Would you be offended

Mike

Would you be offended if a white rapper used the n-word  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be offended if a white rapper used the n-word

• Yes
    • No

I could have sworn i already posted this

Anyway, basically would you be offended if a white rapper used the dreaded n-word?? I know people would be offended if he used it to racial offended someone. but im talking about using it like black people do. "my n*gga" (etc). cause i know my black friends dont care if i or other white people use the word around them. as long as we dont use it offensivly. i dont use the word in my songs or anything like that i was just curious to see your opinions.

>>>If he DIDNT use it to deliberatly offend people<<<<

Edited by WILL IS ILL

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reborns got it right on the spot.... also i dun understand if a white person gets his butt beat for using a racist comment like that then why is it ok for others to discriminate whites and asianz and all that ?

I'm with TopDawg, i don't like 2 hear it at all...no matter who says it. Sure, many people have twisted the word around in2 different meanings, but that dosen't mean it's cool. 2 me, it's basically the same as TV going further and further with what they put on TV. What wazn't cool back in the day is now cool 2 put on TV. Just cuz times change dosen't mean that's an excuse 2 let things slide.

The ONLY time i've heard the word and it hasn't bugged me is when Arrested Development used it. They said that the word means someone who is opressed and wallows in that oppression....still making it a negative term. So the few times they use it in their songs, it still means something bad, but the the racial sting of it has been replaced with a different negative meaning.

I have a few black friends who use it and it still bugs me...i just don't wanna hear it at all.

I don't even like to call my friends my n****s, I don't get mad though if somebody says "what's up my n****" when I know they're just sayin' what's up but I'd prefer they don't say that either, I address my peeps by their names, I think all rappers should stop using that word, that's just as offensive as saying fag, but until black rappers stop sayin' it, white rappers have the right to say it to in all fairness, there's no rules to what you can't say on songs, the only way to stop people from being offended is to have no rapper curse, there's always somethin' that somebody might say in a song that people could get offended by.

Edited by bigted

People didn't like when Will stood up and said that rappers need to watch what they say in their songs but he's right, it's taking a long time though for people to see that, it's actually good though that Kanye's standing up sayin' that people shouldn't say fag in their songs but maybe he should also take a stand and not say n**** too if he really wants to take a stand.

yeah i agree with a lot of ppl and i dont like the word to be used at all. I doubt a white rapper would step that line and say that tho.

The only time ive heard it and thought it was funny is in an interlude on Kaynes college drop out album where a guy says "you'z a n****, and i dont mean that in no nice way", that does make me laugh a lot.

I like the way Chuck D said n*** on Public Enemy's "LSD", "I ain't gonna call myself a n*** just to get the benjamins". I like too how rappers like Chuck D and KRS could make rhymes without cursing so much, a lot of the conscious rappers comin' up on the scene need to do somethin' like this too, I do find it a lil' disturbing that Kanye said n*** quite a few times on "Jesus Walks" even though it's a great song but he said it's supposed to be a gospel rap song and he even performs it in a church too in the video, every song on the album he says n**** too, Nas says it quite a lot too but he doesn't call his music gospel rap, LL said n*** quite a few times on "Mr. Smith" and "G.O.A.T." but he doesn't go around actin' like it's holy music, Kanye said "College Dropout"'s a gospel rap album on 106 & Park too even thought there's curses, that's wrong to say that though 'cause some people get offended by cursing. He got a song on there where he talks about how big his d*** is, it's aight to make a song like that too if you want since it's all entertainment but just don't call it a gospel album, gospel rap songs are supposed to be clean, that'd be like sayin' "Bad Boys II" is a gospel movie, lol, he can't perform that in a church unless he bleeps out the word, this is what I think makes him a lil' hypocritical to me, he could avoid sayin' that it's a gospel song and that'd be cool, there's other gospel rappers like Cross Movement, BB Jay, and T-Bone that've been doing it for years without cursing but they don't get any popularity, it's like the radio doesn't play a rap song if it don't have edits in it now, if you wanna be a conscious rapper that wants to take a stand you should stop making songs sayin' n****.

Edited by bigted