JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

freestyles

smootb

• Members

I'm trying to rap out these freestyles but it's hard to rap them of the the screen.I figure I just rap out each line until I come to a comma pause for a second and continue.It works for a while then it gets hard again.Maybe someone can give me some pointers.Does anyone else try to rap these out? :shrug:

i freestyle all the time... try throwing words like uh... yeah..what..etc when you can't think... then freestyling becomes really easy after a while... you can also try some miny games pick a word and see how many words you can rhyme with that and keep doing with different words... it will up your vocabulary that make your freestyles better...

also welcoem to the site...

P.S. this is the wrong section for this... but you new here so ill give ya a break.

I didn't think bout that kind of words :lolsign: , good idea Fresh-Ta-Def, I wasn't patient wit the rhymes so that's why now i'm in the Dj-ing field. I think i do it better

Ur right!, maybe i have to practice more, but now i'm doin some mixes, i feel better mixin the music in a party than rappin'.....ok im not goin to leave it totally. rappin' will be in 2nd. place :1-say-yes:

Freestyling is all about nerves and confidence, you need to be confident to think of words on the spot, if you don't then you might aswell be a fish being eaten by a shark. No purpose. To help keep saying simple rhymes to start of with, not too easy ofcourse but that is where you test your self. freestyles are not about lyrics just flow,orginality if you want

What freestyle isit that your trying to rap?

Well from what I understand, if your going to 'freestyle', U won't be reading off the screen or anything else. It's off the top of the head. U can do it as fast or as slow as U want. Unless U typed up the words as U freestyled, I guess that's different. Just don't think about it too much when U do, becuz ur just letting yourself go. I was freestyling all day yesterday. I'm not where I want it to be with it.

i now how cool i am but this is what i do:

since i dont want my family to hear me freestyle (whether its the content or i just dont want them to hear), ill do all my freesytling in the shower. so now whenever people ask me if i sing in the shower i say, "no i freestyle rap in the shower". and its a good way to practice too, since you take a shower every day....at least i hope you do :lolsign:

yeah freestyling is off the top of the head... it does take a while to get good at it... right now i think i'm really good at freestyling... i have won many battles downtown london on hiphop weeknd.. but thats for battling, which in a way is kind of different....

try picking a subject and sticking to it and just rappin bout it... for EX... girls!