JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jaden in "Pursuit"

Radewart

i like born 2 reign and wild wild west. :)

never saw legend of bagger vance, but back to topic.

:word: Me too. B2R could've done well if it was promoted well. There are some good songs on that. I liked Wild Wild West too. I think this movie will turn out ok, no need to be negative until we see what happens.

It would have done better... But it wouldn't have made it a better album...

But I agree that Will knows what he was doing with this, and I'm sure that he has surrounded himself with people who would give him good advice... I have no worries.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me2. I have no worries either. From what I have seen and read about Will he is a good father. I do think he's gonna push his kid 2 do anything he don't want 2 do. Besides I think since Jaden is 7yrs old I doubt Will is gonna push him 1 movie after another. Will ain't no Joe Jackson. He ain't gonna work his son to death.

Maybe Will sees this as a great experience for his son. So I think Will knows what he is doing. Yes Will did do WWW, B2R and Bagger Vance. But with Bagger it was just hard 4 ppl to relate 2 cause it use golf metaphor. WWW was just real silly. B2R could have been better. But hey what can you do. At least Will learned from his mistakes look he came back wit BB2, I, Robot, Shark Tale and Hitch. So Will knows what he is doing.

Having Jaden play the 2nd leading role may not go over too well with critics, but if Will honestly believes he can do it, then there shouldn't be a problem.

wtf why everyone being so negative

it'll be fine. will knows what hes doing

both good points we have here. i agree that the critics wont like this and probaly bash will for using his son, for some odd reason.

and i agree with cataboy, i cant put it better than he did.

I'm having my doubts about this movie

Just a gut feeling, I HOPE I'M WRONG

Why's that?

I don't know if the producers can handle this movie

Why wouldn't they be able to handle it? This is Overbrook. They did a pretty good job on Hitch...

This may not be a high grossing film like Hitch, but I think it's an inspirational story that is true... I think that the producers can handle it...

I know the movie will be great, just like all of the other Will Smith movies, we shouldn't really talk bad about the movie, because we don't know THAT MUCH about it. What's wrong with Will's son being in it, some people might not even know its will's son. I don't see the problem. This is a WILL SMITH movie that Overbrook is producing, so that means, its going to be a GREAT movie, just watch and see!

...and about the critics, they critisize (sp?) EVERY movie. No matter how good it is. Don't doubt a movie or critize it without even seeing it. I have faith in Will Smith, do you?

Why's that?

Why wouldn't they be able to handle it? This is Overbrook. They did a pretty good job on Hitch...

This may not be a high grossing film like Hitch, but I think it's an inspirational story that is true... I think that the producers can handle it...

My bad, I wasn't meaning the producers, I was actually indicating to the director,

Gabriele Muccino, who hasn't really made an impact as a director.

Why's that?

My bad, I wasn't meaning the producers, I was actually indicating to the director,

Gabriele Muccino, who hasn't really made an impact as a director.

Will recruited him, so he must like him. But, I hope he isn't just a pawn in Will and the other producers hand. I not knocking Will, but he's a big star, so he gets what he wants. I just hope they allow the director to make his vision of the film. That's why I kinda question the casting of Jaden. Was that the director's idea or Will's?

Well I doubt Will got the director so he can boss him around. Maybe Will brought him on board 4 this film cos he liked his vision 4 this film. Besides I never really heard Will make major demands with other directors that are his friends like Mike or Barry. And maybe it could have been the director's idea 2 have Jaden 2 play his son in the movie cos well he does look like his daddy. And it's a litttle cheaper cos you don't have a casting call looking 4 a kid that looks like Will.

Also we don't know if Jaden is in a good part of the movie he could just have a couple of lines and scenes and thats it maybe that why the director said ok.

Well I doubt Will got the director so he can boss him around. Maybe Will brought him on board 4 this film cos he liked his vision 4 this film. Besides  I never really heard Will make major demands with other directors that are his friends like Mike or Barry. And maybe it could have been the director's idea 2 have Jaden 2 play his son in the movie cos well he does look like his daddy. And it's a litttle cheaper cos you don't have a casting call looking 4 a kid that looks like Will. 

Also we don't know if Jaden is in a good part of the movie he could just have a couple of lines and scenes and thats it maybe that why the director said ok.

They did have a casting call for the part. I talked to some people's whose kid's auditioned, It's a major role. I feel kinda bad for the kids, was their time wasted for Jaden to just end up getting the part. It just looks bad.

Yall, they probably cast Jaden for a good reason, and we can't say it was wrong because we don't know why they casted him. Jaden will do fine, and the movie will be great, have a little faith...

They did have a casting call for the part. I talked to some people's whose kid's auditioned, It's a major role. I feel kinda bad for the kids, was their time wasted for Jaden to just end up getting the part. It just looks bad

Well maybe they didn't find what they were looking for so the pick Jaden as a last resort. But still have alittle faith that Jaden can do it besides he does have a great acting coach.