JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Anybody else surprised Will sold 600k so far?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

600000 is great. But, if you'd asked me on the 26th of March I would of laughed if you'd told me it wasn't going to go platinum. But of course that was before Interscope screwed up. I think if Tell Me Why is realised it's gonna have a positive impact, people should check out the album after hearing the emotion on TMY. I don't really think Party Starter will have much of an effect, Tell Me Why will appeal to different people...

Will Smith ain't broke he's making $20 million a film and KRS-ONE is a millionaire 'cause he tours and makes about $5-10 dollars an album sellin' 90,000 albums on an independent label, no entertainer is broke, most of us fans are making minimum wage working 40 hours a week, we're broke, lol. Hey now even Kanye West released 4 singles on his last album and still didn't outsell 50 Cent who released the same amount on "Get Rich Or Die Tryin'", he only sold 2 million and he's a new artist, he should be selling more, Will's ol' school, going platinum is a miracle for him to make 'cause nobody from the '80s in rap does that anymore, I doubt that many people are gonna buy the Rev. Run and DMC solo albums even if Russell Simmons promotes them, Will was the last ol' school to get a platinum plaque on 'Willenium', Dr. Dre's "2001" had success then too but nobody's done it since, not even LL unless he means his worldwide sales when he talks about going platinum 11 times in a row, lol. Keep in mind too that some members of the media gave "Lost and Found" bad reviews too as you could see by the unadulterated hatemeter, lol, I think the Source only gave "Lost and Found" 3 mics too, which is a disgrace since it's Will's best solo album.

Edited by bigted

That's ridiculous, that Source only gave Will 3 Mics. It is horrible what qualifies for good music, Young Jeezy comes out and sells like 160K the first week, what is he talkin about, nothing at all.