JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Common.. a racist?

Hero1

My perosnal opinion is that rasicm is still very rife in todays culture, its just a lot more subdued as people don't want to be seen as racist. A lot of girls I've dated within the past 3-4 years couldn't have told their parents for the pure fact that I am Black! That is just beyond me! making a judgement of me before you've even said 'Hello'!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well im callin rastafarians who believe black people with dreadlocks shouldnt date white women racists...

well that is the problem of American culture.. everything is black and white.. guess its not like that round the world..

Then, you're calling ALL Rastafarians racist.

It's WORSE in Australia! :stickpoke:

• Admin

just recently my cousin was dating a girl who was white.. and everytime he went to pick her up the landlord at her apartment would make racist comments and give him a hard time..because of the color of his skin.. this is in london.. anyway he ended up taking her to court and sueing her..and won :word: I think thats terrible girls cant tell their parents brakes.. its ridiculous :worried:

well im callin rastafarians who believe black people with dreadlocks shouldnt date white women racists...

well that is the problem of American culture.. everything is black and white.. guess its not like that round the world..

Then, you're calling ALL Rastafarians racist.

2 entries found for racist.

rac·ism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rszm)

n.

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Sounds like being racist to me.

is Common a rastafarian himself? why is he pointing this out anyway?  :shrug:

I don't know if he is, but maybe he's pointing it out because it's true? I never understood why people would take something from a religion and simply adapt it because they think it looks cool. Suppose people started wearing yarmulkes for the fun of it, or priest's collars or nun's headdresses. Hey, how about we all run out and get the latest in Klan robes. :shake:

• Admin

Australia's pretty racist yeah.. in melbourne where I am.. its full of all kinds of people.. australian, philipino, asian, india, italian, croatian, we got the largest greek population outside of greece..one of the largest sri lankan populations.. etc etc thats the kind of australia i like..

I agree with Rising Son!  :word:

I have to agree.

I don't know if Common is racist, but I think that his ideology is totally off.

Perhaps it's not his ideology, but he just respects the culture of others. Do you use the phrase "peace"? Did you know that phrase originated with Black Muslims and 5 Percenters? When I was a teen here in Brooklyn, if you used that phrase but couldn't break down your mathematics (5 Percent Ideology) you were liable to catch an ass whoopin.

• Admin

is Common a rastafarian himself? why is he pointing this out anyway?  :shrug:

I don't know if he is, but maybe he's pointing it out because it's true? I never understood why people would take something from a religion and simply adapt it because they think it looks cool. Suppose people started wearing yarmulkes for the fun of it, or priest's collars or nun's headdresses. Hey, how about we all run out and get the latest in Klan robes. :shake:

yeah well i'll bow down to you on the rastafarian knowledge.. I'm not sure why people do that either...

Australia's pretty racist yeah.. in melbourne where I am.. its full of all kinds of people.. australian, philipino, asian, india, italian, croatian, we got the largest greek population outside of greece..one of the largest sri lankan populations.. etc etc thats the kind of australia i like..

Well then if I get money up one day I might move there if there's no racism and we'll hang out! :thumbsup: Is it just me or did this forum turn into CNN? :word: It's all good 'cause I like intelligent convos.

• Admin

Well then if I get money up one day I might move there if there's no racism and we'll hang out!  :thumbsup: Is it just me or did this forum turn into CNN?  :word: It's all good 'cause I like intelligent convos.

the JJFP forum is the black CNN.. no wait thats not right :lolsign: naa thats just describin 1 section of the cumminity ted..then u got the racists yobo's who still roam these parts :lolsign: