JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

How did u became a JJFP fan?

Luigie

maybe this topic had been talked before but i wanna know your "history" bout this. First me.

I remember when i was a kiddo (4years old) i watched the video "U can't touch this" of MC Hammer, i loved that video i wanted to dance like him, but i didn't know it was Rap(that was a sign that my favorite music would be rap/Hip-Hop), so i growed up and when i was 8 years old i watched men in Black and the music video with Will, in that moment i was shocked i was fascinated wit that video so i become a Will Smith fan but after that (i can't remember when was exactly) i heared that Will had a partner in the rap game: Jazzy Jeff and that they were a duo in the 80's..deeeeem i said. "this duo is fresh",

this is good music, good funny style, i have to know more bout them, the years passed, and here i am, in this forum which is my Old Skool Hip-Hop Home.

So how ur history goes? tell me plz!!

the first tiem i heard Will smith was when they released Will2k and i thought it was the ****.... then my family was watching a movei with will in it i forgot excatly which it was then i realized he did movies... so then i went and coped all the old stuff that was out befor i was born... and now i am where i am

long story made short :dope:

Wooow!, when parents just dont understand came out, i wasn't in this world yet :lol: ... :interesting:

Come on buddies keep the stories comin' :dope:

i dunno how i got hooked on will cuz i didn't even know he was in a group. but i started liking him since i was 6. will and jjfp did not get played where i live (romania) so all i heard from him was maiami which i had on a compilation cd. in 2002 i bought B2R and felt so lucky to find one of his albums here that i kept bragging about it to my friend who later bought one too. in 2003 i waz in austria and i bought BWS i listened to it on my way home from austria which is like 12 hours (well i fell asleep sice i was mega tired for about 3hours but after i woke up i listened to again and again) and this year i downloaded L&F and listened to it cuz you can not find anything of wills here. but when i went to germany i bought it and about a month ago ifound willenium at yard sale.

this is my story

man i wish i was there in the 80's when "girls ain't nothing but trouble" , and all those old classics came out, when rap was starting out...it would have been cool to just see how the whole atmosphere was like (especially compared to now!)...but it's not to be..im too young to remember "hammertime"

...i first more or less got hooked to JJFP a lot due to this site..when i was about 7or 8 i think "boom shake shake.." came out and i liked wills songs and all that, but i wasent a real JJFP fan , I only think really this year when i've been motivated to search for the albums prior to BWS...so yeah this year thanks to JJFP.com :rockon:

ur stories are soo cool!!! :dope: , i also wanna know Tim's story, come on man let me know.

of course the rest of y'all too, dont feel discriminated :azzangel: