JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rate the Party Starter Video

Hero1

how do you rate the Party Starter Music Video?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. how do you rate the Party Starter Music Video?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8, it was missing Jazzy Jeff and Ludacris and I've seen better videos from Will before, it's still the best video I've seen recently and I think it could be huge, the more I see it the more it might grow on me giving it a higher rating.

Well said, Ted, it would have been nice to see Jeff and Luda, especially Luda, because that would give Will some more credibility in the rap industry (not that he should need it), but it is clearly the best rap video out right now.

Well said, Ted, it would have been nice to see Jeff and Luda, especially Luda, because that would give Will some more credibility in the rap industry (not that he should need it), but it is clearly the best rap video out right now.

Yeah I think the track enough is gonna win a lot of credablity in hip-hop for Will, it'll be interesting to see if it hits as big to the public audience like "Switch" did though, it's been rising slower than "Switch" did in its few weeks, it might get some spins on black radio and maybe a lil' less on pop radio so it might get a lower chart position, I think it could hit the top 20, I think the video'll get more airplay too though.

Edited by bigted

I did realise it wasn't a real party!!  I understand the concepts of music videos!  But one of the points the video was showing how he could rock any party he's at  and thats what I enjoyed about it!

:word: You are right Da Brakes!

well said brakes.. I cant believe the hating this video is getting.. Yes I would have rather had dj jazzy jeff there instead of a fake jazzy jeff..yes I would have rather them focus on wills 3rd verse and what hes saying.. yes I could have done without the rock and line dancing scenes.. But how can you ignore the incredible special efx in this video.. the amazing transitions, the little things.. classic fresh prince humurous girlie action.. the energy!! how good is each frame in that 2nd verse!..the way they change the dancers in the background.. the way the background reacts to what Wills doin..the incredible colors!!! maybe when people watch the video a few times like me they'll notice how good it is...

i think i have to watch it more, but i wouldn't give it anything less than a nine, something was just a little off to me, besides Jeff not being in it and now that people are mentioning it, the third verse, but i blame that on the director/editor lol...the line dancing didn't get to me so much i just thought he looked silly but that was more of the "Fresh Prince" I was seeing when he did that..i guess he just looked like he was more into it, and they didn't play the right version for him to rap to, b/c if you watch his face as the lyrics are playing, he's REALLY into it, but the version of the song seems too soft or something, i don't know maybe it seems like that b/c it's still on the pc and not on tv yet

i'm gonna go with a 7. i'm glad the video came out, but i wasn't hyped going in2 it. maybe the video will grow on me, who knows? but obviously the fake Jeff was one downpoint of the video. also the line dancing and how the 3rd verse didn't get as much attention as it deserved. most of it is what people have said already. and whoever said that the video didn't seem to have as much energy as the song, i kinda felt that too. the parties seemed kinda fake too.

i did like the special fx and i like that the video came out, however i wasn't really anticipating it that much so it didn't blow me away. i had pretty much lost interest in the video before it ever came out. hopefully the video will get on tv where i can see it better and enjoy it more as it grows on me

the beginnin was really cool!, but i didnt like the part in which Will is wit the rock band, and of course is missin jeff that's why i give an 8..but definetly is better than Switch and the effects are cool to, nice work but it could be better

9... It's a great video, and one og the best videos will has ever done. I like the concept: Will is a party starter, he can start a Hip Hop Party, a rock party and even a party where there is line dancing.

:2thumbs:

• Members

Yo the special effect are dope, but the last verse is the most important in the song and the scene didnt really play the purpose of the verse. I do however think it is his best so effort. I seriously cant get enough of this video!!

Oh, and a rapper line dancing, it actually works well. :lolsign:

Edited by Polar Bear