JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

U PLAY HITCH

In Hitch, FP talks about "basic principles." Well, this post is 4 those who wanna share experiences they have had on the dating front. Share what things u do when trying 2 impress the oppisite sex. This goes both ways tho.' If i share and idea, and one of u ladies thing it's wack, by all means, share your thoughts.

1st off, i'm gonna talk about the "Hollywood Factor" of 1st dates. I apply this 2 all the 1st few dates with another person. Now, the most important rule is 2 be yourself, but i think it's important 2 kick up your game a notch.

DA RIDE:

B4 every 1st date, i make sure the car is washed and cleaned out inside. If i honey can't be comfortable in your car, then u are in trouble. Make sure the gastank is full. U don't know if u'll end up going 4 a long drive, and stoppingt 2 fill up on gas is a waste of time. It totally messes up the flow of things and leaves her with an akward moment alone in your car. I also make sure i got CDs for every mood and 4 every taste in there. I got at least 5 really current popular CDs in the car, 1 R-N-B mix, 1 pop mix, and so on. If she's in2 something that i don't have, i roll up with the radio on and tell her 2 put on whatever she wants. Those songs u listen 2 on that 1st date may play an important part...so make sure they are something she dosen't mind listening 2. One thing that really impresses the ladies is if u have stuff like tissues in the glove compartment. As a guy, i NEVER think about having tissues in the car, but one time i waz taking a girl out and she waz kinda sick (cuz it waz winter) and she really needed tissues...ha ha. So the next time that happened, i had them and it amazing how impressed the girl waz...ha ha. Basically, just be prepared 4 that kinda stuff. It is NOT sexy 2 have unclean windows or a strong oder in your car...ha ha. Keep your stuff right. Oh yeah, safe sex is an important thing if u are getting down like that. But lets be real, any girl worth impressing is not gonan be giving it up anytime soon...WHICH MEANS DON'T HAVE ANY CONDOMS IN YOUR CAR. U wanna see a girl make up her mind that she dosent' wanna be with u...then have a condom in your glove compartment.

DA GEAR:

Don't be showing up 2 meet some girl looking all average. I'm not saying overdo it. But just make sure your gear is straight (not wrinkled, faded, stained, tasteless). If u have clean cut, make sure u are shaved. Make it look like u made a lil' effort 2 look good 4 her. She may not wanna get any closer in front of other people if u aren't taking car or yourself. Check those finger nails and all the stuff alotta guys like 2 overlook. If this girl is a girly girl...don't show up thugged out. That may be u, but u dont' wanna give her an image of yourself that isnt' totally true which could make her make up her mind about u b4 she gets 2 know u. And lastly, there is no excuse 2 ever wear a sleevless shirt.

DA ATTITUDE:

It's all about respect. If she wants 2 talk your ear off, let her do it. Don't cut her off or run your mouth. If she wants 2 get 2 know u, she'll ask. Most ladies love 2 talk...so let her do it. Also, it's can't hurt 2 actually listen. While u are talking, it's good 2 steer away from really deep talk on a 1st date. Don't talk about politics, religion or anything like that. Unless she gets in2 that stuff on her own. Lastly, watch your mouth. Don't hit her with non-stop cussing. It's just tasteless and disrespectful. As somebody who dosen't cuss, i can't stress how much less attractive a honey has gotten after she cusses alot.

DA AFTERMATH:

When the nite is over, u want 2 leave that girl with a bubbly, happy, positive feeling that will make her anticipate the next time u see each other. One top of that, it's a good idea 2 leave her with something from the date as a gift. Even if it's small, if she has something that she can keep as a visual, it'll make her think about the good time she had with u. Don't be stubborn and think my advice is trash. U should see it as a privilage 2 be with that girl...so it's worth putting in that work. First dates are about impressions. After all, that's all the girl is going 2 go on when it come 2 if she wants 2 see u again. From there on, u get 2 know each other more and more.

man ya'll over there in H-town got it really easy to impress man, come to london some time girls trip thoes tips are straigh up depending on the girl..... by the way having all that music isn't nessacary if ya wit cha girl and u wanna impress TALK TO HER!!!!! don't friggen put on music in their eyes its either a way to push that part away, or you tryna suduce them.. sometimes its a good way to interact ya'll can sing togather :lol: haha but anyways on a first date you should really try to find something you both like to talk about so it gives a strong feeling in the relationship.... i know girls say that ebing tooo nice makes you seem desperate but that aint nessacarily true, try it a couple of times throw some compliments and eurrthnag in there see how she responds.... dont use compliments like "your hot" "i like your hair" and that type of crap, i mean its a compliments but ROMANCE is what relationships are about use some smooth moves like "your beautiful" , and anything poetic think shakespear "i love the way your eyes glisten in the star light".... see it leaves them thinking damn... when talkign dont ask about their family and who they know, NOONE CARES! maby throw in one life question or two here and there, but no family crap unless it turns out one of them are sick, or dieing then show all the support you can... also try and throw in punchlines here and there make a laugh!!! and when playing games dont let them win TEACH! because they know if they can't play and they know if you let them win... i've been with many girls in my life and im only 14 ill get pics soon and post em up

F2D, i'm tellin' u. Music is I-M-P-O-R-T-A-N-T. U notice how a soundtrack can sometimes make a movie? The music involved will serve as the sountrack 2 your nite. And like a movie, u don't just hear music...u hear it UNDER the talking. Music is for the vibe...4 the mood. A few days after the date, she's gonna hear a song on the radio, and she's gonna think about the nite she spent with u.

And i totally disagree with the "poetic" stuff like "i love the way your eyes glisten in the star light" is just mad corny. U say something like that, and most girls will make a face that looks like they just swallowed a bug. Real romance comes later, as the relationship has grown. When u get closer 2 someone, that's why u can start taking risks with what u can say.

ps. F2D, don't even try 2 compare numbers when it comes 2 the ladies...ha ha

It's all about respect.  If she wants 2 talk your ear off, let her do it.  Don't cut her off or run your mouth.  If she wants 2 get 2 know u, she'll ask.  Most ladies love 2 talk...so let her do it.  Also, it's can't hurt 2 actually listen.  While u are talking, it's good 2 steer away from really deep talk on a 1st date.  Don't talk about politics, religion or anything like that.  Unless she gets in2 that stuff on her own. 

So true...

When the nite is over, u want 2 leave that girl with a bubbly, happy, positive feeling that will make her anticipate the next time u see each other.  One top of that, it's a good idea 2 leave her with something from the date as a gift.  Even if it's small, if she has something that she can keep as a visual, it'll make her think about the good time she had with u.

Keep it in check though. A friend of mine always showed up on first dates with a dozen roses. For a lot of girls, that's WAY too much. If ya want to go the rose route, a single rose can go a long way.

Well being a girl and all, I'll tell you what I like. I like when I go out with a guy and can feel comfortable with him. Personally, I don't like asking ALL the questions so I like when the guy tries to get to know me. And as for the music...it actually is pretty important. If we're in the car and he just has loud music on, it feels like he's more into the music. I hate riding in the car and the music is on and then everytime you talk, he turns the music down. Keep the music light, but there.

Corny pickup lines don't really impress me either. Just say nice things every once in a while. A sense of humor is ALWAYS a good thing. If a guy can make me laugh, then it just makes the overall mood sooo much better. Other than that, I just like when everything is kept nice and easy and like there's no pressure to go anywhere. Just have fun.

good tips AJ... i'm definitely taking notes right now. i woulda never thought of the tissue thing myself! i guess i could always keep some in the glove compartment lol. i like the lil gift thing too, although it seems like kind of a pain when u gotta buy somethin for every first date u go on.

Yeah, like i stressed...keep it small. A dozen roses is just crazy. When u are getting to know someone, u gotta make that foundation of friendship b4 taking things further. Going over the top is a bad idea...even when things flow like that, there's a chance u'll later find out that u fell head over heels real fast and now u don't know what 2 do.

p.s. Wes, i waz totally ignorant 2 the tissue thing 2. It's one of those things u would never think about until it's 2 late.

I know somebody else has 2 have some things they can share here.

wow AJ thos tips look good to me. The gift thing is a great idea, we love that lol. I also think that the lines just end up corney. Only very few confident people can pull them off.

What puts me off is:

1. funky breath, there is nothing worse than being in a noisy club and some guy trys to talk to u in your ear and it just smells nasty.

2. respect, some guy also told me i was "f***ing beautiful", i did not appreciate the swearing, im a lady lol.

3. Then the worse thing to do is to expect a girl to give it up that easy e.g condoms is the car as AJ pointed out. I went out on valentines day once and it was dinner in a hotel, i thought it was just dinner, but no the creep booked the hotel room without me knowing. Do i look like a slut. :jada:

However i can only give advise as what not to do bcoz i only attract weirdos. :ShockRifle:

That's some dope advice there AJ, I couldn't say it better myself, in fact I'm taking notes! :interesting:

That was some pretty good advice AJ... altho I 'do' remember tens of conversations when you've revealed tha suave side of u,... things u do to keep a woman interested. haha... :lol: (ei... just give her enough to keep her interested...) ill keep the rest 4 now tho. lmbo

Its been so long since I've dated,... I can't even begin to share what interests me anymore,...but for starters, I will keep what AJ has mentioned in mind. Flowers are really gentleman~ish. I've had one gentleman to do that for me, and it was the most beautiful spring bouquet of tropical flowers... it blew me away,...

I like the idea of a guy who can cook. Cooking together is really fun on a first pre~date kinda thingy for me strangely, before actually going out on a date...

(if u got ur own place, not at ur parent's place lol) Guys, it won't hurt either for a woman to offer to pick up the tab if u take her to dinner. It shows you that she is not selfish, and actually considerate. Weather or not you let her pick up the tab, is on you. But as your sister, I'd say remember her gestures in the back of ur mind, but get the tab anyways...

haha. I would love to see a video of AJ and alot of u guys on a first date, i bet u guys would be really nervous... haha... Just let the conversation flow. If she talks, yes, listen,...but talk too, because I can take a conversation from one subject to another...specially if I feel like Im doing all the talking, and he's not interested,... you better believe Im already thinking... ugh! hes boring, and I am NOT enjoying the night. So i will definately talk about everything in the world, asides leaning towards an intimate conversation. so please, be somewhat interesting, without the boring conversations...

peace,

cookie

Great advice AJ, now for my 2 Pence (yes I'm in England!)...

About 2 hours before going out, do about 30 mins of exercise to burn off any nervous energy, I found this works really well. I'm not talking about weight training or anything - just a jog or a bike ride. Obviously have a shower afterwards...

Chocolate is always good, something about the chemicals in it I think... just not too much though!