JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Born to Reign Not that Bad

dkny2kx

Well if Tra-Knox never do anything else big in their careers they could still always tell their grandkids when they're old that they did an album with the greatest rapper ever!  :interesting:

And they can tell their grandchildren that as a result of their numerous appearances on the album, the album was mediocre in quality and a disappointment in sales... Lets hope that they have more exciting things to tell their grandchildren...

I don't think all of us would be that lucky to say that we recorded with Will, it's not that bad of an album that you say it is, the way you talk you make it sound like it was the worst album ever! :lolsign: I enjoyed that album the time it came out, in fact I didn't start not liking it until I started posting on this board, I never would call it my favorite one but I'd never call it wack, it's a good album, not a great album, I could name at least 10 commercial rap albums from 2002 that were worse than "Born To Reign", we hate on it more than fans that don't like Will, I haven't really heard anybody say bad things about it, I only skip 2 songs on that album when I play it.

Edited by bigted

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there's only about 100 of us posting here anyway, I'm sure the other 200,000+ might like it more, we're just being too critical, and btw I think "Born To Reign" got better reviews than "Lost and Found" has gotten so far by the critics, Will's the Michael Jordan of the rap game so that means he can't make a bad album, he just scored a solid 20 points instead of his usual 50 that's all, what do the millions of teens who listen to 50 Cent and Eminem know about good music anyway?

Edited by bigted

you gotta admit tho ted.. tra knox ruined that album  :stickpoke:

You're right about that, hearing them on all the tracks brought down the quality, who knows maybe that's why their album got shelved! :lolsign: Will could've gotten more quality singers like Usher, R.Kelly, and Boyz II Men on the album if he wanted to instead of Tra-Knox on all the tracks if he wanted to make a soul album and that would've made it a classic. The best thing Kel Spencer might ever do is that song "Uhhh" with Will if he doesn't ever get his career going himself. Personally I'd rather be on Will's worst album than not on any album, I don't think I'll be lucky enough to say that though. Honestly I never thought anybody liked "Code Red" as much as I do until I posted here either, I know a few ol' school hip-hop fans that say they like "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" as his best album and they talk about "Homebase" being classic but they don't mention "Code Red". I played "Born To Reign" for some of my friends in high school during my senior year and they liked it too.

Edited by bigted