told you they at the end of they days"

Edited by bigted

poor smootb! Eminem has brainwashed u so much that u feel the need to insult members on the board in eminem fashion with phrases such as "i don't give a f***" and "get off my balls". i got news 4 ya, that's not cool on this board. peace out. go drool over Eminem over here: http://www.d12world.com/board/index.php :whew:

my 2 pence on Eminem... loved The Slim Shady Lp, liked the Marshall Mathers Lp, have ignored everything since apart from "Lose Yourself", which was good.

but who stays on top forever?

errr, who do you think I'm gonna say? :lol:

Will may not be 'on top' in sales terms, but he's definitely 'on top' in quality terms...

• Members

I'm through with this topic there's no right or wrong here you guys definately aren't right.And who's to say if em isn't in the game it would be better how the hell do you know you a friggin' profit.Em revived doctor dre's career.93% of rap now is gimmick rap don't act like em is the only one.Em has something that people on this board can't see because they don't know jack sh*t who he really is.Em and D12 all grew up in the same neighborhood he told them when he get's into the game he would put them on too and he did he didn't leave the people behind that were there for him.He's a great father who loves his daughter very much he's really a cool person and you a**holes on here don't know anything about em.He matured and tried to take a more serious stand on encore and the gimmick lovers and jerks like you guys couldn't handle it so it didn't sell as well as his other multi-platinum cd's.You guys are acting like I ain't got no love for will like I said I love more than anybody if Will passed right now I would lock myself in my room and ball waterfalling my pillow's and all that.I love em just the same and I don't care what you people think about him.And brainwashed get the hell out of here I ain't no dumb honkey who hangs on his every word.I just know what to believe I know what's real and I know what rap is brainwashed nothing I know what the hell I like so in the immortal words of Redman, "wat eva man"

The Slim Shady LP = Hip-Hop

The Eminem Show, Encore = Trash

Different albums by different artists. That's real. Eminem sold out and he's not currently repping Hip-Hop culture...just a bunch of middle America white teenagers.

• Members

The Slim Shady LP = Hip-Hop

The Eminem Show, Encore = Trash

Different albums by different artists. That's real. Eminem sold out and he's not currently repping Hip-Hop culture...just a bunch of middle America white teenagers.

What the hell out are talking about he hardly ever repped hip-hop culture cause his hip-hop is different from other people's hip-hop.And what the hell do you stupid people mean he sold out because he changed his material a little bit.So it makes you guys feel better if he's making songs about raping and killing his mother.Killing his wife,shooting dope taking acid.But he sold out cause he made songs like mockingbird,like toy soldiers.I mean got damn he's damn near 33 years old he can't rap about crazy stuff like that.He used Encore to try to set things straight about certain issues and made the music a little more serious and it backfired on him and that makes him a sell out get the hell out of here man.If it ain't broke don't fix it sure.Look at the crap b2r which isn't that bad of an album you give will excuses a it was an experiment album bull it was a whack album.Encore was experiment album.So when em's next album out called the return of the real slim shady.You'll like to hear things like raping his mother,killing his wife,smoking dope eating mushrooms and throw a few positive songs in there you'll like him again what ever :chuks:

I always thought those songs about killing his mother, shooting dope, and disrespecting other celebrities was wack, I did like a few songs in between from those first 2 commercial releases but I never really considered him my favorite, I liked DMX, Ja Rule, and Big Pun better than him at that time but DMX retired, Ja Rule fell off(not as hard as Em though, he hasn't really annoyed me that much, I just don't like him much now), and Big Pun died, Will and LL were and are still my favorites since they're still out, I thought Em had some skills though even though I didn't agree with his subject matter but he was never the best mc even with those 2 releases that're overrated in my opinion just 'cause a white rapper made average albums they gotta pump it up and make it sound like they're the greatest albums ever, but the last 2 albums have nothin' at all that I like but yet they still sold millions he deserves to flop badly and lose his record deal, there's so many white/black/puerto rican/chinese/other races that could express themselves better than he could and deserve a shot, he's actually gotten even more annoying to me, I just don't see him maturing, you gonna call me an a**hole just 'cause I don't like him? I ain't calling you no names, I'm keepin' this the discussion of Eminem falling off, but if you wanna make it personal like PE said "Welcome To The Terrordome", you don't wanna battle me! :chuks: "Born To Reign" might be Will's worst album but at least he didn't make songs about killing people on there, he wasn't really rhymin' much on there but I'll say the "Born To Reign" verse is better than any verse Em has spit since 2001, I'd say "Willow Is A Player" is a better song for a daughter than "Mockingbird" is too, I could say Em's 1st 2 might be one the same level that one at least but he can't f*** with the other solid 8 albums Will's done, let's see 2 average albums and 2 trash albums equal another sell-out rapper, he ain't no different than Nelly, Ja Rule, and Mase who were average when they came out but suck now. Society's f***d up, if a black rapper talked about killin' his mother nobody would buy his albums and yet when Em does it he sells millions? Dr. Dre fell off too, I actually thought "Aftermath" was his last good album, "2001" was half filler and his production is mediocre now! Hey now what does everybody think about the rest of the article I posted? I didn't want this just to be an Eminem bashing thread, I'm tired of talking about his sellout ass, I'm gonna go bump some Slick Rick now, peace!

Edited by bigted

smootb, u just don't get it. His style, subject matter, and sound is totally different from his early 1st commercial album. He used 2 be good, he used smart, he used 2 be witty. U can't deny fact when it's all on wax. U are fighting an un-winnable war. 1st off, cuz Eminen's music sucks now. 2ndly, becuz the majority of people here don't wanna hear u defend him over and over since most of us don't like him. U are gonna define yourself as "that Eminem person"...and the last person who did something similar ended up getting on everyone's nerves and getting banned. So just let it go.

:word: Let's not start a fight over it, this is a JJFP board so you can't expect all of us here to like Eminem just like you can't expect all Eminem fans to like JJFP, personally I could never consider Eminem hip-hop, a hip-hop artist doesn't s*** on other family members just for own benefit, he just happened to be a commercial rapper with skills and wit then but now he's just another wack commercial rapper, hip-hop artists always are creative and consistant with skills and subject matter, they don't just make themselves look ignorant just to sell more records, "The goal is to make forever music."

• Members

:word: Let's not start a fight over it, this is a JJFP board so you can't expect all of us here to like Eminem just like you can't expect all Eminem fans to like JJFP, personally I could never consider Eminem hip-hop, a hip-hop artist doesn't s*** on other family members just for own benefit, he just happened to be a commercial rapper with skills and wit then but now he's just another wack commercial rapper, hip-hop artists always are creative and consistant with skills and subject matter, they don't just make themselves look ignorant just to sell more records, "The goal is to make forever music."

Well I like Em that's all that matters right.I've had this complex forever I can't stand when other people don't like the same things I like.A little childish sure but old habits die hard I think the saying goes.Guess I layed it on a little thick this time.So all peace here like heavy d. said I got nuttin' but love for ya baby.peace I'm ghost.I will leave with my list top ten favorite mc's.1.Will smith2.Eminem3.Master Ace4.Run-dmc5.whodini6.Grandmaster flash and the Furious five7.Canibus8.Brand Nubian9.EPMD10.LL cool J. :kool:

• Members

Yeah, he's a real good father, talking about killing his daughters' mother in one of his songs, real classy.

Yeah I'm pretty sure he let her listen to it also.It doesn't have anything to do with being a good father.How many people hate their baby mama's most of them.Your not obligated to like her he put it in a song some people actually do kill their baby mama's.Rae Carruth the football player and Scott Peterson.Condemn them they actually did it not Eminem he only made a song .It's only a song who gives a crap.Just like Chris Rock said.When your single you wanna kill yourself,when your married you wanna kill your spouse,If you never contemplated murder you ain't been in love and I'm quoting him on that.So, I give you one to grow on-UMC'S. :smartass:

First of all, let's look at who made that statement. Chris Rock. Secondly, let's look at what his profession. Comedian. Put two and two together, and that statement most likely came in a joking context. Secondly, making songs about killing is not exactly the best way to set an example for your child. Whether or not he let her listen to it, I'm sure she has heard about it.

The beef that I have with Eminem is that a lot of his fans are kids and he really doesn't make the type of music that they'd be able to learn anything positive from it, he don't have to be squeaky clean but he should at least put songs together that're more respectful than what he has, I'd rather let a kid listen to 2Pac 'cause all of his songs had messages to them even when he cursed a lot, it's just not healthy for kids to be listening to songs about killing their mother and wife but millions of them do, older heads would know that it's just a song but the youngeons could be mislead, Will said something like this before too in an interview:

"Why is it so important to keep it clean?

To me theirs two issues. Number one rap music like movies is not kept away from children. There's not the ratings system to keep them from certain sections of the store. Rap music, people can act like its not, but rap music is for kids. You know its completely directed at children and impressionable minds and I just think it's dangerous to pump that kind of cavalier misogyny and hatred in young minds. A big part of it is a lot of the artists that are doing it are young too. You know so their people that haven't even really developed their point of view of life and are thrust into a position where their role models and their up on stage and can rile people up to do things and I got kids I don't want em listening to that trash. "