JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

P. Diddy Changes his name

kbfprince

Diddy Drops the P.

"It's the era of Diddy."

So proclaimed the hip-hop impresario formerly known as Sean Combs, Puffy, Puff Daddy and now P. Diddy on Tuesday's Today Show, as he explained that he was changing his name once again.

The rap mogul last switched it up--from Puff Daddy to P. Diddy--in 2001, while seeking a "fresh start" after being acquitted on gun charges.

"I felt like the 'P' was getting between me and my fans and now we're closer," Diddy said.

"During concerts, half the crowd is saying 'P. Diddy'--half the crowd is chanting 'Diddy'--now everybody can just chant 'Diddy.' "

Whole article: http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/...2424676000.html

I know why he's calling himself Diddy now. Martha Stewart was in prison they called her M.Diddy. :lol:

I don't care what he calls himself. He can call himslef Captin Chrunch and I still wouldn't care.

I wonder what makes him think people care. I still call him Puffy anyway. And he really should have planned that sentence out better..."I felt like the P was getting between me and my fans."