JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

WillSmith Street Team

Fresh-Ta-Def

well i was looking at lerkots promotion project an i remembered when i used to be on the street team for sosodef...... well then i though to promote wills album and new single even further then the net we could put togather a street team... basically you go in stores and ask if you can give out panflits and post posters on walls and or telephone poles etc.... let me know what ya'll think about this it be really cool..

We used 2 street team all of his projects by creating websites, visiting other message boards, and just spreading the word. I think it's always important 2 promote your favorite artists. However, life is a lil' more demanding now, so my activity will be limited this time around. As long as an experienced person (or people) are runnin' thangs, i'm down 4 it. Maybe Tim should make it part of this site as long as the finsihed product isn't weak.

I'd like to help more but I got other priorities in my life too so I can't spend all day just talkin' about "Lost and Found", Will's also gonna have to help himself by releasing the video! :ninja: Maybe Will just doesn't really care that much about outsellin' 50 Cent as much as we do.

As much as i'd hate to spoil the moment. But Will Smith doesn't care about sales at all. He won't care if his album went gold like Born To Reign or 9x Platnuim like Big Willie Style. The matter of the fact is he makes his music for people to listen to. Not out selling other artists like 50 cent. He makes music for people who want to listen to it. And i believe that is the main thing about music. Not having the passion to out sell other artists but having the passion to do what he does.

Thanks for reading:)

As much as i'd hate to spoil the moment. But Will Smith doesn't care about sales at all. He won't care if his album went gold like Born To Reign or 9x Platnuim like Big Willie Style. The matter of the fact is he makes his music for people to listen to. Not out selling other artists like 50 cent. He makes music for people who want to listen to it. And i believe that is the main thing about music. Not having the passion to out sell other artists but having the passion to do what he does.

Thanks for reading:)

You're right about that 'cause that's exactly what Will said in an interview and it's obvious that he spoke from his heart and is not bs'ing:

"the man once known as the Fresh Prince said he no longer worries about album sales. "I'm an entertainer. I make it and close my eyes," he said. "Sometimes it sells 14 million, sometimes it sells 300,000. For me it's about just doing what I do, and hoping that my artistry makes a difference."

He isn't trying to follow everybody else and the people who buy the albums he

does respect him for that and that's the most important thing at the end of the day, those who complain about their sales and their money lose respect no matter how much talent they have.

The good thing is, if Will carries on making movies, he will always have the funds to make a record if he WANTS to. I bet there's some old school hiphoppers out there who would love to make another album, but just don't have the funds or support to do it. After promoting Party Starter for about a week I've realised that the people that want the album, have it.

As much as lack-luster sales don't bug him. I think it's important 2 get his stuff out there. Most of us are discusted with the commerical image of Hip-Hop and Rap. FP is going against the grain and doing his part 2 save Hip-Hop, and i think it's important 2 put him in a place 2 do it more effectively. After all, more success means more videos, more remixes, more collabos and b-sides. It also means more touring, promotion and TV appearances. One of the reasons he dosen't record 2 often is cuz he dosen't feel appriciated and that there is a desire 2 him 2 drop and album more often.

Some of us got families, full time jobs and stuff like that, so our activeness might be stunted a bit. But i know there are other people out there who can carry this out in a big way. I think that as long as it's organized, there should defintly be a street team.

Commercial rap is dead, FP's outnumbered, there's only a few positive mcs in the game who try to make a difference with their songs like LL Cool J, Nas and Common, but then there's a whole bunch of fake gangstas that just rap trash who're more popular, the majority of people don't want a change and the hardcore hip-hop fanatics don't listen to the radio anymore and just buy underground albums or listen to neo-soul, lol.

yeh like i said alot of people do not care but just to hadn out promotional stuff is good you know like we could get t-shirts the podcast is already being in effect tim had a good idea with that im making a hiphop website well i'd be willing to make flyers if ya'll would print some off and give them out... its pretty easy to do and when it comes to website i can build them on freewebs or something and if 3-5 people put in a doller each we could have our own domain name.

I know where u are coming from bigted. But i personally could never just lay down and die...u gotta fight 4 what is right, ya know. Am i gonna just sit back and watch 50 Cent videos dominate the charts and put poison in the minds of kids watching MTV? Heck 2 the nizzo...it's time 2 vote 4 stuff like "Party Starter" when the video drops. It's time 2 put Black Eyed Peas "Don't Lie" (which is a brilliant song) on top of the cookie cutter G-Unit crap which sounds all the same and has no meaning. I rather support real Hip-Hop and NOT reap the benifits rather than just see the game stay in a current state of trash knowing that i could do something. Do it 4 the luv of da game.

yeah i think we the people can change things, after all its the people that choose who gets to the top of the charts, its just radio stations and tv shows try to tell us what we want instead of letting us decide.

If people wanna go out handing out panflets and stuff thats cool, i havnt got time to do anything like that tho, im completely snowed under at the mo. I will join in with things like the podcast and the blog which makes a difference. I also think voting for ps on trl is very important. Im gonna vote so much for ps when the video comes out, im sure if we all put loads of effort in, together we can get it on trl. (i know it sucks but it wil make a huge difference)

I know where u are coming from bigted.  But i personally could never just lay down and die...u gotta fight 4 what is right, ya know.  Am i gonna just sit back and watch 50 Cent videos dominate the charts and put poison in the minds of kids watching MTV?  Heck 2 the nizzo...it's time 2 vote 4 stuff like "Party Starter" when the video drops.  It's time 2 put Black Eyed Peas "Don't Lie" (which is a brilliant song) on top of the cookie cutter G-Unit crap which sounds all the same and has no meaning.  I rather support real Hip-Hop and NOT reap the benifits rather than just see the game stay in a current state of trash knowing that i could do something.  Do it 4 the luv of da game.

That's what I mean, we do gotta "Fight The Power" and stand up for our love of what hip-hop's all about , we gotta do it by not buying that ignorant crap and vote/buy albums from the artists that do stand for somethin' like FP, Black Eyed Peas, LL, Common, and those other mcs that're under the radar who stand for somethin' too, but there are people out there that like that crap and diss conscious/positive rappers who are hard to persuade, I'm not giving up, I was just sayin' it's a long fight that I'll be willing to keep battlin' though since I love hip-hop, I already tell as many people that I know already about this album and I post on other forums about it on my free time, I'll try to push a lil' harder too when "Party Starter" comes out!

btw, I'm happy that you're feelin' what I was saying earlier Turntable, much respect! :dope:

EDIT: Please move this to the Big Will forum whoever's moderater here, I accidently moved it to Willywood by accident, my bad, lol.

Edited by bigted