JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

late-regist-L and F

ok im sure a few people here have posted about kanyes new album. After listening to, and loving, the new record, I find it similar to wills. and it gives me ideas for will's next album..finally will had sumptin to say on L and F..about himself..kanye rapped about a lotta stuff thats goin on in the world. will, besides 'tell me why' doesnt..which is fine-he still had a message, and he got it across. and it didnt have to do with goin to a club, bein in a club, gettin the club outta control, etc. good for him. now on his next album, I would love to see some deep verses about some real life stuff, poverty and war, and whatever he feels strongly about. i love l and f, and look forward to his next release..kanyes album is reallllly sick tho- give it a listen if you havent already

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost + Found is much more on point that Late Registration. L+F is just 100 times more solid 2 me. I have Kanye's new album and i don't think it's bad at all, but there's just no comparison. FP just brings better lyrics and his flow is simply uncomparable. I don't think the albums are similar at all. Kanye has a clever lyric here and there, but FP's album has clever lyrics line 4 line (literally). And Kanye's flow is never that good.

Will's always talked about issues of his life and the world ever since "Code Red" basically when he started to open up more to personal songs when he was 25 and started having children and getting married so he started doing songs like "Can't Wait To Be With You", "Shadow Dreams", and "There's No Place Like Home", I think "Family Buisiness" sounds similar to "There's No Place Like Home" so you could say Kanye might be a fan of "Code Red" too, the reason why Kanye might put out mature songs now 'cause he's around that age now, he does fun songs in between too, he does remind of Will in some ways but I think Will's better than him 'cause he's more experienced, if he came out 5-8 years ago he'd just be doing club songs probably, before that on the other JJFP albums it was mostly feel good songs and storytellin', there's nothin' wrong with that even Rakim does a lot of that, everyone had their own style back then so it was cool to be a comedy rapper and for somebody else to be a political rapper at the same, each album that Will has done has a different concept to it, Will's miles ahead of Kanye lyrically, Kanye got the edge as a producer though of course unless Will decides to hit the boards. :lolsign: btw, it'd be dope if Will did more autobiographal and political tracks but I don't wanna see him get so serious and turn into KRS, he needs to still be the fun Fresh Prince in between too 'cause that's who he is and he better make sure that Jazzy produces the entire next album so it could sound musically better than any rap album out now. Do you listen to music or skim through it? "Tell Me Why" ain't the only serious song on there. What about "Loretta", "Could U Love Me", and "Ms. Holy Roller"? Remember that his first serious song was "Caught In The Middle" 14 years ago, this ain't nothin' new that Will's doing, he's just maturing with the music:

Caught (in life)

In the middle (in love)

Caught (in life)

In the middle (in love)

Caught (in life)

In the middle (in love)

Caught (in life)

In the middle (in love)

Caught (in life)

In the middle (in love)

Love and life a mysterious combo

Sit back relax cause now its time to go

Back in my past my personal strife for being

Caught in the middle of love and life

Love is a fairytale earthly bond

But life is true but reality chimes

When life brings on love is kind of hard for you to give up

The satisfaction you started for

This is a metaphor sort of a riddle

If your confused chill and I'm sure it'll

Clear up for you in a little bit

Love and life and I'm caught in the middle of it

The middle

Caught

The middle

Who or why your love ain't always right

Especially when you cross the path of life

The wrath of life is hard

Cause your taught to dream on

But when your out in the world realities on

You found somebody to be with

You pour your lovin in and it seems as if

Your pouring your love into a bottomless pit

You love each other but it just ain't workin

Your not meant to be together it seems like

Well just think maybe its things like

She work 9 to 5 you work 5 to 9

Never together two separate lives

Love versus life see what I mean

You like the movies she like the club scene

Nobody's wrong and nobody's right

Just caught in the middle of love and life

Caught (in life)

In the middle (in love)

Caught (in life)

In the middle (in love)

Caught (in life)

In the middle (in love)

Caught (in life)

In the middle (in love)

Caught (in life)

In the middle (in love)

Everybody wants to capture the rapture

Love and live happily ever after

Walking around barefoot sniffing daisies

Laying around all day long making babies

Go to france to dancin eatin in sweden

Gambling in rio

Winning cause your cheating

These are situations you can have some fun in

But open your eyes and real life comes running in

Dreaming again a plateau to come down off

Back to the world and see your love life sounds off

Start the day right call your girlfriend

But love and life start at it again

She says baby I need to see you

You say babe I got work to tend to

Love tells you to go be with her

But life says boy get your butt to work

Think of love and life as a rock and a hard place

Exhilarating like a high speed car chase

Heart ache heart break cuts like a knife

Caught in the middle of love and life

Caught (in life)

In the middle (in love)

Caught (in life)

In the middle (in love)

Caught (in life)

In the middle (in love)

Caught (in life)

In the middle (in love)

Caught (in life)

(in love)

Caught (in life)

(in love)

caught

in the middle

caught

in the middle

Edited by bigted

If you wanna compare somebody's album to Will's, you should listen to Casual's "Smash Rockwell" 'cause that's a great balance album of serious and fun rap songs, he's closer to Will to when it comes to flow and rhyme structure, he could rip Kanye off the mic, "Single Mother"'s such a deep song!

I don't get the idea of always comparing artists, and someone is either the worst on earth or the best.

I see also similaritys in the albums. But saying Lost and found is more solid is pretty biased. I love em both. But I can honestly say Late Reg. is more solid. Some songs on lost and found are bad. There isn't any bad songs on Late Reg. Beats is better on Late Reg. But in the same time, Will has some songs that strikes higher than the best on kanyes album. I'd rate tell me why as better than any song on Late Reg. But I'd rate Golddiger 2,3x better than switch or if u can't dance.

K's flow on some songs is really good. His lyrics is not stable, but on highs high points, he hits better than Will. He dares to say more about things than Will. His last verse on Gone, the second on Hey Mama or the first on roses are better than almost every lyric on lost and found expect for tell me why.

But hey, We all got our on taste.

Kanye West album and WS album are completely 2 differents styles. Yeah Kanye may rap a lot more on political topics and others. But WS in LnF talk about his view on the rap game. WS album was really a bit more personal. Like trax like LnF, Mr.NiceGuy, Could U Love Me, Tell Me Why, I Wish I Made That and others. But it gave you an insight on how WS feels about things. I like some the things Kanye talks about in his album. Yeah I can see why somebody would compare them. Cos they both talk on serious issuses and then do a couple of party/fun trax. I agree with BigTed on WS doing a new album wit Jazzy. I would love 2 hear WS thoughts about the government. But of course if WS does a new album we are probably gonna hear that cos hey remember they compare it 2 Em's style. I can see the review now "WS new album is a spitting image of Kanye's style." But really you can't compare these 2 artists cos they are both doing their own thing.

Frenetic,

For you to say Kanye's album is so much better, too, is quite biased. I will agree that the beats are better on Late Registration, but for someone who gets so much hype for their producing, it was not that impressive. Kanye does have some lame rhymes as well, and his flow is nowhere close to Will's. Furthermore, I don't see Kanye daring to come out and make 2 whole songs criticizing the poor state of the hip-hop game right now (Lost and Found, I Wish I Made That). That seems pretty daring to me.

Edited by powersrya

Yeah, I'm not saying I don't like Kanye, I do, but I think Lost and Found is better than Late Registration. And Never Let Me Down was on Kanye's last album, not Late Registration.

To say Kanye's better than Will is biased too, "Golddigger" is more corny than "Switch", Will's rhyme structure and flow is way more advanced than Kanye's too 'cause he's a lot more experienced, I'd say Will at 20 years old is better than Kanye now too, Will's been rapping for 20 years, Kanye's been only been rapping for what, 5 years at the most? How could you compare somebody with 9 albums to somebody with 2 albums, that's an insult, you could compare Will to Casual more realistically 'cause he's been rapping for 12 years but the only one you could realistically compare Will to is LL Cool J, you want an album similar to "Lost and Found", check out "The G.O.A.T.", that's one of the most versatile rap albums ever that tackles many different topics, LL question to state of the rap game on "Back On Where I Belong", he didn't have all the top producers on there either like his recent ones but the rhyme structure and flow is much better.

Edited by bigted

How can you lot say kanye doesn't have flow

Kid has flow no doubt about it, He's taking over where "young hov left off", (Frentic geuss the song) K's "Hey Mama" and "Roses" are the deepest songs i've ever heard. Listen to the words he says it and the way he says it.

"Hey Mama i knew i act a fool. But i promise you i'm going back to school"

"I Know It's Past Visiting Hours. Put Can I Please Give Her These Flowers?" - Great start