JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Can't Be For You

mfuqua23

Hey y'all. I had a rough talk with some girl and obviously I vented out my emotions in the lyrics. But I'm not stressed over. Just got inspired to write. I had always wanted to write like this. I mean I can't sing like I want to, so I guess I'll leave that in the hands of some others. If that were the case, I don't think I'd be rappin'. Maybe. :shrug: Anyway, peep the lyrics. Remember I'm new at this.

August 13, 2005 (12:00 p.m. - 12:52p.m.)

You had my love

But you didn't have my heart

You took my money

and that didn't split us apart

But I saw something new in you

Got to figure how to handle it

There's a many a girls to be in your place

One that will treat me right

Better beauty in the face

I take the time, to sit on down

Tell you how I'm feelin' right now

Get out of my life

I don't care what you do

My love girl, it Can't Be For You

CHORUS

No way to explain, a simple statement

Stay away from me

Your the type of girl

that a man like me

just don't need

Your word means nothing

I'm thru with you

And I just Can't Be For You

Sittin' at my bedside

Playin' things in back of my mind

I don't know why in the world

I would ever try to make you mine

You never cared about me

And that's fine, because I'm movin' on

You broke our relationship

but my heart will stay strong, oh

CHORUS

Spoken Word: All I ever wanted to do, was be good to the girl I found. Already knew things weren't perfect, but it's feeling even more hopeless now. So whenever I chill at night, I think of nothing of what we were. I may regret, but you somehow got both of what you did and didn't deserve.

End Out: It's no more

You lost it all, it's all gone, baby

It's no more

Over for-ever...

• Members

I like that one, I wrote some similar stuff here on the board so I know what you going through.

These are my favorite lines:

Sittin' at my bedside

Playin' things in back of my mind

I don't know why in the world

I would ever try to make you mine

As you said, it's nothing for a rap but it's your emotions and this is good even though you new to this! Good job!

That's great, it reminds me of a lot of the poems I write when I go through situations like that and I don't want to put it into a rap song, I just write a few lines like that, if I could sing better myself I'd probably wanna make an r&b album from all that I've wrote.

That's great, it reminds me of a lot of the poems I write when I go through situations like that and I don't want to put it into a rap song, I just write a few lines like that, if I could sing better myself I'd probably wanna make an r&b album from all that I've wrote.

Isn`t there a Singer on this Board?

Isn`t there a Singer on this Board?

No, not a one man. It's harder to post such a thing, expecially if no one has ever heard you. Funny thing, is I'm just gonna write on occassion like this as a lil R&B album like U were thinkin Ted. Thanks for the feedback also everybody.

btw, does anybody know the basic structure when these types of lyrics are written? Isn't there something called a bridge thrown in?

A bridge is sumthin thatis makin' you ready for the hook.

verse

bridge

hook

verse

hook

verse

bridge

hook

that's a typical structure of rnb lyrics.

i could try to find a singer for this track.

Crazy-E could do the beat.

and we got a hot rnb song.

oh i forgot to say that these sum good lyrics.

Here's an example in "Everytime" by Tatyana Ali (some people here have probably heard it)

Bridge: "I always said I'd never cry over you, but it's hard to hold back tears when your fears come true, I'm sitting here lonely just missing you, baby come home"

Chorus: "Everytime you go away, my heart goes with you, everytime you go away, my heart's torn in two, is there something I can say, won't you change the plans you made, 'cause my heart can't stand the pain, everytime everytime you go away"

So the bridge is the part that comes before the chorus.