Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Born to Reign Not that Bad

dkny2kx

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i had some great tracks like 1000kisses and momma knows. it is really sad that i did not get the promotion  deserved so that it could sell as much as it should

Eminem and Nelly albums had no good songs on them at all at that time, Will at his worst is better than 90% of the rap game, all of his his albums should go platinum, I thought Nas' "Nastradomous" was better than a lot of garbage that was selling at that time including Dr. Dre's "2001" which was half filler itself, hey if he's gonna diss "Willenium" and say its the worst album he's ever heard why show mercy on him? I thought "Momma Knows" is one of the better songs on there, I think "Born To Reign" and "Block Party" are my favorites but there's a handful of other good tracks on there, including "I Can't Stop", the only tracks that were awful were "Willow Is A Player" and "Maybe", the album's not that bad really compared to other rappers it'd be 9/10 but for his standards it's 5/10, just like I'd say "Lost and Found" is 10/10 compared to other rappers but for his previous work it'd be 8/10 'cause I think it's arguable that other of his albums are on the same level or better, only "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" gets 10s compared to everyone else and himself 'cause that is the landmark album that defines his career forever, unless he does another album with only Jazzy and no guest appearances but that's highly doubtful. Will experimented too much there, Common did the same thing back then but now they went back to the basics of being a great mc, hopefully Queen Latifah stops doing jazz too and rips the mic again, if it ain't broke don't try to fix it. :ShockRifle:

Edited by bigted

:iagree: Will's the Michael Jordan of the rap game no doubt, but "Born To Reign" made it seem like he was past his prime like MJ and it was time to maybe join him in retirement even though his worst effort is better than anything the average rappers have done so far, "Lost and Found" reassures that he still has more championship years left in him! I find it kinda ironic though that "Born To Reign" got better reviews from the media than "Lost and Found" did and "Code Red" got trashed reviews, well they give Eminem and 50 Cent high reviews so I guess I shouldn't believe the hype.

Edited by bigted

"the rain must flow so the seeds of joy might grow"

I think we'd never have gotten Lost and Found if it wasnt for Born to Reign. So for that I'm thankful  :wickedwisdom:

as westwood would say, EXACTLY! ive always thought that myself.

I think people make out that born to reign is worse than it really is. When u put it on you i forget that its not that bad. It is my 3rd least favourite jjfp album, but as ive said before its better than anything else that any other rapper came out with that year.

Well if Tra-Knox never do anything else big in their careers they could still always tell their grandkids when they're old that they did an album with the greatest rapper ever! :interesting:

Well if Tra-Knox never do anything else big in their careers they could still always tell their grandkids when they're old that they did an album with the greatest rapper ever!  :interesting:

And they can tell their grandchildren that as a result of their numerous appearances on the album, the album was mediocre in quality and a disappointment in sales... Lets hope that they have more exciting things to tell their grandchildren...

Well if Tra-Knox never do anything else big in their careers they could still always tell their grandkids when they're old that they did an album with the greatest rapper ever!  :interesting:

And they can tell their grandchildren that as a result of their numerous appearances on the album, the album was mediocre in quality and a disappointment in sales... Lets hope that they have more exciting things to tell their grandchildren...

:lolsign:

all of you are right, when i first heard the title track i was like, damn!

then the second song got worse and worse then black suites coming boosted it up a lil, then that section in the middle was good, then went down with i gotta go home. i thought momma knows wasnt that bad.