JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Tony Yayo Album

Frenetic

How the hell is this **** allowed to be released for the public? It's AWFUL!

I mean... 50 cent got hot beats.. LLoyd Banks got hot beats and some nice themes. Young Buck got hot beats and they all know how to make hits with hooks and ****.

But this new YAYO **** is awful. The beats are really, really bad. His lyrics and flow is incredibly bad and repetative.

**** has hitten rock bottom.

It leaked 2 days ago. Getting released 30th august (Same day as kanye west)

At least we know that Kanye is gonna beat someone on the album chartss then. That's wierd because that "So Seductive" i actually like.

Hopefully that's the case but since 50 Cent's still outsellin' Will Smith then I don't know if that could happen, G Unit has a large fanbase, I heard that Mase might be joining the G Unit bandwagon too, I guess he turned from a preacher to a gangsta again.

I heard that Mase might be joining the G Unit bandwagon too, I guess he turned from a preacher to a gangsta again.

I don`t believe that..He`s a friend of the Terror Suad Crew and he is like Tha Man at Bad Boy Records so why should he?

Yeah I know, that'd be stupid if he did that, but after hearing Mobb Deep joining G Unit nothin' surprises me anymore, he was at a G Unit concert last week with Tony Yayo so that could be a possibility, rappers are sellin' their souls just to sell more albums! :nhawong:

Edited by bigted

I've only heard the one song on the radio...and quickly changed the station. Like all the other G-Unit stuff, it's trash. I don't even think any of those guys had good beats. They are all light weight processed beats. I think i heard like 2 beats that were given 2 Lloyd Banks that weren't bad...but other than that. It's all bad...just awful. I can't wait til G-Unit stuff just crashes and burns.

Yeah Dr. Dre's producing ain't the same as "The Chronic" days anymore, a lot of them sound too similar and predictable but the G Unit rhymes make it even worse, maybe if Dre got high skilled mcs like Rakim, Heavy D, or Big Daddy Kane on those beats it'd sound better and it's wack that Tony Yayo's on a major label and Kel Spencer can't get no recognition.

Edited by bigted

Dr. Dre knows what's good and what's bad...i just don't think he cares anymore. Look at the people he works with...they aren't talented so why put lots of work in2 it?!? Sad but true. I bet the beats on Rakim's album were dope...simply cuz Rakim dosen't settle 4 less than the best.

Did that Rakim album ever get released? I was reading some old articles on MTV.com from '03 about his new album then like a week later things with Dre split. What happened since?

What also happened with Heavy D? Wasn't he signed to Bad Boys like last year or somethin? Whats goin on?

I think the only reason I can stand 50 cent/Game songs is because Dre produces them. Dre is a great producer, one of the best no doubt.

P. Diddy shelved Heavy D's album I think, New Edition left but at least their album came out, Bad Boy Records is officially dead if Mase decides to leave, well maybe P. Diddy'll retire then and just do commercials, lol. Rakim was planning to start his own label but I heard recently Talib Kweli's trying to start his own label and sign Rakim. Dr. Dre sucks now, he's too overrated now, there's a lot of better producers out now, he ain't the greatest no more, he doesn't even produce all the stuff himself anymore, Jazzy Jeff has been more consistant in his career than him and deserves to be called the greatest producer, the beats Jazzy produced on "Willenium" are better than "2001", those "Lost and Found" remixes that Jazzy did need to come out to prove it, even though I'd say even some of those beats that Freshman did sound more creative than what Dr. Dre has done these days, he's fell off hard, listening to "The Chronic" and then listening to songs he's done for G Unit is like the difference between major leagues and minor leagues, working with G Unit has killed his creativity, he needs to work with legends, he should sign Big Daddy Kane and produce an album for him.

Edited by bigted

I would be extremely disappointed if Mase joined the G-Unit, he's one of the few rappers who seems to have his head on straight right now. Yeah, Yayo is trash, just as bad as 50. The only member of the G-Unit I can listen to is Lloyd Banks.

After listening to 50 Cent and Tony Yayo, P. Diddy and Mase sound like Rakim and Big Daddy Kane, I'd rather see them selling millions of albums again and I'm not even a fan of them like that either.