JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What was will trying to accomplish on Lost+Found

Was ihe trying to make a classic a comeback or_______?Anyways the the made me look at will in a completly different way. He should name his next CD The King Of Bel-Air lol i had this idea for awhile now and it should be a reunion with DJ Jazzy Jeff and it should be like Lost+Found plus his older stuff anyways...

i dont really think he was trying to accomplish anything, he was just doing what he loves for the fans. I think if he gets anything from it whether it be money, an award, a classic album it will be a bonus for Will.

Im sure he wants it to be as successful as possible bcoz Wills so ambitious, but hes just doing what he does. :word:

I don't think that Will was really trying to accomplish anything per se... He just decided to do a more personal album.

However, I don't think that he put Lost and Found out just for his fans. The album has a lot to say concerning the state of hip hop and his personal opinions on the way the culture is headed as well as a number of other topics. I think that there are tracks on Lost and Found that were made to address the hip hop community in addition to the fans: Lost and Found, I Wish I Made That.

If he was trying to accomplish anything, perhaps it may have been to deliver an important message to the hip hop community... But I don't think he views this as a come back album.

Yes, Born 2 Reign wasn't that good and didn't do that well... But that was more of an anomaly for Will than anything else.

I think Will was venting a little bit this album, in interviews, he has said that he has always held back his personal opinions a little bit, but let it go on this album, and the result was great. He portrayed the rap game right now quite accurately on tracks like Lost and Found, and I Wish I Made That. Even in the third verse of Party Starter, he takes shots at record labels. The album has all kinds of different songs, and overall, he did a great job with it.