JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NEW WILL ARTICLE!

Guest Guest

Bad Boys; Independence Day; Enemy d'État; Men in Black; Ali; I, Robot... Juscqu'ici, la filmo de Will Smith éait plutôt gonflée aux hormones mâles. Son petit dernier, Hitch -Expert en séduction, grouille de chromosomes X. Will y interprète Alex Hitchens, dit -Hitch-, consultant en amour persuadé que chaque homme est capable de séduire n'importante quelle femme à condition de s'y prendre correctement. C'est là qu'il intervient, customisant vos trois premiers rendez-vous pour un succès garanti. Avec 45 millions de dollars en caisse après seulement trois jours d'exploitation aux États-Unis, cette comédie savamment ancrée dans l'air du temps confirme une nouvelle fois l'immense popularité de Smith, acteur-tirelire à qui rien ne semble résister. Après tout, -Will-, en anglais, ça veut dire volunté.

Alors, ça fait quoi de jouer enfin un être humain?

C'est étrange, hein? Un film sans robuts, sans effets spéciaux, je ne cours pas, je ne saute pas, je ne tire sur personne...

Mais ça me fait drôle de dire que Hitch est -différent- car ce film est vachement plus proche de moi que les autres. Je ne me suis jamais senti aussi à l'aise. Ce type de comédie me ressemble. Si tu veux, Hitch est réellement ce que je suis, alors que Mike Lowrey, mon personnage de Bad Boys, est celui que j'aimerais être. En résumé, j'ai un coeur de séducteur et une âme de guerrier. [Rire.]

Justement, un premier rôle de séducteur, c'est séduisant?

Hitch, c'est moi. À la maison, avec mes amis, ma famille. Je suis le mec qui conçoit et conseille. Je fais des suggestions à mes copains qui sont en couple, j'organise les anniversaires... Et ça fait dix ans que j'étudie sérieusement les relations hommes-femmes. Le déclic est venu de mon divorce, de mon envie de ne plus jamais avoir à revivre une telle situation. J'ai compris qu'on ne peut pas se contenter de vivre une relation, on doit y travailler, être attentif. On ne s'improvise pas docteur ou footballeur, ça s'apprend. Mais avec ce qu'il y a de plus important dans la vie - l'amour -, on ne s'en donne pas la peine. On passe plus de soixante heures par semaine à se consacrer à son boulot. Combien à cultiver son couple?

On dirait que la séduction te parle définitivement plus que l'action.

Je n'ai jamais eu autant d'échanges avec une femme dans un film. Comme je suis quelqu'un de très romantique, ça me convient parfaitement. J'ai regardé pas mal de comédies avec Cary Grant. Pour moi, il incarne le mieux ce conflit qui existe en chaque homme: savoir se montrer romantique, sexy, sans sacrfier sa masculinité. C'est un équilibre que je voulais atteindre dans Hitch.

Pour qu'un film comme celui-ci fonctionne, j'imagine qu'il faut se laisser séduire un minimum par sa partenaire féminine. Ce qui peut vite devenir ambigu...

Le vrai danger est de ne pas être conscient de cette ambiguïté potentielle. tre acteur consiste à s'hypnotiser au point de croire que ce que vous jouez est la réalité. Il m'est arrivé de me perdre dans un personnage, de ne plus trouver le bouton pour l'éteindre. C'était sur Six Degrés de séparation (Fred Schepisi, 93 - son premier rôle -sérieux-, celui d'un jeune gay mythomane qui va bouleverser la vie d'un riche couple au cours d'une soirée.) Effrayant. Je fais très attention depuis à quitter le personnage en même temps que le plateau. Mais, oui, je comprends facilement qu'une romance à l'écran puisse en devenir une dans la vie. Je suis parfaitement conscient des risques du métier. [Rire.]

The rest of this article will be posted soon.

I could help out too, I took some French in high school, I'm gonna look it over and see what I could do!

I translated the first paragraph:

Bad Boys; Independence Day; Enemy Of The State; Men in Black; Ali; I, Robot... Juscqu' here, the films of Will Smith has beem inflated with the male hormones. Its small last, Hitch - Expert in seduction, groups of X chromosomes.. Will plays Alex Hitchens there, known as - Hitch -, consulting in persuaded love that each man is able to allure significant which woman with the proviso of being caught there correctly. It is there that it intervenes, customising your first goal for a guaranteed success. With 45 million dollars in case after only three days of release in the United States, this comedy learnedly anchored in the air of time confirms once again the immense popularity of Smith, actor-moneybox which nothing seems to resist. After all, - Will -, in English, that wants to say volunté.

I translated the first paragraph:

Bad Boys; Independence Day; Enemy Of The State; Men in Black; Ali; I, Robot... Juscqu' here, the films of Will Smith has beem inflated with the male hormones.  Its small last, Hitch - Expert in seduction, groups of X chromosomes..  Will plays Alex Hitchens there, known as - Hitch -, consulting in persuaded love that each man is able to allure significant which woman with the proviso of being caught there correctly. It is there that it intervenes, customising your first goal for a guaranteed success.  With 45 million dollars in case after only three days of release in the United States, this comedy learnedly anchored in the air of time confirms once again the immense popularity of Smith, actor-moneybox which nothing seems to resist.  After all, - Will -, in English, that wants to say volunté.

Hey, you understand very well french!! Good job!!!

That's how I had translated the first paragraph:

"Bad boys", "Independence day", "Ennemy of the state", "Men in black", "Ali", "I, Robot"... Until now, the filmography of Will Smith was rather full of male hormones. His little last one, "Hitch, expert in seduction", swarms with X chromosomes. In this movie, Will plays Alex Hitchens, called "Hitch", a consultant in love who is sure that every man is able to seduce any woman, provided that he acts correctly. That's when he intervenes, customizing your three first rendez-vous for a guaranteed success. With 45 millions of $ in the cash box after only 3 days of exploitation in the US, this comedy cleverly fixed in the air of time confirms once again the huge popularity of Smith, "actor-coin bank" to who nothing seems to resist. After all, "Will", in english, that means volonté. (yeah it's "volonté, not "volunté"...)

...but of course your translation is way better!!!

The rest of my translation is here:

-So what does that do playing finally a human being?

-It's strange, isn't it? A movie without robots, without special effects, I don't run, I don't jump, I don't fire at anybody...

But it gives me an odd feeling to say that "Hitch" is "different" because this movie is damned more close to me than the others. I never felt so at ease. This kind of comedy resembles me. If you want, Hitch is really who I am when Mike Lowrey, my character in bad boys, is the one I would like to be. To sum up, I have a heart of seducer and a soul of warrior. [laughs]

-Precisely, a first role of seducer, it's seducing?

-Hitch, it's me. At home, with my friends, my family. I'm the guy who conceives and advises. I make suggestions to my friends who are in couple, I organize the anniversaries... And since 10 years I study seriously the relationships men-women. The starting point came from my divorce, from my desire of not having to live again such a situation. I've understood that one can't be satisfied with just living a relationship, one has to work on it, to be attentive. One can't be a doctor or a footballer by improvising, one has to learn how to do it. But with what is the most important in life, love, one doesn't take trouble to do it. One spends more than 60 hours a week to work. How many time to cultivate one's couple?

-It seems like seduction interests you definitively more than action.

-I have never had so much conversations with a woman in a movie. Since I am very romantic, it's good. I watched a fair amount of comedies with Cary Grant. In my opinion, he's the one who embodies the best this conflict that exists inside every man : to know how to be romantic, sexy, without sacrifying his virility. It's a balance that I wanted to reach in Hitch.

-I imagine that you have to let you seduce a minimum by your feminine partner so that a movie like this works out. Which can become ambiguous...

-The real danger is not being conscious of that potential ambiguity. Being an actor consists of hypnotizing oneself so much so that you think what you're playing is the reality. Once, I lost myself in a character, I didn't find anymore the button for switching it off. It was in "Six degrees of separation"( Fred Schepisi, 93 -his first role- serious- , the one of a young gay compulsive liar who will upset the life of a rich couple during a party). Scaring. Since that, I'm very careful to leave the character at the same time than the set. But, yes, I easily understand that a love story in a movie could become one in real life. I'm fully aware of the occupational hazards. [laughs]

If someone wants to correct it, don't hesitate!! I'm aware of my deficiencys in english!