JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Mase With G-unit

Fresh-Ta-Def

http://www.rapgodfathers.com/index.php?opt...d=397&Itemid=27

Ma$e is back…with G- Unit?!?!

Written by GodFather

Monday, 15 August 2005

In a surprise move, Ma$e popped up on the latest G Unit Radio show on Shade 45 to announce his return to the rap game. In addition, he spoke about religion, slain rapper Big L and a possible album release on G-Unit Records.

“It’s the music I wanna make, not the music everybody wants me to make,” he told DJ Whoo Kid. When asked to elaborate on what that meant he simply said, “the Ma$e you know, ” indicating that Murda Ma$e might be back.

Ma$e also addressed his religious obligations, which were often the topic of conversation upon his first return. “At the end of the day, all dudes have God somewhere in their hearts, so let’s just put that to the side and do music.” He later went on to add: “All I need is two inspirational records… the other 16 are going to be Ma$e.”

No topic was too sensitive on the satellite radio show and a usually reserved Ma$e had plenty to say. He hinted at having some of his rhymes stolen from former rhyme partner and slain rapper Big L

“Big L brought me on the scene and I used to rhyme with him… when they used to do records, God bless the dead they would never put me on the records. But all of the hot lines he was saying, and even in his grave I gotta tell this, those were my lines. I used to say those lines in the park and they would put them out in song.”

On his relationship with P. Diddy : “It’s really nothing personal, I just don’t want to be there,” he said, referring to Bad Boy Records, “and I already proved if I don’t feel it I won’t work.”

So what will Ma$e be like when he comes back? “I ain’t going 50 [Cent] though, I’ma be right in between, I ain’t gon’ be Usher neither.” Look for Ma$e on the upcoming “Get Rich or Die Trying” soundtrack.

Last Updated ( Monday, 15 August 2005 )

I never really liked Mase that much but him going back to swearing again after being a pastor is low, he should just retire instead of embarassing himself sounding all gangsta after talkin' all that righteous talk, he's a damn hypocrite! :eusa_snooty: People're gonna diss him hard too for him sayin' that Big L took lines from him, that's just stupid, Big L was a great lyricist and Mase is wack, that doesn't make sense. I'm sick of all this G Unit crap, I'm gonna boycott buying anything from them, I won't even waste time downloading that crap, I got more Big Daddy Kane albums to buy than to waste time on that garbage, it's sad to see what hip-hop has become, Will's the only role model out there these days.

Edited by bigted

I don't think boycotting will do much. Can you honestly say you would have bought a GUNIT item, regardless, though? you seem to hate them a lot..this can't be the only think stopping you form buying their items.

^^NO HATE! lol..don't read it wrong.

I never really liked Mase that much but him going back to swearing again after being a pastor is low, he should just retire instead of embarassing himself sounding all gangsta after talkin' all that righteous talk, he's a damn hypocrite!  :eusa_snooty:  People're gonna diss him hard too for him sayin' that Big L took lines from him, that's just stupid, Big L was a great lyricist and Mase is wack, that doesn't make sense. I'm sick of all this G Unit crap, I'm gonna boycott buying anything from them, I won't even waste time downloading that crap, I got more Big Daddy Kane albums to buy than to waste time on that garbage, it's sad to see what hip-hop has become, Will's the only role model out there these days.

:word: people were SO hyped when he did "Welcome Back" and they were "oh he's gone positive now" i said give it 6 mths. then he pretty much disappeared now he's back and talking about doing music this way he def. looks like a hypocrite to me

I don't think Mase has really influence me not to buy G Unit albums regardless, nothing could, but anybody that wants to be down with that garbage that shouldn't even be called hip-hop, they're all selling their souls, they ain't expressing much, Will summed it up perfectly here of how rappers like them are:

"The genesis of the genecide

You and your boys trying to decide

What to write but your pen is a sword

And the blade is being forged

Young minds getting gorged

States have been altered by liquor by weed

And then hate gets exalted as art falls to greed

Choices is made

As the voices is layed

On the track

Contract your souls away

Soldier rage

Did you see his new benz

But the mic is the syringe

Now you proud of your

Got a lot of new friends

Got a lot of new ends

Bought a house up in the hill

Frontin shouts to the pen

Giving false accounts

Of your accounts amounts amounts to fan treason

Stands to reason

Since your inception

Laced with deception

And read false affection and must perish"

I'm hoping some mcs that've been expressing themselves for years that go unnoticed will get more recognition in the future, something needs to be done to clean hip-hop up, these rappers with fame are lost, if Mase really stood for something he'd continue doing that even if he sold less instead of just joining G Unit just to sell more albums, I'm happy that Will hasn't done anything like that and tried makin' that "Get Rich Or Die Tryin'" bulls*** just to please more kids but instead he made a real album with heart "Lost and Found" and that's keepin' it real!

Edited by bigted

Mase is a sell-out. His last record didn't do what he's 1st one did...so now he's gonna be a wanna be gangsta and wanna be playboy again. Mase has the wackest voice and flow in rap. And his lyrics are best when they are carefree and party fluff...cuz otherwise, they are just stupid. I actually kinda resptected him 4 what he did on his last album cuz it seemed like he waz doing what he should be...but now i see that he's a money hungy sell out. Either u are a man of God or u aren't. U can't be a spiritual and then be mr. hardcore "Murda Mase"...puh-leeze!

Run is a reverand. He might not have the cleanest people collaborating with him, but he dosen't go around being a hypocrite. FP dosen't push he's religous beliefs on his fans, but his music has always been respectful.

Mase is a joke, period.

Sell out is damn right. How can he talk so positive, play it up, preach about God then say he can "put it to the side" when it comes to music. Hell, he went against the grain and made decent songs on Bad Boy.

And G-Unit of all groups to hook up with... I hope all of those slow talking, bad rapping, "me time" punks enjoys their heaven on earth. Life will come back to get you.

God Blessa!

I was gonna stay out of this thread but I couldn't so here I go.

(Gets up and stands on soap box. LOL)

I'm very disappointed with Mase. He is supposed to be a minister and he's going to G-Unit? Now I have no right to judge him but at the same time he's supposed to be setting an example of how a Christian is supposed to conduct him/herself. I'm really not seeing how he's supposed to be a minister on one hand but going back to his "Murda Mase" persona on the other. He's gotta choose - Christ or money.

(Gets off soap box and prays that Mase will make the right choice)