JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The 30 August Battle

Frenetic

Why doesn't "Lost and Found" sell more then? It's Will's best solo album and a lot of people say that, why ain't they buying the album? I'm with Lerkot on this one, what world are you living in Frenetic, "Big Willie Style" was the last good album to sell a lot, Diddy and Mase put out garbage at that time and were even more commercial than Will. I doubt Kanye's "Hey Mama" is a better momma song than LL's "Big Mama"(Unconditional Love), he spit with the passion of Pac in this song, post me the lyrics to that song and if it's better than this I'll BUY the album the first day, mark my word:

Yeah, this one's dedicated, to my grandmother, and your grandmother

It's all love, let's not forget who raised us, word up

[LL Cool J]

Big Mama, my grandmother, my main girl

I love you much more than the scandalous world

As a young boy you gave me whoopings to save my life

Cursed me out, to keep me out the streets at night

Cause my momma had me when she was young

So you took on the responsbility to raise your grandson

You taught me if a task is once begun, Todd

Never leave it 'til it's done, Todd

Be thy labor great or small Todd

Do it well or not at all, God

Big Mama, my blood is your blood

When the whole world's against me, I know I got your love

If I was in a cell for the rest of my life

I know I'd hear your prayers in the middle of the night

Used to sit me on your lap and teach me mother wit

Early Sunday morning for them salmon and grits

I love you baby, you the one and only, that's a fact

'Til death do us part, I'ma always have your back

You beefed cause you heard that I was cursin in my raps

Eighty-six, still you wanna run and get the straps

I love you, I promise you I care for you deep

Cause when I had bronchitis you would rock me to sleep

Rub me down with green alcohol

Little brown-skinned lady bout five feet tall, Big Mama

[Chorus: Dru Hill] + (LL)

Early one Sunday morning

Breakfast was on the table (you gave me unconditional love)

There was no time to eat, she said to me

Boy hurry to Sunday school (you gave me unconditional love)

[LL Cool J]

I remember when you told me certain friends wasn't real

I didn't wanna listen, I swore I knew the deal

Come to find out, everything you said was true

Who I end up goin to for advice? You

I love you, that's why you got nurses and maids

Ever since I got paid, you ain't never been afraid

That's granddaddy wife, she taught me how to think

How to navigate through life, you made the sacrifice

You kept on livin, cause when my granddaddy died

It took all your might, but you ain't quit on life

We took trips down South, biscuits and chicken

Me you granddad and Alison, trippin

Remember, you used to pick me up from junior high

And classmates laughed when the Buick rolled by

Remember, I pulled my privates out in class

And from Farmers to Dunkirk you straight whooped my (woo!!)

The best cookin a man could ever taste

It's written in my heart, it can never be erased

Thank you so much, you taught me well

How to not get souped up, because I'm LL

How to walk the street, and hold my head real high

How to live with Christ and not be afraid to die

We sipped daquiris, but you never told moms

We even shared beers, Big Mama my dear

A toast to a woman that raised a man

In popular demand all across the land

You're my lawyer, my teacher, my doctor, my friend

My mother, my father, you with me 'til the end

I love you, I mean that from the bottom of my heart

That's the reason why my record's #1 on the charts

I'ma tell it like it is, I love you forever

Dead or alive, we'll always be together

Big Mama I love you

[Chorus]

[LL Cool J]

I dedicate this to the Big Mama's everywhere

The ones who raised us - when nobody else was there

The ones who held us and told us it'll be alright

When gunshots was goin off every night

Taught us how to lock the door and check the peephole

And how to swallow Vicks when we had a chest cold

How to stay proud, and represent hard

Eat plenty baby, but first say grace for God

Big Mama, I'ma miss you

When one of us leave this earth

But baby for what it's worth, I love you since the date of my birth

And if it wasn't for my children, I would wanna go first

You're the reason I'm the man I am today

The inspiration, for me to be LL Cool J

When you told me "Knock 'Em Out," I brought you home a Grammy

I learned to be tough from Big Mama and Aunt Cammy

A black man that was raised by black women

On tour, sippin your special honey and lemon

You told me, gargle with vinegar water and salt

The concert was hot, thanks to your support

Girl - you're the one I love

Whether right here with me or smilin from up above

Trouble or no trouble, you always had my back

So I had to let you know your son appreciates that, Big Mama

[Chorus] - repeat 2X

Edited by bigted

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if it's about quality then "Willenium" should've outsold/or at least sold as much as "Big Willie Style" and "Code Red" should've outsold "Homebase", maybe the fact that Kanye released an album a year after his last might be the reason why he has such anticipation now, maybe if Will actually released albums as much as his movies his sales would stay high but I guess he really doesn't care about that now since he doesn't, if he really wanted to sell a lot he'd sign to G Unit but I don't think none of us want that! :nhawong: A lot of people weren't buying "College Dropout" until "Jesus Walks" came out and dominated the airwaves, don't front, there's no artist out there that can't do well without a hit single, "Golddigger" is getting a lot of airplay right now too.

Edited by bigted

I love LL's "Big Mama"(Unconditional Love) so much, I'd put it right up there with Nas' "Heaven", KRS-ONE's "So Many Tears", and Will's "Tell Me Why" as the deepest song over the last few years, he should've release it as a single, a lot of people would've bought "10" if he did, such a powerful song, I hope LL does more of these type of songs on his next album, I don't mind club songs but I wanna hear more personal tracks from him, Nas need to do this too on his next album, KRS-ONE too, their skills are still up there but I would have to say Will's a lil' better than them right now 'cause he dug deep in his soul for "Lost and Found", I don't think Kanye is close to that level either, that's the one thing I love about Chuck D's solo album: "Autobiography Of Mistachuck" 'cause it really was an autobiographical album, he talked about more things about himself that he doesn't talk about on the Public Enemy albums.

btw, why u dissin' Timbaland? He's a great producer and has worked with a lot of great artists, Kanye's done some crap beats too in between and has worked with some crap artists in between too like Cam'Ron, he's just as wack as Bubba Sparks, I like Game for leaving G Unit but I'm sorry his voice is annoying as hell that I can't stomach listening to for more than 2 minutes, people who dissed Casual's voice need to check themselves! Not all the beats on "BE" are phenominal either, come on as a fan of Will I admit not all of his songs are great either since I'm not a "Loretta" that thinks what everything somebody does is perfect.

Edited by bigted

man y'all one some reefer.

the question is: WHAT WORLD DO YOU LIVE IN!?

Kanye's work is amongst the majority of the music industry seen as genius and very good. That's the overall view on Kanye West.

Now Will ain't got that view on him. If people want to buy a WIll Smith album they dont't buy it cause they know it's good, they buy it cause it's Will Smith and he got hitsingles. And THEN they realize: Damn this boy can actually rap. Will don't get XXL's, Five Mics or Five stars in Rolling Stone. Cause he isn't critically acclaimed wheter u like it not (i don't like it cause i think L&F is one of the best albums released in a long time).

Chill the fraaaccck out.

Why Y'all ALWAYS, ALWAYS gotta do threads to WIll SMith VS the World threads? Y'all insulted by me talking about other rappers? What the hell is wrong with u people.

I don't know, I think we just get caught up in the fact that this is a Will website, although we are in the off topic forums. I agree, Kanye is pretty good. My predictions are Kanye about 400K and Yayo between 150 and 200, he doesn't have the same hype as all the other members of the G-Unit had.

Why Y'all ALWAYS, ALWAYS gotta do threads to WIll SMith VS the World threads? Y'all insulted by me talking about other rappers? What the hell is wrong with u people.

some of the people on this board are like majorly huge Will Smith fans and to some people, he's the best rapper ever and every album he does is the best. then there's just big fans who appreciate a whole spectrum of music and aren't quite as big of fans of Will Smith. it's ok tho cuz we're all fans. even tho this is the off topic board a lot of our musical tastes are still based around Will Smith. if u want people raving over Kanye like we rave over Will, then ur on the wrong board.

some of the people on this board are like majorly huge Will Smith fans and to some people, he's the best rapper ever and every album he does is the best. then there's just big fans who appreciate a whole spectrum of music and aren't quite as big of fans of Will Smith. it's ok tho cuz we're all fans. even tho this is the off topic board a lot of our musical tastes are still based around Will Smith. if u want people raving over Kanye like we rave over Will, then ur on the wrong board.

nah man..that's the thing.. U can't speak about things in a normal tine cause things gotta be "ravy". Topic was just about to start a discussion about a pretty interesting event. And this is by the way a subforum for things not having to be about will.

Hey Frenetic don't take my opinion personal, Kanye just ain't one of my favorites that's all and that's how I feel, I was just expressing my opinion, but I wasn't necessarily just dissin' him, 'cause we even criticise certain things Will does too like I said before, you can't expect all of us to like Kanye West 'cause we're JJFP fans, I don't expect everybody here to like KRS-ONE, Nas, and Chuck D either. Now about the reviews, a lot of garbage albums get high reviews in these hip-hop mags, I bet even Eminem's "Encore" got a higher review than "Lost and Found", only a handful of those that do are actually good albums like Kanye West's and Jay-Z', now I might personally think that they're a lil' overrated but on the commercial scene, they're the only ones besides my favorites Will Smith and LL Cool J(I don't consider Nas commercial anymore) that actually have some skills and I guess I gotta give them credit for that, I think the fans' opinions matter the most like Will's said: "black radio/they don't play me though/every since summertime/they don't like none of mine/even though the fans went out and bought enough/i guess they think will ain't hard enough", "Lost and Found" might've got trash reviews but this ain't nothin' new, the media's been dissin' him his whole career 'cause he don't curse in his rhymes, well he could tell them to kiss his ass since he survived their criticism by winning the 1st rap Grammy and selling over 30 million+ worldwide over the last 20 years, those trash magazines don't dictate somebody's career, they even gave Yayo high reviews, now that's what I call garbage.

It will be a very sad day for hip-hop is Yayo outsells Kanye in the first week.

:word: Well remember though it's a marathon not a sprint, Will had a bad 1st week where Beanie Siegal outsold him but his album's still on the charts selling 611,000 while Beanie's fell off selling only 300,000, I think Kanye's will be on the charts much longer than Yayo's, if Yayo has a bad 1st week, he'll more than likely struggle to go platinum or even gold, I don't Will's "Big Willie Style" ever hit #1 on the charts either, you just have to be on the charts a long time to have success, I think there's still hope for "Lost and Found" going platinum too if Interscope would get off their arse to promote it, "Party Starter" would be a good start but maybe if a hip-hop magazine put Will on the cover that'd be helpful too.

Edited by bigted