JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Method and Red

bigted

What's up y'all I missed the new show "Method and Red" that debuted on FOX last night, did anyone watch it? Is it worth watching? Are Method Man and Redman as funny on the show as they were in "How High"? :dunno: Holla at me!

I caught it. After seeing the commerical 4 the show, my expectations were really high. Me and my friend Marivien made sure we kept our nite free 2 catch the show. However, the show didn't meet my expectations at all. It just wazn't nearly as funny as i wanted and the story waz really weak. Some of it waz a lil' corny, but it waz obvious that they didn't care. They had this awful, fake laff track after the jokes that i couldn't tell if it waz supposed 2 be bad or not (that's how bad it waz). It waz cool 2 see them on TV with their own show bringing a dab of Hip-Hop culture 2 basic TV...but that's about it. The main story line waz about them moving 2 a rich neighbor hood and how they were outcasted from all the rich white folks who were trying 2 get them 2 move out of the community. They eventually got 2 stay at the end. However, it did alot of the overdone jokes that many black vs. white shows/movies/ themes have in them. Definitly nothing new here at all. I'll continue watching it cuz alot of shows need 2 find themselves when they start out b4 they get good...just don't expect much. Both me and Miv were kinda like "that's the end??...hmmmm...that waz average...at best."

I heard an interview this morning on a local radio station say that Method and Red arent happy with the sitcom because they arent letting them get more involved with the decisions. I guess they said the want it to be more "ghetto" its not ghetto enough.

Yeah, i think they were hilarious in How High and i thought this show would have had comedy on the same level...but it's no where near it. I think that's why the show isn't that great, cuz they need 2 be behind more of the show. Hopefully they get that chance b4 they cancel it. As i look back, i can kinda see how the acting waz kinda not there...cuz they felt it waz so stupid that they didn't feel comfortable with it.

• Members
I watched it... For two rappers trying to make in the tv industry, its pretty good actually. No where near How High of course, but it was still decent. As you guys said, theyre not involved enuff and it'll probably get cancelled Edited by badboys

I just read in the paper that Method Man isn't too happy about it. He said that him and Red have done a lot of compromising while Fox hasn't done nearly enough. He called a lot of the jokes corny (those jokes are in there for "middle America)

He also said he didn't know about the laugh track. He said "this show doesn't need it". And when you look at it, I have to fully agree. It looks like Fox is trying to get this thing cancelled.

God Blessa!

I hope that the show doesn't get cancelled 'cause it's pretty good, but I'd like to see them more involved in the creative aspect of the show. :werd: I'm gonna keep on supporting it 'cause it's a lot better than shows that other rappers come with, but I don't think there'll be another sitcom by a rapper as successful as "The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" was. :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...
I havn't seen any of the episodes since the 1st. Have they been any better?!? I'd like it 2 get better cuz i really didn't like the 1st episode. Most of the humor waz like 10 years old and the story waz so weak. Let me know what's gone on in the other episodes!!