Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

best battle?

badboy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either L.L. Cool J vs. Kool Moe Dee or L.L. Cool J vs. Canibus

KRS-One vs. M.C. Shan is also noticable. The Roxanne battle...ha ha.

I hope nobody says that 2Pac vs. Biggie one tho'...that waz just awful.

Hey Common and Nas had beef? Jay-Z and Nas had a great battle a couple years ago. Nas proved that he could hold his own when Jay-Z was getting all the hype at that time.

I don't know about the new battles like the Nas vs. Jay-Z one. I think new skool battles are just weak. They often end up just being trax filled with pointless cussing and below the belt shots at the other person.

Old skool battles relied more on lyrics and skill. I think the L.L. Cool J vs. Canibus battle waz the closest thing 2 a real battle in recent years.

• Admin
i loved canibus 2nd round knockout..i think he totally got LL cool J on that 1.. commons "bitch in yoo" diss to dre? i think was a great track.. and ya'll prob havent heard it but the hieroglyphics vs hobo junction battle was a classic.. its these 2 crews freestylin going at each other for about an hour on stretch n bobbitto abt 95.. u can get it off soulseek

I think L.L. ripped both Canibus and Wyclef. Canibus' "2nd Round K.O." waz okay but i didn't think it waz that great...and having Mike Tyson on the track waz just corny. And Wyclef's "What's Clef Got To Do With It" waz just wack (and i'm a Wyclef fan). Not 2 mention the pointless cameo by Niomie Camplle (sp?). 2 me, "The Ripper Strikes Back" waz much iller, and on the underground tip, "Rasta Impasta" waz gutter but still better than "What's Clef..." I'm just glad that L.L. and Wyclef are still cool cuz i respect both of them...never cared for Canibus much.

For me Canibus easily beat LL!! 2nd round knockout was soooo good! Canibus was coming up wid loads of personals and attacks and i think generally was a better diss track. Ripper strikes back was just ALL responses to canibus' disses!! no original stuff, no personals, no nothing!! the only line which i think was credible and well flipped was:

[b]"Ask Canibus, he ain't understanding this/
Coz 99% of his fans-don't exist!/"[/b]

That was classic!!

[quote=Hero1,Jun 26 2004, 02:10 AM]commons "bitch in yoo" diss to dre? i think was a great track..[/quote]
Actually Common's "B*&^%$ In Yoo" was a diss track to Ice Cube... and a good one at that.

I think LL Cool J vs. Kool Moe Dee was the best battle. They kept that up for years. I still think Kool Moe Dee won with "Let's Go" when he had that verse where he said what LL stood for. Classic battle. Edited by TopDawg14

• Admin
speakin of battles..shaq did a diss track to skillz..ghostwriter extroadinaire who has also written stuff for will..you can listen to his response track here

[url="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/djrerokmusic.htm"]http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/djrerokmusic.htm[/url]

Skillz ft Ben Wallace-The Champ is Here(Shaq Diss)

funny stuff :kekeke:

[quote=Da Brakes,Jun 26 2004, 08:39 AM]For me Canibus easily beat LL!! 2nd round knockout was soooo good! Canibus was coming up wid loads of personals and attacks and i think generally was a better diss track. Ripper strikes back was just ALL responses to canibus' disses!! no original stuff, no personals, no nothing!! the only line which i think was credible and well flipped was:

[b]"Ask Canibus, he ain't understanding this/
Coz 99% of his fans-don't exist!/"[/b]

That was classic!![/quote]
Canibus ripped LL? Where's Canibus now then if he did rip LL? I don't hear anyone say Canibus is a legend, they still say LL is a legend. If Canibus ripped LL so bad he would be getting more cred than what he has and he doesn't know how to make rap music 'cause what hot album did Canibus make? LL didn't have anything to prove to Canibus just like we say Will Smith doesn't have anything to prove to Eminem 'cause when you're a new rapper you can't just overtake a veteran that has been in the game for 15 years. That'd be like sayin' that Lebron James would beat Michael Jordan in one-on-one, it ain't happenin'. :werd: