JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jamie Foxx gives Will props

TopDawg14

In the latest issue of Vibe Magazine, Jamie Foxx is ranked #1 on Vibe's 100 Hottest People, Places and Things(no, Will did not make the list).

Here is the excerpt where Jamie discusses Will:

And that became his new credo: giving it all. Foxx said Michael Mann was unfamiliar with his previous level of stardom, even after Any Given Sunday, but he was cast as "Bundini" Brown in Ali because Will Smith knew his old friend was gonna give it everything he had...

Now he's in a position where he can play the definitive leading man, but more often than not, he chooses to be part of an ensemble... But surprisingly, Foxx prefers to be the second in charge. "I always consider myself like Ed McMahon. I think of Will Smith as Johnny Carson. You know how hard it is to be Johnny Carson? All I gotta do is play my role. Laugh when it's funny. And when it ain't funny, I'm giving you my advice. That's perfect for me."

Edited by TopDawg14

That's nice that Jamie Foxx gave props to Will but they put him at #1 in the Vibe's hottest people list and didn't mention Will? "Ray" is the only great movie Jamie Foxx has done so far, that really hyped him up, I like "Any Given Sunday" too but the only reason he got that role is 'cause he could throw a football, Will's been more consistant than him.

That's nice that Jamie Foxx gave props to Will but they put him at #1 in the Vibe's hottest people list and didn't mention Will?  "Ray" is the only great movie Jamie Foxx has done so far, that really hyped him up, I like "Any Given Sunday" too but the only reason he got that role is 'cause he could throw a football, Will's been more consistant than him.

Jamie's been on a bit of a roll since Any Given Sunday. I think he got the role because he could do a little more than throw a football. He actually gave a real good acting performance. He really surprised me in Ali. His road to A-list movie status is really no different than Will's. The only difference is that Will has had more blockbusters.

I'm not surprised that Vibe wouldn't have Will on their list. Like all other magazines and industries, they're only interested in what's hot right now. It's all about bottom line for them.

That's nice that Jamie Foxx gave props to Will but they put him at #1 in the Vibe's hottest people list and didn't mention Will?  "Ray" is the only great movie Jamie Foxx has done so far, that really hyped him up, I like "Any Given Sunday" too but the only reason he got that role is 'cause he could throw a football, Will's been more consistant than him.

Jamie's been on a bit of a roll since Any Given Sunday. I think he got the role because he could do a little more than throw a football. He actually gave a real good acting performance. He really surprised me in Ali. His road to A-list movie status is really no different than Will's. The only difference is that Will has had more blockbusters.

I'm not surprised that Vibe wouldn't have Will on their list. Like all other magazines and industries, they're only interested in what's hot right now. It's all about bottom line for them.

:iagree: Who ever is the flavor of the month always gets top billing in magazines in stuff. Truw Will has been doing alot of serious roles than Jamie has. Like Legend of Bagger Vance, Ali, 6degrees, and Where the Day Takes You. Will has been working really hard to prove that he can serious/drama roles. But this Will is such a niceguy he gives props 2 other ppl that probably has not done as much work as him but it don't matter 2 him. Nice 2 Jamie giving props 2 Will. I think he knows that Will hardly gets any credit in those type of mags so that why he took the time 2 give credit 2 Will. I would like 2 see them in a movie together. :dope:

Jamie Foxx admitted that he got the role of Willie Beaman 'cause he threw a football better than Puffy, who was originally up for the leading role, that sorta did change Jamie's career for the better, before that he was just an average comedian with a sitcom, you could sorta say that his career is on the same path as Will's except "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" was more successful and groundbreaking since Will was a rapper having a #1 sitcom, Vibe always hates on Will so that's not surprising, they even said that he sounded like Eminem on his "Lost and Found" album! :jada: Most magazines would rank Will at the top of their lists since Will's the most popular entertainer out, Vibe is just haters.