JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

R&B songwriters C. Haggins/I.Barias mention JJFP!

bigted

That's one of the reasons why I admire WS. I mean he could have take this real far if he wanted to. But WS is classy. When he did Mr.Niceguy he just said it didn't bother what Em said. Will could have done some personal fouls like other rappers have done. Will mention the man's personal demons and his kid. Like I said Will is classy. And also Will knows the truth about Em whether Em's fans like to admit it or not...Em is a Will Smith fan.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it. It is in the song "We As Americans" he says "Rapper slash actor kiss the crack of my crack slash ass". Like I said though it wasnt named at Will personally and the words around it dosent give any indacation that he was trying to diss Will. Just when I heard it I thought it was directed towards Will.

Anyway, I dont believe that any rapper should take it personally when others take shots at them. Its been going on for years UTFO v Roxanne, Kool Moe D v LL, NWA v Easy E, West Coast v East Coast, now Em v Will. I'm not shocked or surprised by anything said and if you think about it this is the mildest war I've ever heard of.

The fact remains regardless of what they think of one another they are both talented. Will has a body of work that cant be denied and Em is building an Empire(excuse the pun) Gangster rap isnt going anywhere because Rap is based in the streets and most of the hardcore rappers have used this medium to get out of it. IE Pac and Biggie. You can take the man out of the streets but you cant take the streets out of the man. Will needs to start his own label and bring up the positive rappers. My first love will always be Will but Rakim is the best lyricist but Em is at least in the top 6 all time due to his original ideas. He isnt bring the same old crap thats been done a million times and at least he can flow unlike alot of the rappers these days.  :sorry:

Eminem might be one of the 6 worst rappers of all time! :rofl: Will did a song with Lil' Kim too so is she the most talented female rapper? :stickpoke: I think the "Born To Reign" song was directed towards Em 'cause he disses rappers that make meaningless songs. Em's last album is horrible and he repeats himself so much, all he does is the same s*** over and over to piss people off by dissin' people, talkin' about his wife, talkin' about his daughter, his songs are too predictable, why do kids buy this crap? "Encore" might be the most overrated album since Vanilla Ice's "To The Extreme". Will puts different concepts in all of his albums, Eminem is one of the fakest rappers ever, his flow is annoying too, you wanna hear a real flow listen to rappers like Heavy D, Wyclef, and Treach, he's only famous 'cause he has a lot of white kids from TRL listen to him, he don't have no street credability, f*** Eminem. Top 6: Rakim, KRS, Will, LL, Pac, Chuck D, 6 worst: Vanilla Ice, 50 Cent, Mase, Trina, Tony Yayo, Eminem :gettinjiggywitit:

Edited by bigted

Looks like he smart in considering retirement now, before he fulls off the top completely. If your not as good as your last album then you either step up the game or quit completley. I think Em's ideas are worn out and he knows it. He hasn't nothing more to say.

Looks like he smart in considering retirement now, before he fulls off the top completely. If your not as good as your last album then you either step up the game or quit completley.  I think Em's ideas are worn out and he knows it. He hasn't nothing more to say.

:word: Eminem was good when he came out but a lot of wack rappers were good when they came out(I.E. 50 Cent, Mase, etc.) and the thing is like I said yesterday, every rapper that gets a record deal has talent 'cause there's millions that want one but can't get it, so when I say the 6 worst rappers I'm not sayin' that they don't have talent, they just don't have massive talent like the great ones, I'd rank KRS 200/100, Rakim 125/100, Will 100/100, LL 99.9/100, Pac 97/100, Chuck D 96.9/100, Vanilla Ice 5/100, 50 Cent 10/100, Mase 13/100, Trina 13.5/100, Tony Yayo 15/100, Eminem 20/100, Nelly 20.1/100, there's a lot of mcs that don't sell 30 million but'd rip these chart rappers like Eminem, 50 Cent, and Nelly, you throw him in a battle with KRS, Rakim, LL, Hieroglyphics, Masta Ace, Supastition, OC, Skillz, Jean Grae, Melle Mel, Kurtis Blow, MC Shan, MC Hammer, Busta Rhymes, Talib Kweli, Biz Markie, Beastie Boys, De La Soul, Mos Def, Heavy D, Wyclef, Lauryn, Flava Flav, Run-Dmc, Salt-N-Pepa, Slick Rick, Pras, Guru, Diamond D, Treach, Vinnie, Paris, Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, Az, Fat Joe, Common, MC Lyte, Monie Love, Queen Latifah, Redman, Nas, Jay-Z, DMX, and at least 100 more high skilled mcs, if Biggie, Big L, and Pun came back from the dead wit Pac they'd too, even Ja Rule could beat him(your momma's on drugs/your wife's a slut/what's Hailey gonna be when she grows up?) let alone them, he'd get burned and run out of the ring crying shown on MTV so the world would recognise who the real rap gods are! Will Smith and Pac are the only highly talented rappers to sell 30 million with 100% talent, 0% gimmicks and could hang with all of those rappers I mentioned they might even lose some but they'd all be competitive battles, Em is not competitive enough, he's a gimmick, 90% of Eminem's sales are from gimmicks, 10% from talent since he got signed, 50 Cent is 95% gimmicks and 5% talent since he got signed, it's like they kiss butt to sell records, "Lost is when you're a slave to the biz/with no care to what you're saying to kids)

Edited by bigted

What a hypocrite, first Will is an inspiration, and then he criticizes him for not using profanity, that is ridiculous. He was just trying to cause controversy and sell more records.

Well some rappers do all they could do just to sell more albums, even sell out on the people that influenced them, Canibus had no right to say that he'd stick a gun to LL's head either, I don't care if it's a battle, LL is a legend and you don't diss him that way, I could see if he's battlin' Ja Rule 'cause he's around the same age and status that he is, LL paid his dues and influenced rappers for so many years, KRS' the same way, Will's the same way, I wouldn't over my dead body consider saying something to hurt the people that influenced me even if we battle, I'll say a punchline more intelligent than say f*** you and I'm gonna kill you, I don't wanna wish death of my favorite mcs even if my records don't sell. Did y'all ever listen to that speech that KRS made in the UK a couple months ago? It's posted over on the BBC.com site, peep out the quote that KRS made, it's relevant to what Will said in the Playboy interview, does Eminem really go around cursing people out and making fun of people all day? I don't think so, his music doesn't reflect his life so he isn't a great example of hip-hop, hip-hop reflects life, it's not about selling records, it's about being yourself.:

"Most people don't look at their lives like this and that's why they suffer because there's a cause and an effect and the effect to those causes, if you only exist in the effects you're cool as long as everybody else is in the effects, but when the true schooler of hip-hop shows up that is standing in the cause itself you melt down, Nelly! Just to give you a comparison, this is where the strength comes from, sure you could sell 10 million, 20 million records, the people know where your tree begins. This is why it's unfair to those who are commercially successful in hip-hop, so bogus to say they're hip-hop, those who are commercially, it's unfair to them because they don't know true hip-hop, hip-hop is a consciousness, it's not a CD. A CD is an effect of the consciousness, before anything is made you have to think it, you create it, hip-hop is a consciousness, it's a way of being. How do you be hip-hop? You be yourself, some people say: “What is that? Hip-hop is a simple thing man, you rhyme, your lyrics.” Here is the comparison right here: What is hip-hop? The ability to self-actualize, What is hip-hop? The ability to change subjects and objects when describing your consciousness, I'll get back to that. What is hip-hop? Hip-Hop is the true you, what do I mean by that? Now this part I'm going back to is self-empowerment in hip-hop, I'll leave you on this note."

thanx for the article, that was really interesting.

I think what em said in the real slim shady was a diss, it annoyed me and Will said himself it annoyed him too. But it wasnt just that, he did loads of things to mock Will, including recieving an award with a Will mask on and imitating him badly. I guess its true what they say you hurt the one you love. I think em has a case of the madatems. Not jelous of money like most of them but jelous for talent.

thanx for the article, that was really interesting.

I think what em said in the real slim shady was a diss, it annoyed me and Will said himself it annoyed him too. But it wasnt just that, he did loads of things to mock Will, including recieving an award with a Will mask on and imitating him badly. I guess its true what they say you hurt the one you love. I think em has a case of the madatems. Not jelous of money like most of them but jelous for talent.

Well what do you expect from somebody that raps about killing his wife and his mother? He's a sick bastard or at least he potrays himself as that and he needs to see a physciatrist, I mean Will had problems with his ex-wife and probably had disagreements with his parents too but he doesn't threaten to kill the mother of his child or the ones that had him, no matter how bad people might treat you, you have to show some sort of respect for them and not sell them out like that, I wrote songs about girlfriends pissing me off and I might've said some things out of frustration, but I don't think I'd release them out of respect that I used to have love for them and I don't want to put our dirty laundry on the airwaves, I don't want people listening to me to get inspired to kill the person that they're having problems with, you gotta work out your problems for the better, grow up Em, this is life! :therain:

I think that stil wasn`t a diss..Thats just fun!If it would be he also disse his Fans in that Line and i don`t think that was his meaning :lolsign:

C: One day Jazzy Jeff was working on his mixtape and we had Eminem down there. This was before Eminem was Eminem. So, Em was writing this rap for Jeff's mixtape. When he looked up and saw Will walk in, he looked back down at his paper, but his pencil didn't move for a good five minutes. And then Will was like, "Oh you did the 'Bonnie and Clyde' record? Yo dude, you're really talented." And Em actually said, "You know, some of my storywriting concept comes from what you and Jeff did," which was the craziest thing."

that needds to be posted at hip hop forums everywhere! :word:

Yo know Tim, maybe you should make this a part of your news at the site, and have that stolen as well.

Guest Guest_smootb_*

I don't know whats up with all the hate for eminem lighten up.I mean I didn't like what he said about will either but I didn't stop liking eminem because of it.I love eminem you have to give him a little leigh way.He can't rap about the things african-american rappers can rap about.The album The Eminem show shows his versatility that album deserved Five mics and his in my top five.Listen to songs like white america,superman,.And if you question his lyrical ability please I love will but lyrically it's not even close listen to Til I collapse.Eminem may have been immature in the past and I never listened encore but listen to The eminem show he really grew as a rap artist as we say will did too.Just listen to the eminem show it's really good.Will Smith is my favorite rapper that doesn't mean I think he's better than em. :therain:

• Members

I don't know whats up with all the hate for eminem lighten up.I mean I didn't like what he said about will either but I didn't stop liking eminem because of it.I love eminem you have to give him a little leigh way.He can't rap about the things african-american rappers can rap about.The album The Eminem show shows his versatility that album deserved Five mics and his in my top five.Listen to songs like white america,superman,.And if you question his lyrical ability please I love will but lyrically it's not even close listen to Til I collapse.Eminem may have been immature in the past and I never listened encore but listen to The eminem show he really grew as a rap artist as we say will did too.Just listen to the eminem show it's really good.Will Smith is my favorite rapper that doesn't mean I think he's better than em. forgot to log in I'm not unregistered

I'm glad you like Will, but the truth is that he is better. How long has he been in the game? Going on 20 years. Eminem has been here less than half that time, and he is already contemplating retirement. Not only that, his inspiration came from Will for god's sake. He's such a great rapper, he talks about killing his wife. I will give him credit for some songs, like Lose Yourself and I Am, but Will is much more well-rounded. I think that everyone else here would agree with me that Will's lyrical ability measures up quite nicely to Eminem.