JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

R&B songwriters C. Haggins/I.Barias mention JJFP!

bigted

I can't agree on any of those Eminem comments. The Eminem Show IS a garbage album. Not 2 say there isn't a good lyric here or there, but they are hard 2 find. His flow and delivery is just annoying now and the production waz straight crap. He no longer has anything 2 do with Hip-Hop...just the commerical rap scene. He had a solid Hip-Hop foundation when he broke out, but as he changed his style, he abandoned it...also abandoning his Hip-Hop fanbase...like myself. I used 2 love him, now i hate him.

Yeah I was forgetting about production, as much as I don't like his rap skills, his production skills puts the nail on the casket for him to me, he ruined 2Pac's last album, a lot of 2Pac's hardcore fans were angry about that! :damnlorettas: Em is irrelevant in the hip-hop circle these days, he has a bunch of sell-out fans that watch MTV all day, I like a lot of underground stuff now, I really can't stand the commercial rap scene, only a few like Will Smith, Common, and LL Cool J I truely respect, I think Kanye West is ok, everybody else is disposable, if you heard Public Enemy's albums and then listen to Eminem's "Mosh", you'll see that they're quite more powerful in displaying a message than Em is, they got a lot better production too I'd say, "Mosh" could put you to sleep, I know what seperates Eminem from a lot of mcs, he's the most annoying now, he even makes Ja Rule sound enjoyable, I'd rather buy an album from him before I buy an Eminem album.

Edited by bigted

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, i don't think he's very happy with his fame and success...or the people he surrounds himself with. He and 50 might work 2gether...but i don't think they are genuine friends. When i see his interviews, he just seems very unhappy. It waz kinda like watching 2Pac during the Deathrow era, u can just tell he's not happy with what's he's doing.

Well if Em feels tired of his fame he should just simply retire and do other things to enjoy his life, why hang on when your heart ain't in it? I could have sympathy for him as a person but as an artist I have no sympathy for him whatsoever to go out to buy his albums 'cause he's one of the rappers that has ruined the rap game when he makes music with no substance, I think 2Pac had personal issues too but he always remained a great artist.

• Members

I'm sorry but you people are bias to Will Smith.I mean damn I love will but I live in reality.You know if em didn't say what he said about will eminem would not catch the flack he's gettting on this board.I'm not trying to start beef I give credit where credit is due that's all I'm saying.To say em isn't one of the greatest is plain wrong.You wanna talk about about battles.Em has won battles in the trenches of detroit against black cats playing the racial field you know like look at this vanilla ice cat.He had to win battles being careful of how he attacked black mc's.If you look at the great battles in the eighties kool moe dee vs. busy bee.Kool moe dee vs.ll cool j.Boogie down vs. juice crew.They were creative in the way they battled and were smart and it was never personal and always on wax.Look at the battles now they have no creativity it's who can throw the lowest blow.If it's jay-z I f'd your girl or if it's tupac I f'd your wife or ja rule calling em's daughter a crack-whore.That what makes em a real battler he had to be creative in how he attacked mc's that's how battles are supposed to be.I love will I have every album I can rap every song word for word from Rock the house to most of lost and found.but I love em to and I can say that same thing about him in regards to his music.And Will get's his sales just like em does.There's not enough black people out there who like rap to balloon these album sales.Will needs the white audience and overseas audience just as much as em does.To say he only appeals to white people dosn't make him any less of an mc than anyone cause they need the white audience too.Nuttin' but love for you baby

I agree that 2Pac stayed more consitant...but it still effected his music. Just look at his lifestyle and problems in the last 9 months of his life, while on Deathrow. All Eyez On Me is a huge album, but i could lyrically never touch Me Against The World. Why his art waz still ill...still quality, it isn't on the level of past stuff. Eminem's new stuff isn't even quality.

this board is not biased at towards Eminem in my opinion. i don't even consider what Em said as a real diss. we represent real hip-hop here at JJFP.com and if u go to any other real hiphop boards like sohh or allhiphop, Eminem gets just as much flack there as he does here. i think Em's dissing Will opened our eyes up to how bad Em sucks but we would've heard his crappy music anyways eventually. like i said, go to any real hiphop board and u'll see the same opinions as over here, no bias.

You made a lot of great points in there smooth b about battlin', yes today's mcs are lacking in battles and that includes Eminem at least now, his creativity is gone now, stop living off the past like I said earlier Em is washed up now so him winning a battle in 1998 does him no good now, Vanilla Ice won battles in the 80s but what good does it do him now? What's so creative sayin' "f*** you" and calling people fags most of the time anyway? 10 year olds could be more original than that. That's being biased, that'd be like Will slacking off for the last 15 years and we say "oh he was a great battle rapper in 1988 so that makes him dope now", I could see if Em was retired now and never made "Eminem Show" and "Encore" you could consider him a rapper with skills but he's hit rock bottom, Ja Rule was right though when he dissed Em's mama it's not like it's not true, lol, as long as you come in the battle with facts it's all good, you're supposed to bring truth in a battle, it wasn't a stetch to say that, Em calls his mama a crack whore too so he shouldn't expect anyone else to be nice to his mama, lol, Jay-Z' punchlines against Nas were average but he makes quite a few good songs though, I think Nas is the best battle rapper in recent years, his punchlines are witty, the best battle rappers from all-time are from the ol' school era but most of them aren't in the game now except for FP, LL, KRS, De La Soul, Beastie Boys, and Public Enemy, who are the most consistant, but a lot of the other ol' school mcs that faded away never embarassed themselves the way Em has and made better albums than Em's 1st two and they originated the way mcs rhyme today so they deserve most credit, there are a lot of dope underground cats that've been in the game longer than Em and deserve more recognition in the media but they got a lot of street cred, I wouldn't consider 2Pac was a good battle rapper either "Hit 'Em Up" is like his most annoying song, he lied about sleepin' with Faith so he had no right to say that, but he had other great qualties to make up for his lack of battle skills, he was a great songwriter and rapped with a lot of emotion, I'm not being biased against Em and biased towards Will, he just doesn't interest me that's all, what can I say his songs are trash, I'm just speakin' it how it is, I like a lot of rappers in hip-hop besides Will too, most of Em fans' don't know about KRS and PE the way a lot of JJFP fans do, their knowledge of hip-hop starts and ends with Em, a lot of them just like Em 'cause he's white, if he were black he wouldn't sell so much but it's a big deal when a white rapper has skills 'cause there ain't many, just like it was a big deal when Pun came out 'cause there weren't any puerto rican rappers before, I'd say Pun got more street cred than Em though, black mcs ain't nothin' new, it's like Em's fans don't know anything about ol' school, I think it's a nuff said on my part, peace. Here's what other people on the PE board think about Em:

http://www.publicenemy.com/pb/viewtopic.ph...der=asc&start=0

Edited by bigted

Anyway I said he said that about em's daughter not his mother.I don't know how you could include eminem show in the wash up class it's his best album by far.What's your legitimate beef with eminem show?But it's a friendly discussion were both making decent points kind of like an mc battle.Hope you respect my opinion as much as i respect and appreciate yours.It's all love here baby

• Members
Anyway I said he said that about em's daughter not his mother.I don't know how you could include eminem show in the wash up class it's his best album by far.What's your legitimate beef with eminem show?But it's a friendly discussion were both making decent points kind of like an mc battle.Hope you respect my opinion as much as i respect and appreciate yours.It's all love here baby

• Members

I'm ending my EMINEM rant with this.You can say what ever you want about EM.His place in hip-hop hisory is cemented.Multi-platinum selling records,American music,grammy,mtv awards.Oh yes what Will doesn't have an O-S-C-A-R.Anyone who thinks the eminem show isn't a classic piece of hip-hop is a got damn fool.Yes ok since 2003 he's been on a downside not including eminem show but who stays on top forever.Eminem has dominated in the game so his place in hip-hop history is cemented.I don't give a got damn what the public enemy board or public enemy has to say about Eminem.Ask anyone who is irrelevent if em is one of the greatest they'll say no question.So in the immortal words of my man em"I just don't give a f*ck :smartass:

Do you mean to tell me that you think Eminem is a better actor than Will Smith, that is total bull****. How freakin' hard can it be to play yourself in a movie, it is ludicrous that he won an Oscar for that movie. Look at the roles Will has played, his portrayal of Muhammad Ali was nothing short of amazing. He has done all different genres, comedy, sci-fi, action, romantic comedy, drama, Will is an infinitely better actor than Eminem, period.

I'm ending my EMINEM rant with this.You can say what ever you want about EM.His place in hip-hop hisory is cemented.Multi-platinum selling records,American music,grammy,mtv awards.Oh yes what Will doesn't have an O-S-C-A-R.Anyone who thinks the eminem show isn't a classic piece of hip-hop is a got damn fool.Yes ok since 2003 he's been on a downside not including eminem show but who stays on top forever.Eminem has dominated in the game so his place in hip-hop history is cemented.I don't give a got damn what the public enemy board or public enemy has to say about Eminem.Ask anyone who is irrelevent if em is one of the greatest they'll say no question.So in the immortal words of my man em"I just don't give a f*ck :smartass:

Yeah Em's the start of the recent demise of hip-hop that's what he's famous for, while on the other hand Public Enemy is one of the few artists that're keepin' it alive like they've always have even if MTV ignores them recently but the streets got their back while the streets ignored Eminem since he sold out, hip-hop is not about MTV it's about the streets and even when hip-hop loses popularity as long as it's in the streets it'll continue on, he ain't s*** without MTV, you take away his sales and awards and you'll see he has no talent but Will's a dope artist whether he's selling 13 million or 130,000, even if Will doesn't top the box office he's clearly a legendary actor too and doesn't need an Oscar to solidify that either, he's the greatest entertainer of this generation, Will played himself in "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" but it wasn't like he was rapping in every episode like Em was rapping in half of "8 Mile", what a stretch?! And since Em won an Oscar before Will that proves that the media has no taste for talent, I'll say that song "Lose Yourself" is better than anything on the last 2 Em albums combined but it didn't deserve an Oscar! There was a lot of dope rap soundtrack songs that're better than "Lose Yourself" that deserved to win Oscars, Will has done a lot of great movies too that had nothing to do with rapping that deserved Oscars 'cause he's a great actor and he was nominated against Denzel and Russel Crowe so I think that's worth more merit than Eminem winning an Oscar for a song that got voted on TRL! I'll also say that PE's last 2 albums are better than Em's whole catalog with another dope album coming out on October 4th, Chuck D and Flava Flav could battle 50 and Em today and beat 'em, none of Em's albums come close to the powerful "Fear Of A Black Planet" and "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back", f*** MTV and Eminem, in the words of PE "Don't Believe The Hype"! :stickpoke:

Edited by bigted