JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

THE PARTY CAN START LATER...

I thought it might b4 cool 2 release them both at the same time. But then i got thinkin'...and that woudl probably have them competing against each other. It's hard enough 2 get his stuff on TV and on the radio, so i think it would be a bad idea 2 have the singles going up against each other.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it might b4 cool 2 release them both at the same time.  But then i got thinkin'...and that woudl probably have them competing against each other.  It's hard enough 2 get his stuff on TV and on the radio, so i think it would be a bad idea 2 have the singles going up against each other.

Exactly, radio's already resistant towards playin' Will already, those other peeps that release many singles at once don't get rejected from gettin' played on the radio so you really can't compare Will to them, the singles could just cancel each other out and get no airplay, I personally wonder why it's taking so long for "Party Starter" to rise on the radio now though since "Switch" died a long time ago.

If BWS can sell 9x platinum, then it's doable for L&F to sell at a high level

....Maybe if Will promotes it for 5 years and releases every song as a single with all of his life savings! :lolsign: It took 2 years for BWS to sell 9 million and it never sold less than 50K a week for most of the time, "L&F" fell under 50K a week in the 1st month of release and at this rate 5 years sounds wishful thinking too, he released singles 6 months apart then, it's taking too long for "Party Starter" to come out and "Switch" didn't have the success "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" had when it comes to video play, MTV played "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" all day, they played "Switch" like 10 times altogether, it ain't '97-99 anymore, he was in the game for 10 years at that point so that was amazing it blew up like it did more than any of the JJFP stuff previously but this is a different time now and Will Smith doesn't exist in the mind of the average commercial rap fan like he used to, they don't even know that Jazzy Jeff still DJs, the media disrespects him too when they ask him where have you been? He only tours every year that's all. :nhawong:

If BWS can sell 9x platinum, then it's doable for L&F to sell at a high level

....Maybe if Will promotes it for 5 years and releases every song as a single with all of his life savings! :lolsign: It took 2 years for BWS to sell 9 million and it never sold less than 50K a week for most of the time, "L&F" fell under 50K a week in the 1st month of release and at this rate 5 years sounds wishful thinking too, he released singles 6 months apart then, it's taking too long for "Party Starter" to come out and "Switch" didn't have the success "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" had when it comes to video play, MTV played "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" all day, they played "Switch" like 10 times altogether, it ain't '97-99 anymore, he was in the game for 10 years at that point so that was amazing it blew up like it did more than any of the JJFP stuff previously but this is a different time now and Will Smith doesn't exist in the mind of the average commercial rap fan like he used to, they don't even know that Jazzy Jeff still DJs, the media disrespects him too when they ask him where have you been? He only tours every year that's all. :nhawong:

Question

We all know that switch was 1 of the least favourite and good songs,

to know that sold quite a bit, how different would it have been if that song

would been dunno party starter or lost & found or even tell me why ?

I am thinking quite a bit.

Also, a very good example is mariah carey, more on that later if ya want

So Ted... Lets make you an Interscope promoter/distributer... What would you do differently from what we're saying... We're saying that Party Starter should have come out in late June/Early July. Will should have performed, in addition to Switch, Party Starter or another track from the album at venues where he was allowed to perform more than one song. We're saying that he should have done a mini tour before he started shooting "Pursuit of Happyness."

What are your points? What would you do differently... What is it that we don't agree on?

State your points clearly. Don't bring in KRS-One, 50 Cent or other random examples... Lets focus on what Will could have done to make the album a success...

Go ahead... you have the stage...

So Ted... Lets make you an Interscope promoter/distributer... What would you do differently from what we're saying... We're saying that Party Starter should have come out in late June/Early July. Will should have performed, in addition to Switch, Party Starter or another track from the album at venues where he was allowed to perform more than one song. We're saying that he should have done a mini tour before he started shooting "Pursuit of Happyness."

What are your points? What would you do differently... What is it that we don't agree on?

State your points clearly. Don't bring in KRS-One, 50 Cent or other random examples... Lets focus on what Will could have done to make the album a success...

Ok let's see what I'd do, hmm, I'd probably do exactly what you said there, and I'd try to call Snoop out on the phone and tell him to perform "Pump Ya Brakes" 'cause that'd get the thugs into "Lost and Found" even though it's probably one of the worst songs on the album 'cause I know they'd like it, who knows I'd probably even try to convince them to shoot a video if the sales go up 'cause of their performances, I'd also get Nicole S. out with Will to perform "If You Can't Dance"(Slide) even though that's another one of the worst songs on there 'cause that'd add sex appeal. :interesting: The reason for these ideas would be that we need to promote the worst songs on the album 1st since they'd be the most popular then we'd hit the audience with "Party Starter" and "Tell Me Why" after 'Pursuit Of Happiness' when the album's triple platinum, that's what I'd do.

Sorry if im repeating what people have already said bcoz some people wrote a lot lol.

But whos to say Will hasnt already shot the video for Tell me why. He knows his schedule is filled with shooting the film so he might have thought ahead and already filmed it.

I think another reason to why tell me why is better released first is that its not really a performance song. I mean its brillient on the radio and as a music video i know its gonna be even more powerful but when i saw Will and Mary do it on stage on the dvd it didnt quite seem right for the stage (this could just be me that thinks this). So if Will is filming hes not gonna perform his new single and so that can be tell me why.

Then by the time the 3rd single is out, in this situation its party starter, he might have finished filming and can therefore perform the song on stage, which i think ps is a lot better on stage than tell me why.

Saying all this, i agree with Max, ps is on the radio and its the second single and i cant see them going back on it now.

I agree with max

• 4 months later...

The party never started and we might not even get "Tell Me Why"!!! :stars: :thumbdown: