JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kanye West causes controversy on NBC

Frenetic

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't be fair to me?  Who's making assumptions now.  Irregardless is a word just as much as nucular is.  Bring it on kid!  I was correcting my college professors 7 years before you were born!

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Maybe you should go back to school...

Nucular

Irregardless

Nice try though.

It was a joke, and of course I was using a phonetic spelling of the word 'nuclear', as made popular by a certain chief executive that we all know. It wasn't meant to be taken literally, just to express that they are BOTH words that are only in use due to their popularity, not to their correctness. To use either makes you look poorly educated (or presidential)...or better yet... edumacated! :smart:

If the best you can do in fishing for a retort is to pick on my joke, when it was YOU who ADMITTED using a word that was unacceptable in educated circles, all while you were trying to look soooooo smart, I suggest you just pack up your books and go home. Better yet, go call your daddy. I'm sure he and I could swap some stories about raising some smartass kids who THINK they're grown! :gettinjiggywitit:

Edited by Cozmo D

In this thread, I haven't agreed with much of what MaxFly's said.  But I gotta give him credit, he's hanging tough on his arguments against a bunch of people. :mrt2:

Just being persistent in an argument doesn't make you correct. :)

No, no, no, he's absolutely wrong, but he get's some credit anyways. :)

In this thread, I haven't agreed with much of what MaxFly's said.  But I gotta give him credit, he's hanging tough on his arguments against a bunch of people. :mrt2:

Just being persistent in an argument doesn't make you correct. :)

No, no, no, he's absolutely wrong, but he get's some credit anyways. :)

Yeah, trudat. He must be a Babylonian, 'cause he's got the babblin' on part down to a science! :lol:

It was a joke, and of course I was using a phonetic spelling of the word 'nuclear', as made popular by a certain chief executive that we all know.  It wasn't meant to be taken literally, just to express that they are BOTH words that are only in use due to their popularity, not to their correctness.  To use either makes you look poorly educated (or presidential)...or better yet... edumacated! :smart:

If the best you can do in fishing for a retort is to pick on my joke, when it was YOU who ADMITTED using a word that was unacceptable in educated circles, all while you were trying to look soooooo smart, I suggest you just pack up your books and go home.  Better yet, go call your daddy.  I'm sure he and I could swap some stories about raising some smartass kids who THINK their grown! :gettinjiggywitit:

Still excited huh... why don't we try to keep your blood pressure down...

You used the word "nucular" in comparison to the word I used, "irrespective."

The problem with this is that "nucular" is not a word in writing, nor is it a word in pronunciation. You won't find it in the dictionary under "nucular" nor will you find it as an alternative phonetic pronunciation of the word "nuclear."

However you will find "irrespective" in most dictionaries.

And of course, as I've already explained, I know how to use the word, and employed it just fine in the context it is used. But... but I do admit that I failed to put it in bold as I regularly would. You guys know how fond I've grown of doing that... a little extra emphasis in case it wasn't properly conveyed by the "ir."

Did you have other people do your homework for you when you were in college too? You know, you could have looked this up yourself... It would have saved you a little embarrassment... :therain:

It was a joke, and of course I was using a phonetic spelling of the word 'nuclear', as made popular by a certain chief executive that we all know.  It wasn't meant to be taken literally, just to express that they are BOTH words that are only in use due to their popularity, not to their correctness.  To use either makes you look poorly educated (or presidential)...or better yet... edumacated! :smart:

If the best you can do in fishing for a retort is to pick on my joke, when it was YOU who ADMITTED using a word that was unacceptable in educated circles, all while you were trying to look soooooo smart, I suggest you just pack up your books and go home.  Better yet, go call your daddy.  I'm sure he and I could swap some stories about raising some smartass kids who THINK their grown! :gettinjiggywitit:

Still excited huh... why don't we try to keep your blood pressure down...

You used the word "nucular" in comparison to the word I used, "irrespective."

The problem with this is that "nucular" is not a word in writing, nor is it a word in pronunciation. You won't find it in the dictionary under "nucular" nor will you find it as an alternative phonetic pronunciation of the word "nuclear."

However you will find "irrespective" in most dictionaries.

And of course, as I've already explained, I know how to use the word, and employed it just fine in the context it is used. But... but I do admit that I failed to put it in bold as I regularly would. You guys know how fond I've grown of doing that... a little extra emphasis in case it wasn't properly conveyed by the "ir."

Did you have other people do your homework for you when you were in college too? You know, you could have looked this up yourself... It would have saved you a little embarrassment... :therain:

Embarrassed? Please! By a kid playing on the internet? None of this means anything to me. I stopped caring when I realized I was trying to engage in a serious conversation about race with a 21 year old! Now, put your daddy on the computer and run along and do your chores! There's a fine young man! :thumbsup: :lolsign: :rofl:

Embarrassed? Please! By a kid playing on the internet? None of this means anything to me. I stopped caring when I realized I was trying to engage in a serious conversation about race with a 21 year old! Now, put your daddy on the computer and run along and do your chores! There's a fine young man! :thumbsup: :lolsign: :rofl:

Uh oh. You know you're approcahing middle age when my youth becomes a talking point for you....

Running around calling people young "whipper-snappers."

Stop while you're behind....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rappers speak on Katrina: Krs1 & David Banner

Playahata.com

http://www.playahata.com/

Krs 1 was interviewed on September 2nd 2005 in Detroit Michigan after a fre concert with Zin.He shared his thoughts on Katrina -when asked about all the talk in the Rap community about benefit concerts and celebrity telethons to raise money for the victims of Hurricane Katrina - “KRS- Well, I’m not sure if this is the right approach to the crisis facing the Hip Hop communities of Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. I understand what many are trying to do. And it is noble for anyone right now to try and do something. However, I think we need a more targeted approach; a more specified plan if we are to really save our people.

When asked later to elaborate by ZIN- …the question was posed “would a concert to benefit the victims of Hurricane Katrina wouldn’t be a start? I’m playing devil’s advocate here?

KRS- Well, I’ll play God’s advocate. I don’t think that this is the time for benefit concerts; THIS IS A TIME FOR REAL LEADERSHIP! We are experiencing matters of life and death! In my opinion a concert is extremely out of context. This is not the time to be shaking our asses! This is a time for ALL true Hip Hop leaders to offer those opportunities that were difficult for the average southerner to obtain like; recording contracts, movie deals, clothing lines, tours where they can work and make some money, or even open up the show. This is a time for all those rappers with 3, 4 and 5 houses to take in a Hip Hop family. Right now we need to think about how we may ease tensions as opposed to flaring them up. Meaning that all radio stations in Houston Texas should adjust their play lists to include more conscious rap music. Those with clothing lines can put a shirt with a conscious message on a needy Hip Hop back. He continued ” I try not to be critical of those trying to do something. However, it’s funny to me to hear Black leaders criticize President Bush’s slow response to the crisis when they can do NOTHING to remedy the situation themselves. President Bush is not OUR leader; he is the President of the United States. Where are OUR leaders? Who is OUR leader?But is this government OUR government? Let’s face it, we did not vote for George W. Bush nor do we agree with his foreign or domestic policies. African American leadership “dissed” both Bushes and spoke out against the war in Iraq. Now we actually expect the Feds to quickly run to OUR aid when they told us to evacuate and many of us didn’t? Come on. We gonna have ta keep it real here. White leadership was slow to act, but Black leadership didn’t act at all! Again, they cried and complained about what someone else didn’t do for them. DAMN! When shall we truly be free? Not freed, but FREE! When will we be able to save ourselves? Teach ourselves? Empower ourselves? Respect ourselves? Govern ourselves?

In addition to his thoughts David Banner spoke to Ozone Magazine via Sohh.com

“I think Hurricane Katrina has exposed America for what it is. I think it’s bigger than black and white. I think it has a lot more to do with rich and poor. We’ve always known that America is a racially driven country. We front like it’s all good, but we know the levels of racism that are in America. I think this is more than just pulling the race card. It shows that America doesn’t give a damn about people in the hood, period.

If this same thing happened in New York, they’d probably be out there mopping themselves. When 9/11 happened, there was help on 9/12. We sent billions of dollars overseas when the tsunami happened. You know, this is our home. We break our necks to help other people, and we fight for oil, but we can’t help our people right here in Mississippi. Mississippi is definitely not getting the relief funds that they really need because we’re not getting the TV time. There’s cities in South Mississippi like Pass Christian, Long Beach, Biloxi, and Gulfport that are just gone. And these are just regular, ordinary folks. White, black, rich, poor. These are places where our grandmothers and grandfathers stay. There’s history in these towns.

America is the most powerful country in the world, but it takes us four days to get there? The things they did four days later are the same things they could’ve done when it happened, period. They coulda flown helicopters in there or something. America is the most powerful country and the proudest country when it feels like it. They said they couldn’t get down there for different reasons, but those were just excuses. I sent a tour bus full of water down there. My bus driver paid with his own Mastercard. I told him to go ahead and buy whatever they needed and I’d pay him back. He filled the tour bus up twice with water, food, and supplies before the American government did. He drove down there from Memphis. Then I came down there myself and I sat and signed autographs and passed out water to the kids for four, five hours myself

An extended conversation with Banner took place with Daveyd to hear cut and paste link below odeo.com/audio/214422/view

Report Filed By Gumby

Embarrassed?  Please!  By a kid playing on the internet?  None of this means anything to me.  I stopped caring when I realized I was trying to engage in a serious conversation about race with a 21 year old!  Now, put your daddy on the computer and run along and do your chores!  There's a fine young man! :thumbsup:  :lolsign:  :rofl:

Uh oh. You know you're approcahing middle age when my youth becomes a talking point for you....

Running around calling people young "whipper-snappers."

Stop while you're behind....

Approaching? I'm already there kid! You stink at math too? Did you clean out the garage and take out the garbage like I told ya? Where's your daddy already, you're boring me! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Approaching?  I'm already there kid!  You stink at math too?  Did you clean out the garage and take out the garbage like I told ya?  Where's your daddy already, you're boring me! :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

And yet you keep responding, 2 pages after you said you were done with me... Is your memory going already? This is exactly why they shouldn't let old people use the internet; they start talking like they're in a barbershop and they don't know when to stop.

Edited by MaxFly

• Admin

see now this is a perfect opportunity to bring the young and old black generations together.. set the example duane and ben.. unite and show em how its done..

actually scratch that.. trading barbs is funnier :lolsign: