JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kanye West causes controversy on NBC

Frenetic

I ****ing hate spics, dotheads, honkeys, japs, wops, kikes, wetbacks, gooks, chinks, camel jockeys and the french, but I love me some niggers....

Is that necessary? Talkin' like that will get you banned, this is supposed to be an intelligent conversation, there's no need to sound that racist, I'm black and I got pride in myself but I also respect other races too as long as they respect me, but f*** the government that doesn't care about us, I agree wit what u said Cozmo D!

:word: What Ted said... :sipread:

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited by bigted

Homeland security might have gotten more cash, but do you know **** about company and branch budgets? NO, cause when a budget is done, homeland and fema get different budgets. FEMA has gotten less then years before and addiontional money for preventing disasters like this have been declined. Homeland secutiry which is above FEMA has more money, yes, but it does not give it the right to give it's own budget to FEMA, in that case homeland security would be broke at this point cause of the massive damages in Louisiana.

FEMA is within homeland security Frenetic. FEMA is an agency within the department of homeland security. FEMA is no longer acting as a separate branch... They were consolidated into the department of homeland security and they are under homeland security now. As a result, if FEMA is unable to adequately handle a situation with their own resources, the department of homeland security is set up so that FEMA would be able to call on any of the other 21 agencies within the department of homeland security for resources. This is something that couldn't have been easily done before the department of homeland security was established largely because bureacracy got in the way and the various agencies were unable to work well together and share information.

Also, FEMA's budget wasn't cut because of the Iraq war. If anything, because of the threat of terrorism, FEMA's budget would have been increased. Remember, this is a president that likes to spend, and has yet to cut a single spending bill in his entire time in office. Their budget was cut partly because much of the money was found to be used inefficiently after audits and mainly because they were going to be consolidated into the department of homeland security.

Undoubtably, the amount of money that is being spent in mess-o-potamia will affect the budgets of various departments and social programs, but with the way congress is set up, disaster relief would be one of the very last thing to be cut because of Iraq. Congress is to concerned about terrorism and it's aftermath. This is why the department of homeland security was created in the first place.

Homeland security might have gotten more cash, but do you know **** about company and branch budgets? NO, cause when a budget is done, homeland and fema get different budgets. FEMA has gotten less then years before and addiontional money for preventing disasters like this have been declined. Homeland secutiry which is above FEMA has more money, yes, but it does not give it the right to give it's own budget to FEMA, in that case homeland security would be broke at this point cause of the massive damages in Louisiana.

FEMA is within homeland security Frenetic. FEMA is an agency within the department of homeland security. FEMA is no longer acting as a separate branch... They were consolidated into the department of homeland security and they are under homeland security now. As a result, if FEMA is unable to adequately handle a situation with their own resources, the department of homeland security is set up so that FEMA would be able to call on any of the other 21 agencies within the department of homeland security for resources. This is something that couldn't have been easily done before the department of homeland security was established largely because bureacracy got in the way and the various agencies were unable to work well together and share information.

Also, FEMA's budget wasn't cut because of the Iraq war. If anything, because of the threat of terrorism, FEMA's budget would have been increased. Remember, this is a president that likes to spend, and has yet to cut a single spending bill in his entire time in office. Their budget was cut partly because much of the money was found to be used inefficiently after audits and mainly because they were going to be consolidated into the department of homeland security.

Undoubtably, the amount of money that is being spent in mess-o-potamia will affect the budgets of various departments and social programs, but with the way congress is set up, disaster relief would be one of the very last thing to be cut because of Iraq. Congress is to concerned about terrorism and it's aftermath. This is why the department of homeland security was created in the first place.

Ur missing my point, even though homeland security has a big budget, it's budget iis divided into different parts.

ONE of those parts is the thing FEMA stands for, and THOSE funds is NOT, NOT bigger than last years, and is NOT bigger than before any war or before the Bush-administration.

And u can't just take money from different departments from homeland security, cause everything gots a price, and even if homelands security had a big budget, it wasn't enough, cause with the state of emergency, new funds have opened up and US STILL needs relief efforts from other countrys.

U didn't answer to anything else from my past and u don't need to. This debate is actually not leading anywere. We have a different political view on things and thats it.

Ur missing my point, even though homeland security has a big budget, it's budget iis divided into different parts.

ONE of those parts is the thing FEMA stands for, and THOSE funds is NOT, NOT bigger than last years, and is NOT bigger than before any war or before the Bush-administration.

And u can't just take money from different departments from homeland security, cause everything gots a price, and even if homelands security had a big budget, it wasn't enough, cause with the state of emergency, new funds have opened up and US STILL needs relief efforts from other countrys.

U didn't answer to anything else from my past and u don't need to. This debate is actually not leading anywere. We have a different political view on things and thats it.

This is where you're missing what I'm saying. You're thinking money, I'm talking about resources, manpower and aid from other agencies within the department of homeland security; these are the things that more than make up for FEMA's budget cuts and were looked at when FEMA's budget was cut. They are able to call on other agencies within the department of homeland security for aid and are able to work with these agencies closely, taking the lead and addressing various aspects of a disaster or an emergency response situation that needs to be addressed. If Michael Chertoff tells an agency to lend a hand to FEMA, they are going to lend that hand. They don't have a choice. In the past, as different agencies, it would have been more of a plea. Under the department of homeland security, it's a mandate.

And note, no reasonable budget that FEMA has, had, or will ever have will ever be enough to fully address all of the issues we see in NO. FEMA is responsible for initial response and relief, rescue and search, not the prolonged care of those that have been rescued and saved. The Red Cross has taken on that responsibility

This is why you hear people donating money and other countries donating money to the Red Cross, not FEMA. The Red Cross is responsible for feeding those who have lost their homes and livelyhood, for clothing them, and for providing them with prolonged healthcare. FEMA doesn't do that. FEMA has enough money and shared resources to do the job they need to do in NO. They were just slow in doing their job.

But manpower and resources so hasn't been enough. That's what i'm saying.

When indonesia, Thailand, Sri Lanka and India can handle a disaster that is alot more huge within a couple of hours, then US should be able too! That leads to alot of things that can't be chnaged right now like the Iraq War and so. And it ALL begins with a failure as a president (type in failure in google =)

When indonesia, Thailand, Sri Lanka and India can handle a disaster that is alot more huge within a couple of hours, then US should be able too! That leads to alot of things that can't be chnaged right now like the Iraq War and so. And it ALL begins with a failure as a president (type in failure in google =)

:word: This is an embarassment for America bottomline 'cause we gotta put these money and resources to use that we have since we're a powerful country, no matter who you blame it all starts with the Bush administration 'cause they got the most power and there's no exuse about that, they're making us look weak, I got nomore to say about this 'cause words can't describe how frustrating this is.

I bet the government's thinking of an exuse like usual, you can't believe all the hype they tell you, there's no exuse for why they took so long, it's their job, they gotta do it, you don't get paid all that $$$$ to sit on your ass or go to a party when a crisis is going on!
I doubt that anyone will be escaping this time... People are calling for blood, and the media has gotten over its shyness with Iraq. Congress is already gearing up.

Someone's going to answer for this. This isn't about blame, this is about accountability and someone will be held accountable.

You want Kanye to say: "Ok King Bush is doing the best he can everybody stay calm even though you're starving with no house and nobody's coming right now but don't worry somebody's coming soon." Would that statement make you happy?  :sick:

We black americans are not gonna kiss ass to a government that don't care about us especially since there's always discrimination against us all the time anyway, we speak our minds since we ain't on the plantation anymore, what's wrong with society is that white people want blacks to stay calm but they forget to ask why we're mad but they always want us to do for them, that's why there's disagreements and we ain't all treated equal!

What would make me happy is if Kanye did his research and understood the situation fully before he opens his mouth. If this was Will, it would be the same thing. Common, it would be the same thing. When he made it a race thing, he went off base, especially in the time and place he chose to voice his "facts."

I don't think Kanye would want the looters to shoot at the troops, he wanted the government to do more to help us, don't twist his words to make him sound like he's ignorant, a lot white people have critised Bush too, why not blame them too not just Kanye while you're at it, 60% of America disapproves what Bush is doing, anybody that agrees what he's doing is the 40%!
Can you please provide me with the quotes where white people are ctiticizing Bush for sending in troops to shoot black people? General criticism seems focused on the slowness of the government's response, not racism or discrimination.

Ted, I don't have to twist Kanye's words to make him sound ignorant. He did that all by himself. He said that the government is sending in troops to shoot black people. I don't even have to explain why that is ignorant, especially looking at the way these troops have behaved.

It's been one week already, there's no exuse to be waiting so long, blame the government not Kanye, if they got there faster, lives could've been saved, the violence would've been minimised quickly, people probably lost their minds after waiting there so long,

I don't know how far behind you are on the news, but we're not longer waiting. Criticism is that the govenment didn't do enough in the first 2 days, not that they are not doing enough now.

Don't provide excuses for people doing stupid and ignorant things. You make it seem that what they are doing and have done isn't that important because they have just reason to behave they way they are behaving.

you can't blame them for being mad, staying there so long will make you mad, let's see you go 3/4 days without food and see how you act,
It's one thing to be mad. It's another thing to act illegally out of that anger. Do you think those people who were shooting at the navy contractors we justified because of their "anger."

I'm sure you're not gonna wanna just lie down and die, 10,000 people are dead and that's why I'm mad! Kanye wouldn't a have a reason to say anything if the government moved their asses faster, I heard more about celebrities helping and people helping than I did about the government helping in the beginning, they're finally doing something now 'cause they're trying to save their ass before we get even more mad!

They're finally moving now because that's their job; it's what they should have been doing from the beginning.

This debate is gettin boring as hell. Everybody's just repeating what they've said a couple of times. just let it rest now.

Maybe we can discuss something else, Bush is leading the investigation trying to find out what went wrong and what went right.

Nice try Bush, but should'nt it be a independent investigation like Bill / Hillary Clinton suggested? Seems more logic.

:word: This is an embarassment for America bottomline 'cause we gotta put these money and resources to use that we have since we're a powerful country, no matter who you blame it all starts with the Bush administration 'cause they got the most power and there's no exuse about that, they're making us look weak, I got nomore to say about this 'cause words can't describe how frustrating this is.

I get to answer both of you at the same time...

Frenetic:

Manpower and resources are abundant. Again, the government was slow in acting, not overwhelmed. No one is accusing FEMA and the department of homeland security as a whole of not having the resources to do their jobs. They are being accused of not acting quickly and not doing enough in the initial days. If the department of homeland security did not have the resources they needed, people wouldn't be calling for all of the directors within FEMA to be fired. They'd be questioning why they don't have the resources they need to do their jobs.

Ted:

The most visible person to blame isn't necessarily where the buck stops. You can't ignore other facets of the government that need to be held accountable such as the mayor and govenor of Louisiana. Lets get all the information so that we can hold each facet to the level of accountability that it deserves.

I ****ing hate spics, dotheads, honkeys, japs, wops, kikes, wetbacks, gooks, chinks, camel jockeys and the french, but I love me some niggers....

Tsk tsk Chief. You've got to remember that these people don't know you, so they surely don't know your sense of humor. Tim's gonna come in here and smack you around! :chuks:

For the record peeps I would point out that he includes just about everybody in his little joke, though he obviously can't spell "honkies". :lolsign:

An interesting article about FEMA's change since Bush was elected. It's from about a year ago.

http://www.bestofneworleans.com/dispatch/2...over_story.html

Some interesting quotes:

"In Louisiana, requests for flood mitigation funds were rejected by FEMA this summer."

"Over the past three-and-one-half years, FEMA has gone from being a model agency to being one where funds are being misspent, employee morale has fallen, and our nation's emergency management capability is being eroded,"

"The administration also made a failed attempt to cut the federal percentage of large-scale natural disaster preparedness expenditures. Since the 1990s, the federal government has paid 75 percent of such costs, with states and municipalities funding the other 25 percent. The White House's attempt to reduce the federal contribution to 50 percent was defeated in Congress."

"Previously, the federal government was committed to invest 15 percent of the recovery costs of a given disaster in mitigating future problems. Under the Bush formula, the feds now cough up only 7.5 percent."

"...this summer FEMA denied Louisiana communities' pre-disaster mitigation funding requests."

In response to the statement that black people are also doing the violence

You are saying that since these black people are being attacked by black people they shouldn't be rescued. Since you can't tell 1 nigger from another let 'em all die.

Yes, Georges Bush in inept, but he doesn't seem to be racist. The govenment was stuck on stupid for the whole of 2 days. They will answer for their incompetence as well as the govenor or Louisiana and the mayor of Louisiana.

The post was just too much to respond to, but I think I'll address this statement, and perhaps a few of the others at another time.

I never said "since these black people are being attacked by black people they shouldn't be rescued" nor is that what I tried to convey, nor is that what I believe.

The violence was brought up as a contrast with Kanye's statement that troops are being sent to shoot black people. Troops are being sent to quel the violence and to reestablish order in the city. People are shooting at rescue workers. That is unacceptable. Kanye's statement intimated that troops aren't needed and that they are just being sent down there to shoot and harass black people. That statement is utterly ludicrous given the violence and disorder than is taking place in the city.

In hindsight, we can see that violence has decreased and that a certain level of order has been established in the city. Troops have not been needlessly shooting at and harassing black people. I'll leave it to some of you as to what to make of Kanye's statement now...

Sorry MaxFly, I tried to make it clear that most of what I posted was C&Ps of my replies at other forums.

Yes, people shooting at rescue workers is unacceptable. People shooting at ANYBODY is unacceptable. Kanye was reacting to the "shoot to kill" orders that were issued, because he and every other black American knows that when it comes down to us it's "shoot first, ask questions later".

You said that Kanye should have balanced his remarks by adding a message to the criminals who were preying upon the victims. Why? First of all, why the hell would these degenerates listen to Kanye West or anybody else? Second, why is it that black people have to always address what other black people are doing wrong when they are complaining about being wronged themselves? Nobody else EVER has to do that.

Kanye spoke what was on his mind and in his heart, and I applaud that. Yes, the choice of forum was poor, but it served as a wake-up call for some about how most of Black America is forced to view this. To think there are no racial connotations involved in this, whether intentional or not, is to stick your head in the sand.