• Admin

http://www.billboard.com/bb/reviews/single...t_id=1001053834

WILL SMITH

Party Starter

Producer(s): Polow da Don, Treeza, O'Banga

Writer(s): W. Smith,

Publisher(s): not listed

Genre: POP

Label/Catalog Number: Interscope (CD promo)

Source: Billboard Magazine

Originally Reviewed: September 10, 2005

If there remains any doubt that Will Smith should have let his rap legacy rest in peace in the previous decade, "Party Starter" will settle the debate. The addition of Ludacris—who pretty much takes over the number—is about as fitting a match as caviar and Ripple, only it's tough to decide who is acting in which role. Pure and simple, this is just plain noise. Smith attempts to sound like he's a serious rapper, perhaps so that his matchup with Ludacris doesn't seem like such a train wreck. Nobody will be fooled by this farce: The emperor is as naked as a jaybird. —Chuck Taylor

• Admin

The addition of Ludacris—who pretty much takes over the number—

wow if you are gonna do sum hating you would think you'd notice ludacris aint even on the track.. but he takes over the whole number? yeah right chuck :davidblaine:

What a moron. I have to admit though, I didn't like the track at first - when we heard it on Westwood ages ago. I really didn't like it. But obviously, as I've listened to it more and understand it, now I love it. I reckon this track is a grower, people just haven't listened to it enough times yet. It is however possible that this guy is just an idiot...

WILL SMITH

Party Starter

If there remains any doubt that Will Smith should have let his rap legacy rest in peace in the previous decade, "Party Starter" will settle the debate. The addition of Ludacris—who pretty much takes over the number—is about as fitting a match as caviar and Ripple, only it's tough to decide who is acting in which role. Pure and simple, this is just plain noise. Smith attempts to sound like he's a serious rapper, perhaps so that his matchup with Ludacris doesn't seem like such a train wreck. Nobody will be fooled by this farce: The emperor is as naked as a jaybird. —Chuck Taylor

I don't know about you guys, but I love reviews like this. They serve to expose people as haters, and leave no questions or uncertainty on the matter. It is highly unlikely that this person even heard the track (it's easy to tell that Ludacris is nowhere to be seen) and is just writing a review because his deadline was fast approaching. His attacks on the track are superficial at best. He doesn't say that he hates the beat. He doesn't say that he hates Will's flow. He doesn't say that he hates the lyrics. He only says that the track is a train wreck. Last I checked, train wrecks usually have causes...Congrats Chuck Taylor, you are the loser of the week...

It's obvious that Will doesn't pay for people to write him good reviews like wack commercial rappers do! :stickpoke:

That review is complete garbage. Ludacris isn't even on the track, and they list the genre as "pop." That too, is an outrage. Ludacris "pretty much takes over the number." I doubt this guy has even listened to the song. I'm now on a mission to find some good reviews.

WILL SMITH

Party Starter

I don't know about you guys, but I love reviews like this. They serve to expose people as haters, and leave no questions or uncertainty on the matter. It is highly unlikely that this person even heard the track (it's easy to tell that Ludacris is nowhere to be seen) and is just writing a review because his deadline was fast approaching. His attacks on the track are superficial at best. He doesn't say that he hates the beat. He doesn't say that he hates Will's flow. He doesn't say that he hates the lyrics. He only says that the track is a train wreck. Last I checked, train wrecks usually have causes...Congrats Chuck Taylor, you are the loser of the week...

Well said