Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

why isnt radio playing party starter?

Hero1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a big factor in getting on to radio is just catchyness, PS is not as catchy as Switch and so I doubt it will do top 10, more a top 20 single...wills top 4 most successful have been 1. Gettign jiggy with it 1. Switch(Yay), 3 Just the two of us and 4 Miami...(i've done my research lol)..

now..PS it's a better song, has much more relevant lyrics, but how will the market that's dominated by under 14's understand this..

the video though is what potentially can bring it up to switch's level, but i doubt it, i mean the “Looking for the one to be with me” video for instance is probably my favourite will video, but where did it end up in the charts?..

anyway it deserves to be better then switch, but dont get your hopes up too much..

I heard PS on the radio a couple times when it first came out, but now it seems like they don't play it anymore. At my local station, their site has a thing that tells the last 10 songs they played, and I haven't seen PS on that list. I don't think it's gonna be a big single.

Edited by FuNkY.FrEsH.ChIcK

Interscope is ****ing dumb. People are losing interest because of the ****ing delay in singles. also without the video out, its messing everything up.

The video/song should've been released together in late June/early July.

Now its just ****ing pathetic and there clearly is no excuse. Look at it this way, Luda's had his album out since late '04, Eminem same thing and those albums still doing good.

I dont get it.

Will's too dope of an mc to get airplay, he needs to dumb down more to get more airplay so I don't care as long as I like it, I don't wanna see him dumb down! :stickpoke:

MATTA FACT ITS PLAYING RIGHT NOW on another station!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHA

ATL showing Will madd LOVE!!! must be the city yall in.. lol. :thumbsup: but ATL cant seem 2 get enough of Switch... :word:

edit. oops. that was Switch. LOL... i must be tireddddddddddddd.....

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

That's kind of shocking to see ATL give Will that much love. I haven't heard PS on radio yet here in Chicago but that's not surprising.

To answer Tim's question, it has to do with what it always has to do with - bottom line. It's all about ratings, ratings, ratings. You play who the program director tells you to play and the p.d. gets his cue from the record labels. As I've said before hip-hop is dead and the industry killed it. Everything's watered-down and dumb. Party Starter is too smart for radio. There's no mention of ice, Bentlys, or half-naked chicks.

• Admin

To answer Tim's question, it has to do with what it always has to do with - bottom line.  It's all about ratings, ratings, ratings.  You play who the program director tells you to play and the p.d. gets his cue from the record labels.  As I've said before hip-hop is dead and the industry killed it.  Everything's watered-down and dumb.  Party Starter is too smart for radio.  There's no mention of ice, Bentlys, or half-naked chicks.

Yeah i'm starting to think party starter is a little too above the level of radio.. if any emcee has something to say they dont wont folks to hear it...

Maybe ATL is showin' more love to "Party Starter" 'cause Luda produced it too! I think Luda's album is aight but nothin' spectacular and Eminem's album is trash so I don't think to use them as reference in comparing "Lost and Found" sales is irrelevant, this album is not that marketable 'cause it's miles ahead of the rap industry for the average commercial rap fan to be interested, this ain't as commercial friendly as "Big Willie Style".