JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Your favorite non-mainstream tracks?

Schnazz

I don't recall seeing this before, so I thought I'd start up a new post. Everyone and their brother loves Summertime, and most of us on the forum dig the Lost And Found track, but what about some those lesser discussed tracks? What are some of your tracks you really appreciate that don't get much mention?

For me:

Just One Of Those Days - Great fun-loving story telling

Scary Story - The return to story telling, but now with more depth

I'm All That - Will's ego at it's largest, his delivery at it's sharpest, and Jeff's scratching at it's hottest.

"Y'all Know," I love the part when he's like "I rip rhymes for the flow of it, you know, the show of it, not the Benz 600 4 Door of it, I'm a rhyme regardless of earnin', long as my heart keeps burnin', I got's to keep burnin'."

"So Fresh" JJFP take it back to the old school with Biz Markie and Slick Rick, I love that track

"Uhhh" This song is great, both Will and Kel drop hot lyrics on this one.

code red

somethin like dis

im looking for the one (mainstream?)

cant wait to be with you

i wanna rock

scream

lets get busy baby

just one of those days

you saw my blinker bitch

damn, the list is endless :D

Candy, Don't Say Nothin,' Y'all Know, Chasin' Forever, Potnas, The Rain, No More, Afro Angel, Pump Me Up, Holla Back, How Da Beat Goes, Act Like You Know, Give Me Tonight, I Gotta Go Home, Swagga, If U Can't Dance (Slide), Lost + Found.

p.s. even tho' L+F officially only has 1 single so far, i strayed away from the songs advertised on the sticker on the front of the album...considering them a mainstream release.

"Ain't No Place Like Home" - I am in love with the instrumental. :hail: I wanna take long walks on the beach with it... possibly marry it. And Will's rhymes strike just the right note for the subject matter.

"He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper" - I actually listed this in my school newspaper's "Senior Edition" a few months ago as my favorite song ever. Will just tears it up on this track, and the beat is simple, but effective. Well placed scratching from Jeff.

"So Fresh" - Jazzy's scratching is top-notch here, also. Smooth beat, and the triumvirate of FP, Biz, and Slick Rick on the mic is hard to argue with. :trio: Fun track.

"Rock the House" - Vintage old school material right here. I love it. :dope: And I still love Ready Rock, even if he did turn out to be an embittered outcast in the end. :lol: (I just laugh at these things)

"Ya'll Know" - Powers, I love that you mentioned this! :iagree: I'm always happy to find a fellow fan of the most underrated track on Big Willie Style. Everything about it is classic -- and its lyrics inspired my beautiful forum signature. Don't know if anyone remembers :stickpoke: but one of the first things I did after joining here was to start a Ya'll Know appreciation thread.

HONORABLE MENTION :davidblaine:

"Pump up the Bass"

"Just One of Those Days"

"If You Can't Dance (Slide)"

"Yes Yes Y'all"

"Big Willie Style"

"Then She Bit Me"

"Loretta"

"Jazzy's Groove"

"The Reverend"

"As We Go"

"Too Damn Hype"

"Jeff Waz on the Beatbox"

(ummmmmm... that should do it :switch: )