JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Its Offical

Fresh-Ta-Def

It's funny, cuz even tho' i'm not a fan of his...i feel like going 2 his website 2 see if he has a website...then tell him how it is. Bad Boy isn't the best label, but i think he fit in there. G-Unit is just awful no matter how u look at it. I own Faith and Total albums...but i'll never buy and album associated with G-Unit. Their music is awful and their artists dont' have any redeeming qualities when it comes 2 talent.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Mobb Deep has done anything cool since they 1st came out...that's just my opinion tho.' I love M.O.P. but i haven't followed them very closely since the '90's. A few of the more recent things from them have been disappointing compared 2 their other stuff.

Mobb Deep's only dope album was their 1st album, everything else has been average and signing with G Unit only confirms that they've now headed for mediocre status, I won't even bother to check for their next album 'cause they're sell-outs too. :nhawong:

I'm not really that much into Mobb Deep but I wouldn't call them wack 'cause they're down with Run-Dmc and LL Cool J and they do some hot stuff in between, not as consistant as when they came out though in my opinion, on that note seeing them sign with G Unit doesn't really make much sense to me, especially since 50 Cent even dissed them too on a song he said something like, "I'm gonna do ya ass the way Jay-Z did Mobb Deep", they're punks to sign to somebody that dissed them, they might as well sign to Def Jam then 'cause at least Jay-Z puts out better quality than 50 Cent, even Prodigy said that they signed there just for the money, he should gave a holla at his homeboy LL though if he needed some paper, they're a dissapointment now where before I didn't really just pay much attention to them, I'd rather keep my pride and be broke than work for somebody that's dissin' me. :noooo: The title of Public Enemy's future album could be used towards sell-outs like them, "How You Sell Your Soul To Souless People?", it sounds like a good concept, I hope Chuck D disses these wack mcs a lot on that album when it comes out next summer.

EDIT: I noticed that Mobb Deep dissed 2Pac again last winter, that's gives me more reason to hate them, they should let the man rest in peace since he can't defend himself now, damn fools, I hope they flop with G Unit. :ShockRifle:

"Mobb Deep disses Tupac; Hussein Fatal to reply

Friday, November 19, 2004

A new track by Prodigy of Mobb Deep has been released on a mixtape in which Prodigy takes a shot at the late Tupac Shakur. "I only loved Tupac after his death, but man if we'd have bumped heads, you woulda been a mess." This follows a beef between Mobb Deep and Tupac and the Outlawz, after Mobb Deep dissed Tupac in 1995 for no reason other than the media fueld East/West beef.

Outlaw members, Napoleon, EDI, Kastro and Young Noble squashed the beef with Mobb Deep a few years ago, so it is surprising to hear such a shot from Prodigy. However, in true Outlaw style, Hussein Fatal, around whom along with the late Kadafi Tupac formed the Outlawz, is said to have recorded a reply to the diss."

Edited by bigted

I'm not really that much into Mobb Deep but I wouldn't call them wack 'cause they're down with Run-Dmc and LL Cool J and they do some hot stuff in between, not as consistant as when they came out though in my opinion, on that note seeing them sign with G Unit doesn't really make much sense to me, especially since 50 Cent even dissed them too on a song he said something like, "I'm gonna do ya ass the way Jay-Z did Mobb Deep", they're punks to sign to somebody that dissed them, they might as well sign to Def Jam then 'cause at least Jay-Z puts out better quality than 50 Cent, even Prodigy said that they signed there just for the money, he should gave a holla at his homeboy LL though if he needed some paper

At least he is onest.. :lolsign:

Edited by Turntable

That's true, at least he didn't try to hide that he's only in it for the money.

Who isn't in it for the money now? Nobody's saying "I got a talent that no one else had that can make money." Now it's just "I'm gonna make money this way." yet have no 'talent'. LL wanted the girls and chains, yet he had a talent that no one else had ever seen. He exploded on the mic wit style. Nobody even does that today. Guys like Mike Jones, 50 Cent, etc. will yell on the mic and without style. U can't understand 'em.

The Style of Materialism has changed, not the attitude of it. From 'the fat gold chains' to 'the ice out diamonds and platniums'. Really, what's the difference? I think that the whole deal of that in the 80s was to show how big it really was, not just a fad that's gonna be gone. Hip Hop set itself apart from other genres.

I doubt it'll be anything better than what they've done recently, even though it ain't all that, there's been a lot of crap I heard comin' out on G Unit, how many good albums came out from there? Mobb Deep should sign with a label with more quality than that, they've been in the game for a decade, they should be smarter than that, you could sell a lot on G Unit but there's no quality, artists on less popular labels get good money too. I don't see Mobb Deep breakin' that streak and btw we all have choices in life to make money, you could be Lost or Found to make it but the Found ones will win in the end even though the lost ones might have more sometimes than the found, like I try to be found by going to college to find myself a good career while somebody else my age might be trying to take the easy way out acting lost by selling drugs or going into prostitution, but 5 years from now I'll be having a nice career while the ones who're living the fast life could die of AIDs or get shot even though they might be having more money than me right now, it's just like that between Will Smith and 50 Cent, Will Smith will still be in the game making albums 5 years from now and 50 Cent will be laughed at by the public and his career will be over, it takes longer to get ahead when you be honest sometimes but in the end you win, when you sell your soul out you'll suffer eventually 'cause the wrong things you've done to people'll come back to you, JJFP and LL Cool J are great examples that you could keep your soul and make money at the same time, I look up to them not Mobb Deep or 50 Cent.

Edited by bigted

Well said, Ted, Will and LL prove you can be successful with making good music, not using profane language or degrading others, those are the people who are true artists, who love hip-hop, but unfortunately, the vast majority of rappers today are just in it for the money.

Anybody who worships money and talks about it nonstop is clearly not an artist 2 me. They are just a heartless, greedy puppet. U can't get any further from Hip-Hop than that.

Listen 2 FP's flow...he puts his heart in2 his music. Everything about what he dose personifies what an artist is. 50 isn't artistic....Ja-Rule isn't artistic...it's just crappy music. I listened 2 Mobb Deep a lil' bit back in the day cuz my best friend liked them alot. They didn't bug me then. Since then, i just thought they made crappy music. And the last few years, i've thought they were a joke. Them moving 2 G-Unit is just them hitting rock bottom 2 me. Look at all the commerical artists who make label changes 2 label who have a strong image, established artists sell out 2 fit in with that label almost everytime.