JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Do U Miss Your First Time...

Do U miss the feeling of the first time that played Will's "Lost and Found" album?

I know I do. I was cleaning my room, and tracks like "Lost and Found", "Tell Me Why", and "Loretta" made me stop what I was doing and listen the deepness the sounds and Will's lyrics surrounding my room. It was such a great feeling, but I dared not touch the track foward, track back, fast-foward, or rewind because I wanted to hear the album in it's whole. The first five tracks I listened to in the car with my mom. The rest was when I got home. I started at the beginning and let it go. The only one I wasn't too fond of was the "Switch" feat. Elephant Man ...Reaggae Remix. I felt like a new and old fan all at the same time. If people's ears just come across it, they'd feel it. It's just so good. I never played Will's album so much I saturated it out of my system. Will Smith had his day in my stereo. "Lost and Found" has a permant and accepting place in my collection. Play = Anytime, anyplace.

OH God. I feel so bad, but I gotta say this tho. The first tyme when I listened to Lost & Found, I wasn't feeling it too good. "now im ducking! lol :daveuidiot: I guess I wasn't in the mood for music that day...cuz i flipped thru the cd, and that was it. but...When I drove to Philly & New England I had nothing but tyme on my hands to get a gUd feel for it, and my sons actually wanted to have that along with Good Charlotte in the cd changer as their two chosen cds... rest was Hieroglyphics and other RnB stuff haha.

altho I don't miss the first tyme I heard it, when we fed homeless ppl, the whole cd sounded incredibly good for sum reason...I enjoyed it soo much that day. Thats actually the most memorable time listening to it 4 me ...

peace,

cookie

The first time I heard it, it was great, Lost and Found, and Party Starter were amazing, it lived up to all my expectations.

I was at school when I first heard it! I was surfing the net when I read on the board that the cd had been leaked! I found it and listend to it during the brake! It was asome! Party Starter, Lost & Found, I Wish I Made That...all those songs where dope and gave me goosbumps! Damn, I do miss that!

I remember being in keyboarding class trying to listen to it and we weren't supposed to be online which made it that much more difficult. I could only hear bits and pieces of the song b/c the teacher would keep walking by, but I made up for it when I got home. Lost and Found is definately a great album to listen to all the way through. Then again, I can do that with most of Will's albums!

See this is why i dont "over listen" to my favourite albums, that way u never completly lose that first feeling u get when u first hear it. If i played it 5 times a week the words would begin to lose thier meaning.

The first time i heard it was on a rare day off work, when i put it on it was so much better then i expected. Listening to tell me why was amazing and it gave my the shivers the first few times. I also remmember sitting down when Lorretta came on but i had to stand up and go right next to the speakers bcoz i was so amazed lol. I probably had a little dance around my room too haha.

First Time... I got the album on the 26th, but the post (mail) didn't come before I went to work. So I got home at 6 oclock but I had to go out at 6.30 for my friends 18th birthday night out in Newcastle. So I skipped thru all the tracks listening to about 20 seconds of each track. The Coming To The Stage beat really stood out and I loved it, that's all I can remember from that very short session.

Got home at about 3.30 am in a very intoxicated state and listened to the album twice before going to sleep. I vaguely remember being fascinated by the very start of Here He Comes, you know that hum at the very start you only hear when you play it at high volume, it made my headphones shake, or so I thought. :lolsign:

I think I might have overplayed it that first few days...

i remember i brought my portable cd player with me so i could listen to it the whole time in the car and when we got out and i wouldnt have to take the cd out of the player in the car

so then i listened to it nonstop until it was done, even through dinner. which my parents werent too fond of