JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Start of Afro Angel

Jonny 5

I was thinkin, the start of Afro Angel...

[You on the prowl now, downtown, searching for love

In all the wrong places, outside your radio stations

Hoping he with the new hit single, is trying to mingle,

Today he is me in your town, putting it down

You in the car with your friends following my limo around

Putting a bug in my boys ear

Your essence for free

You'll do anything for Omarr if he'll bring you to me

... sounds like it might have something to do with Loretta, what do you think? :stickpoke:

Nah....the Loretta character wouldn't be that crazy if a young FP hooked up with her. That would just make her a slightly crazy woman scorned. That would be him inviting that kinda consiquence whereas the Loretta stuff is totally FP being the victem cuz some crazy individual created their "releationship" and carried it out all on their own.

"Afro Angel" isn't supposed 2 be biographical tho.' The stories in that song are just 4 the song, not pulled from his real life. That's why it's told in a very story-based format. "Loretta" is biographical.

waiting outside a radio station is something "Loretta" would do. 

whOOOOO i just got mad chills readin that ... (maybe it was my air conditioner kickin in, i dunno LOL).... but thats some scary junk yo! quik story. I came home one nite last year with my g/f and my X was waitin outside my house, hopped out of MY car.... talkin bout a twilight zone dejavous...

i wanna see will do good with his next album, but I don't want 2 see him experience another "loretta' kinda situation to make a hit record! ...lmao

peace,

cookie

LMBO. yep!. and they're so bad over there, some of them are starting to harass fans, sayin they're Will, or tryna figure out if Will posts on the board.. Thats sum funny junk...

When they think its true,...i bet they get the word out in "lorettaville" and tons of lorettas/lorettos start pourin in... wish they'd spread the word to support the album like that... lol

peace,

cookie