25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be offended if a white rapper used the n-word

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it is a good idea because I wouldn't want someone saying to me "what's up my guido?"

I miss the good 'ol days before the fakeover of rap and everyone, black and white said "what's up homeboy!?"

in my book any racial slur is worst than the f-word, sh-word, c-word.

Edited by sonic1988

Word up sonic. Homeboy. Even Houseboy. :lolsign: btw, does anybody really understand the meaning of homeslice? I used that a couple times and people looked at me like I was crazy. I swear Will used it. Somebody hiphop-ish. I prefer the word not to be used period, but its much of a no no towards caucasion persuasion

btw, does anybody really understand the meaning of homeslice? I used that a couple times and people looked at me like I was crazy. I swear Will used it.

actually i'm not sure about will using it but according to the "hip hoptionary" (actually a joke gift that was never given but actually is very interesting.)

it says:

"homeboy/homegirl/homey/homies/home slice/home skillet [never heard that one] :lolsign:

1)term of familiar address 2) refrence to a person from the same neighborhood or hometown."

Like KRS-ONE mentions in "MCs Act Like They Don't Know" even white kids refer to themselves as n----s :hmm: :

"What come around go around I figure

Now we got white kids callin' themselves n----s

When the tables turn and the crosses burn

Remember you must learn"

Edited by bigted

• Members

i don't like the word personally, but at the same time, it's our own fault for making it associated with black people. a ni**er is a lazy person, according to the dictionary. just like a "fag" is just a bundle of sticks (or in the UK, it's a cigarette".. i'm gay, and i don't get offended when people call me a fag, i just laugh at their ignorance because they don't actually know what they're calling me. likeomgz i'm a cigarette! let me go throw a pity party for myself. waaaaaah! whatever. people who get offended by name calling need to stop and consider the source. what does it matter? fag? nigger? chink? you know what a chink is? it's a tangle in a chain of some sort. like when your necklace gets knotted in itself. that's a chink. we're raised to think these words are horrible, dirty, despicable words, and that's why we react the way we do to them. if you brought your kid up to think that "chair" was a horrible thing, he'd think that all his life. he'd call someone a chair when he got angry. it's all in how we're raised and what we're taught. but things like nigger/nigga, chink fag, guinea, mick.. (the last three of which i am).. they mean nothing. they're just words, they can't hurt anyone.

sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me. especially if they're from someone that i don't even know.

take that into consideration, s'all i'm saying.