JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

no party starter video guys.

rb18020

lost and found should stand on its own merits, but it should also be compared to other rappers, not on sale success but on the actual content of the records, the skills of the rappers, etc.

p.s the video will come

Well Eminem's "Encore" and 50 Cent's "Massacre" are arguably the worst albums to sell so much since Vanilla Ice's "To The Extreme", in fact they even make that album look dope, the wacker you are now the more you sell, a lot of hip-hop heads feel that way, not only me, it'd be nice if a quality album could outsell them but I don't see that happening, real hip-hop doesn't sell and Will's "Lost and Found" is a real hip-hop album, not a sell-out album that'll sell 6 million, even Outkast's last album was their worst album even though it sold 10 million and of course "Big Willie Style" isn't Will's best album even though it sold 12 million worldwide, in fact you could say his worst selling album "Code Red" is his best album ever, I'd say "He's The DJ..." and "Homebase" albums are also better than "Big Willie Style" even though JJFP never came close to "Big Willie Style" numbers, I'm not sayin' they're sell-outs but their less sellin' albums are their best, Eminem's underground stuff was good stuff but once he started going platinum his quality went down drastically to where he sold out in this case where now he's made the worst rap album ever just like his buddy 50 Cent, Dr. Dre's "Chronic 2001" doubled the sales of "The Chronic" but it's not even half as good as " The Chronic" in fact I think it's even worse than "The Aftermath" album he made, Nas "Illmatic" only sold 1 million copies but it's better than all of his albums that sold more.

Edited by bigted

The video will come. When Will Smith said hes returning 2 music its not just to release one single and one video. That's the dumbest **** ive heard. Ofcourse he will. He's probably already made the video but waiting to release it. For example he could of already made Tell me Why video aswell and he can release them both at the same time. That would be crazy. No one would expect it. Will has already suprised us a few times. And with interscope don't have **** to do with will. they only promote his album which they done f*ck all with anyway. And ted "The Massacre" is the ****test album i've heard. But "Encore" is pretty funny if you listen to it. During the middle of the album its like Slim Shady returned if only for a little while

"High Five Nick Lachey, But A Pin In Jessica's Head Then Walked away

Her head blew up just like a ballona. Flying all over the rooma."

• Admin

Joe you got no idea what you are talking about Interscope has everything to do with the release of Wills music they are the distributor. Party Starter video was shot on the 11th of July over 6 weeks ago.. there is no good reason why this video hasnt been released yet..

Well Eminem's "Encore" and 50 Cent's "Massacre" are arguably the worst albums to sell so much since Vanilla Ice's "To The Extreme", in fact they even make that album look dope, the wacker you are now the more you sell,

yeah, i dont like 50 or Eminem and they made so bad albums ... BUT i am kinda proud of them cuz they still keep the rap of the top of the charts and this is importing ,but hope somebody take their place ...

Edited by fresh_from_sofia

Well Eminem's "Encore" and 50 Cent's "Massacre" are arguably the worst albums to sell so much since Vanilla Ice's "To The Extreme", in fact they even make that album look dope, the wacker you are now the more you sell,

yeah, i dont like 50 or Eminem and they made so bad albums ... BUT i am kinda proud of them cuz they still keep the rap of the top of the charts and this is importing ,but hope somebody take their place ...

They don't deserve to be on the top of the charts if they're supposed to be the top representives of hip-hop, maybe if their sales suffered it'd be a message that you'd have to make more quality and put in a lot of work to be on the charts, back in the days LL Cool J, JJFP, Public Enemy. and MC Hammer worked with a lot of effort to top the charts, I'd rather Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson sell more than these wack rappers even though I don't like them either for their music but at least they're good to look at. :lolsign:

Edited by bigted

if its not on next weeks TRL list, then ill loose hope.

will should sign with def jam or so so def ahha.

Well signing to Def Jam wouldn't be that bad of an idea, imagine the 3 richest and most successful rappers: LL Cool J, Will Smith, and Jay-Z(even though I don't like him as much as Will or LL) all on the same label, that'd be huge! :rockon: LL's "The Definition" basically has done the same numbers as "Lost and Found" though but at least he got airplay on Hot 97, black radio would play Will more if he signed to Def Jam probably so he might even outsell LL and do close to Jay-Z numbers.

Edited by bigted

• Admin

def jam is a horrible label..and isnt that under sony? theres basically only 3 record labels left in the world now because they have all merged.. there really isnt many options.. :shrug:

def jam is a horrible label..and isnt that under sony? theres basically only 3 record labels left in the world now because they have all merged.. there really isnt many options..  :shrug:

Well Jay-Z has done a horrible job so far as Def Jam president in singing wack rappers like Young Jeezy and teeny bop singers like Teiarra Marie, maybe if he dropped them and signed Will, he'd be doing something right and I'd gain some respect for him no doubt, Universal controls Def Jam, Sony used to until around 2000, maybe Will should just start his own label, he has the money to do it if he wanted to, that'd take a lot of time though and he's married man who does movies, so he won't have the time that Jay-Z does to only do that, I think that's why they didn't offer LL to be president 'cause that takes a lot of time to control a label when you do many things like acting/rapping and you have a family.

Edited by bigted