JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Born to Reign Not that Bad

dkny2kx

I was spinning my newly bought Born to Reign CD and its really slick... It has two non-men in black songs that are off the shizzle.

Check out Act like you Know and How da Beat goes.

Its really up tempo... these trax should have been re-released as extras on Lost and Found... What do ya'll think

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone here said Born To Reign was bad, it was just a minor let down after Willenium was so great. Still a good album just if anything seemed alittle tin on the ground on quality.

i think born to reign is an ok album but i feel like if i try to listen to it i cant listen to through the whole album. ill be like enough of this let me listen to willennium. give me tonite is my favorite track. i love when rap songs have violin and classical elements in them. it sounds so hot to me.

"Born To Reign" would be a great album for rappers like 50 Cent and Nelly but this is FP, so it's just average, there's some gems on it but you can't listen to it all the way through like you can most of the other albums, the "Born To Reign" intro and "Block Party" kept it from being mediocre, it was just like "And In This Corner..." after "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" when it didn't live up to how great "Willenium" was, it'll be interesting to see if Will could keep the momentum up on the next album after "Lost and Found", hopefully it could be like "Big Willie Style" after "Code Red", it's nice to play in the summer, especially when you're chillin' with the honeyz.

Edited by bigted

• Members

Born 2 Reign is my second favorite Will Smith album, and to be honest, I've been listening to it a lot more lately since L&F has gotten a little old. I'll probably get bored of b2r next and move to willenium.

Good thing Will has been doing this for 2 decades now... I have plenty to listen to when I get bored of one album.

"Born to Reign" is really average and its a disappointing album, not just in sales, but in content. I thought that once I heard the track "Born to Reign" that the album was gonna be like a Willenium continuation. But it went downhill - some tracks I just cant bear to listen to ..."I Can't Stop", "Momma Knows", "Willow Is a Player"....FP's WORST songs. ughh.. i expected alot more with this album.

• Members

I hate Willow Is a Player too. Although I Can't Stop is one of my favorites. I'm sure if I was a big Will Smith fan back then I would have been dissapointed with B2R simply because everything features Tra Knox, but just hearing the album for the first time this year like a unexpected bonus, I gotta say, I like the album a lot.

But yeah, Will is a player could be marked down as one of the all time worst Will Smith songs.