JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

interscope really trusts will

cristigolo

interscope really trust will. it finnaly good to see him finding a record label where he is appreciated at his full worth. sony kinda treated him like crap especially on B2R. i'm sayin they definately realized that he can sell a whole bunch of albums since they invested that much money in the ps video (all those special effects). i hope this propells will to his well deserved place in the charts :thumbsup:

Yeah, that video was most definitely expensive, but Interscope's promotion for Lost and Found left a lot to be desired.

interscope really trust will. it finnaly good to see him finding a record label where he is appreciated at his full worth. sony kinda treated him like crap especially on B2R. i'm sayin they definately realized that he can sell a whole bunch of albums since they invested that much money in the ps video (all those special effects). i hope this propells will to his well deserved place in the charts :thumbsup:

What are u taking??? Will said back in 2002 that B2R was the best album he ever made, and i think that he let his whole creativity work on that album, cause its really different from the more commercial albums he made before.

JJFP Rock The House

Every time I see a post like this, I have to shake my head. Sony helped BWS sell 9 mil US, diamond overseas. They helped Willenium sell 2 million US...

Miami wasn't a cheap video

Just Cruising wasn't a cheap video, and it wasn't even on the US version of BWS

Will2k wasn't a cheap video

Black Suits Coming wasn't a cheap video

Lets not have selective memory. If I'm going to blame sony for B2R, I'm compelled to give them their props for what they did with Willenium and BWS.

And it's not like interscope is blameless. Regardless of how many special effects and how much money they put into the Party Starter video, there is still a 6 month gap between singles and Lost and Found is selling just a little above 6k...

Better planning should have gone into how they were going to approach these singles, promotion and how they were going to keep the public interested in the album.

No doubt it was a very expensive video, not sure who paid the money for it tho, we may never know. As far as promotion goes then this is how I see it - If I hadn't actively searched out information about Will Smith and L&F (ie - this site) there is no way I would have known about it. It's never mentioned on the radio, even when they played Switch there wasa no mention of the album. I've seen no posters, no tv adverts, as Uncle Phil would say, "NO NOTHING!"

i say interscope really dropped the ball on this one. I reckon the promotion of Lost and Found was all Will, he went on shows, he performed live at various arena's, he performed for the NBA, the list goes on. Here in Australia, there close to no promotion for lost and found (except by a few Will's fans here). To me, i think Will paid for most of the video himself, just like he did with So Fresh.

• Members

Interscope definatley have some trust in his lyrical ability, but they havent been the best at trying to get his new stuff heard. Sony however gave him the solo identity and let him branch into the artist that Interscope have now. When Will and Sony dropped Big Willie Style that wiped every other rapper of the circuit. They are two contrasting companies that approach music in a different way. I agree the promotion could be better for Lost & Found because if I didnt have the internet I wouldnt of known it was out. Party Starter is a dope video and has actually changed my opinion on my favourite. It must of cost but I dont think it will bother them after seeing the final product. Party Starter could be huge if they get the right promotion going.